Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2039. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Hey devs, slow_hash.c is very hungry for stack space -- it segfaults when hashing the genesis block with a mingw-64bit build.  I noticed you increased the stack size limit with MSVC in the makefile, so it would be a good idea to place the equvalent inside the MINGW conditional -- set(CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS "${CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS} -Wl,--stack,10485760")

Alternatively, you could place long_state on the heap since it wouldn't slow things down much at all.
Activity: 224
Why does anyone want to use a pool that doesn't work yet?  Huh
I don't, but will when a working functional pool is up.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Simpleminer is going to be replaced by cpuminer soon, and that has an option for number of threads. Until then, just launch multiple instances of simpleminer.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
i am trying to contribute. that little that my contribution maybe.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Why does anyone want to use a pool that doesn't work yet?  Huh
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
how do I use the pool
it says to download a wallet and simple miner. do I have to use that one or the one i have already created and have been solo mining on.

also, do run bitmonerod locally or just open run the simpleminer.

this is my command: simpleminer --pool-addr=mon.hashharder.com:5555 --login=45zQuFfmbwC6o4aq7vVxXUbwUE31FEywxehsVmGY5C4o9ZgaPXZDnVm347ECvwT75gVPnVBAkHNKMDMiQ8Sz7NHrKsGD9J1 --pass x
also as above, I am curious how to add threads.

Activity: 140
Merit: 12
All that being said, I have bought a LOT of Monero, relative to the amount of money I have, and I am considering buying more.

As have I, wolf. As have I.
Activity: 308
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash

VAR1="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8"  # 8 core cpu

for a in $VAR1; do { ./simpleminer --pool-addr=mon.hashharder.com:5555 --login=4AqWKmfKGGshBuG6qHEM5KNTmZwY3Vqn4Ev2KioFSmokNe3vjWamkxmJnYCpySpATnHQAdnxSKJ2BWmRuVjBps3R5xYhCzP --pass x; } & done;
WAITPIDS="$WAITPIDS "$!;...; wait $WAITPIDS
echo "Script has finished"

Exit 1
Activity: 253
Let's Boolberry
How use threads with simpleminer ?

I took a quick look at the code I think you just need to run multiple copies. Run it as many times as you want threads. Unless I missed something.

Yeah, multithreading is on the TODO list, but we also hope to have a proper cpuminer fork out soon too.

OH no,should it be fix soon?
Activity: 308
How use threads with simpleminer ?

I took a quick look at the code I think you just need to run multiple copies. Run it as many times as you want threads. Unless I missed something.

Yeah, multithreading is on the TODO list, but we also hope to have a proper cpuminer fork out soon too.
Activity: 253
Let's Boolberry
In testing

http://mon.hashharder.com/index.html#

Code:
simpleminer --pool-addr=mon.hashharder.com:5555 --login=address --pass x

I wona know how did I add the mining-threads?
Code:
--mining-threads=3
or
Code:
--mining-threads 3
or
Code:
t=3
does not work at all
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Would love to set my miners at this pool have about 25 machines, but cannot seem to get ubuntu 12.04 to run this software for some reason... still stuck cannot figure out why....

anyone successfully installed on 12.04? if so please get me the commands to make this work.
What are your errors?

i have alot of errors when i do make -j4

But i just checked i installed boost 1.55 but it still showing

#define BOOST_LIB_VERSION "1_48"

How do i remove bost 1.48 completely and install it fresh because that might be the cause.

and if i have 32 threads on my cpu. would my make -j32  be that?? confused
Did you compile boost from source? If so

Code:
rm -rf bitmonero/build
make -j4 BOOST_ROOT=/path/to/boost1.55

If you installed it with apt-get, try

Code:
sudo apt-get remove libboost-all-dev libboost-dev
sudo apt-get autoremove

More issues. I don't know if it is necessary to build boost with mpi (though if you are going to install it system wide that might be a good idea) but if so you need to add mpi to the apt-get install earlier in the script.
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511

Just make absolutely sure you have a copy of your wallet stored securely.  It's even more important with Monero than bitcoin-based stuff -- I have corrupted my wallet.bin and wallet.keys several times.

I keep a spare copy of it on another directory on my computer, and another copy remotely.  That seems to work pretty well thus far.

How did you corrupt it?

I was ssh'd into the machine with the wallet, left the wallet open, and then (by closing my laptop and going somewhere else), let the ssh session get terminated.

Some of those corruptions may have been when I was trying to un-stick the merge-mined blocks (fix now committed by NoodleDoodleNoodleDoodle), but some of them were when just looking at the wallet.
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
I really really want to engage in this altcoin community, but I find the command lines and such quite confusing, so much looking forward to official gui releases, wallet/miner

Yeah, if you can't use a shell, you'll want to wait a bit on this one.

its not like im an inexperienced windows user, but I feel rather uncomfy when we are dealing with command lines, unstable soft like windows and real investments. Is the gui wallet under testing fully functional? can you save ur monero even though its experimental?

Well, I'm not trying to be mean when I say this, but this is pre-alpha software. Monero may one day make it big with some work, but it has some seriously massive bugs.

As for the GUI wallet, I would trust the CLI tools far more than I would trust it. Why? Because it's had even less time to mature than Monero has (even though I'm sure it is less complex), and more importantly, it uses the same CLI tools anyway. Adding that layer of indirection just means more can go wrong.

All that being said, I have bought a LOT of Monero, relative to the amount of money I have, and I am considering buying more.

Just make absolutely sure you have a copy of your wallet stored securely.  It's even more important with Monero than bitcoin-based stuff -- I have corrupted my wallet.bin and wallet.keys several times.

I keep a spare copy of it on another directory on my computer, and another copy remotely.  That seems to work pretty well thus far.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
well finally got it running but i cannot get connected to anything.....

2014-May-15 08:02:14.900614 [P2P9]Connecting to 107.158.233.98:18080(white=1, last_seen: never)...
2014-May-15 08:02:19.909031 [P2P9]Connect failed to 107.158.233.98:18080
2014-May-15 08:02:19.909347 [P2P9]Connecting to 64.22.111.2:18080(white=1, last_seen: never)...
2014-May-15 08:02:24.916446 [P2P9]Connect failed to 64.22.111.2:18080
2014-May-15 08:02:24.916770 [P2P9]Connecting to 107.158.233.98:18080(white=1, last_seen: never)...
2014-May-15 08:02:29.919603 [P2P9]Connect failed to 107.158.233.98:18080
2014-May-15 08:02:29.920138 [P2P9]Failed to connect to any of seed peers, continuing without seeds

dont understand?? problem after problem
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^It's just a wrapper over the bitmonerod.exe and simplewallet.exe. It should be as safe as those are, because it's just sending commands to them (they should be in the same folder or otherwise it crashes) and the real work is done by them.
Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter
I really really want to engage in this altcoin community, but I find the command lines and such quite confusing, so much looking forward to official gui releases, wallet/miner

Yeah, if you can't use a shell, you'll want to wait a bit on this one.

its not like im an inexperienced windows user, but I feel rather uncomfy when we are dealing with command lines, unstable soft like windows and real investments. Is the gui wallet under testing fully functional? can you save ur monero even though its experimental?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Monero (MRO) is available for voting at ICURREX.com  Smiley

Hi,

I saw your site, looks great!

However, I immediately left and will be staying away from it indefinitely due to the fact that you ask for my first name, last name, and phone number?...I don't really have anything to hide but IMO you would not be collecting that information unless you planned on doing something with it, as it is completely unnecessary to facilitate exchanging of coins, this makes me nervous.

Furthermore, the ONLY time I have EVER been asked my name in the wild west that is crypto is when I am trying to sell bitcoin for u.s. dollars, which is understandable.

Hi,
Thank you!  Cheesy
Phone number is required for 2FA thus stronger security, furthermore, you can read our terms for more details about how we deal with your data.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
What Monero needs is a GUI/Wallet, Really badly.

This could could be the #1 anonymous coin.

Darkcoin has it's masternodes, but thing is, those masternodes are made by people, you and me, so they an always be taken down or hacked etc. And the name, Darkcoin, is extremely unlikely to gain worldwide use, even to the extent litecoin has. Darkcoin sounds like a coin for drug dealers/underground markets in a whole, not to mention it's huge 2million, instamine.

GUI wallets are under development. There is one being tested by people already. Check the first post on this thread for the thread link.
Activity: 294
What Monero needs is a GUI/Wallet, Really badly.

This could could be the #1 anonymous coin.

Darkcoin has it's masternodes, but thing is, those masternodes are made by people, you and me, so they an always be taken down or hacked etc. And the name, Darkcoin, is extremely unlikely to gain worldwide use, even to the extent litecoin has. Darkcoin sounds like a coin for drug dealers/underground markets in a whole, not to mention it's huge 2million, instamine.
Jump to: