Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2037. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
New pool: http://198.199.79.100/

It can submit blocks thanks to the latest update of node-cryptonote-pool. The share difficulty is initially 600 and adjusts so the miner submits a share every 2 minutes. The domain name is moneropool.org, but the dns isn't working yet.

Note: you may or may not be paid, payments are still untested.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Even Darkcoin is CPU mining based, I didn't know that.
Is it like BCN ?

correct me if wrong but basically yes - without 80% premine
I am not aware of any premine with BCN.  Just because it was mined you and didn't know about it doesn't make it a premine lol.

if that was the case I guess Bitcoin was premined because I didn't know about it until 2011.

bitcoin was premined. Satoshi has around 1 million BTC and thats a big problem for bitcoin. At least the rest are spread unlike BCN... oh and btw Satoshi announced bitcoin start. Didnt wait for 2 years to make a thread Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Is it like BCN ?

I am not aware of any premine with BCN.  Just because it was mined you and didn't know about it doesn't make it a premine lol.

if that was the case I guess Bitcoin was premined because I didn't know about it until 2011.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Is it like BCN ?

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Looks a bit complicated, yet they get, slowly learning.

Yes, kinda.
I guess that is because it is at infancy stage.
While a user friendly wallet is available, it will spread like wild fire.
Activity: 70
Looks a bit complicated, yet they get, slowly learning.
Is it like BCN ?

These are CryptoNote coins. Other are available on http://cpucoinlist.com/

Cool, thanks for the link Smiley
Very usefull
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
I dont understand this point. If they definitely aren't finding blocks then you wouldn't get paid either way.
It's already been tested, the pool can't submit blocks correctly.
Oh I see, no worries then for superresistant wanting to keep track of work done if they aren't submitting blocks Smiley

Right.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I dont understand this point. If they definitely aren't finding blocks then you wouldn't get paid either way.

Oh I see, no worries then for superresistant wanting to keep track of work done if they aren't submitting blocks Smiley

Edit: look at the "Daemon" section for rejected blocks http://pastebin.com/z7szEhSZ

And on this page: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6711537
Does any MRO pool find blocks yet?

As far as Im aware the pools are being tested and the payout portion isn't complete. This means the pool is likely finding blocks but not paying out yet, this is why www.moneropool.com is offering a payout later depending on how much hashing power you contribute. There's no way of knowing how many blocks they find so for all you know they could be finding loads and end up making money off peoples hashing power.

Thats why they're in test, mine on one if you want but know you might not be getting your fair share.
You know you are definitely not getting paid and that the pool is definitely not finding blocks.

As far as Im aware the pools are being tested and the payout portion isn't complete. This means the pool is likely finding blocks but not paying out yet, this is why www.moneropool.com is offering a payout later depending on how much hashing power you contribute. There's no way of knowing how many blocks they find so for all you know they could be finding loads and end up making money off peoples hashing power.
Thats why they're in test, mine on one if you want but know you might not be getting your fair share.

Then I hope the beta-pool is keeping track of the work from users to redistribute the coins.

Why?

They've said many times its a test pool and payouts aren't working. People are voluntarily giving some hashing power to help the testing. If you dont want to help with that don't point any miners there. They aren't hiding it, its not supposed to be for everyone to point their hashing power to but how are you supposed to test a written from scratch pool without getting some volunteers.

You know you are definitely not getting paid and that the pool is definitely not finding blocks.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

Then I hope the beta-pool is keeping track of the work from users to redistribute the coins.

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
Hello,

so I have downloade the testing GUI wallet, and the cpu miner to mine in moneropool. I have a C2D6600, so everythings painfull slow for now(unless I commit other rigs as well), but seems to be running.

I canno understand one thing though, I am running cryptominer which generated a wallet/address for me. How can I use that in the gui wallet, since it looks like it wont locate it and try to make me a new address?

Last but not least how can I get an estimation on coins earned(not expecting much but still interested to know)

thank you
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
the cpu only?I am interested

Yes, there is few coins that are CPU driven
BCN, MRO, FMC and QuazarCoin I think
These are CryptoNote coins. Other are available on http://cpucoinlist.com/
MROcoin is doing well, with so many great things to come.

Yes, its one of the most exciting coins due to the anon features and other advantages.

How many other coins have got their own exchange within a few weeks of launch.
Jump to: