Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 607. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Ah, that explains it as usually he got back to me quick. Anyone else with MyMonero experience?
I am afraid to import my other paper wallet as I'm not sure the system is working. Has anyone done a paper wallet import since the hard fork?

He's been captured by the North Koreans.

Are you able to run a node? You can import your keys into simplewallet and it'll rescan the chain for your transactions. Actually, you can do that even without a node if you connect to a remote one (I don't have the information handy but there are several open ones).

Thanks luigi. Something with my Mac has made installing a wallet just not work. I have even reinstalled the OS. I had the Ethereum wallet on my machine and it had problems as well (would always fall behind.) So, I don't feel (yet) like trying the wallet again.

The problem is that when I input the seed words into MyMonero, it shows a balance of zero (and no transactions), so I'm not sure inputting them into a desktop wallet would actually do anything. I think they are stuck somewhere. They were successfully sent to the paper wallet, but with Monero, you can't really check the balance, lol. But you can see the transaction...
legendary
Activity: 1105

Ah, that explains it as usually he got back to me quick. Anyone else with MyMonero experience?
I am afraid to import my other paper wallet as I'm not sure the system is working. Has anyone done a paper wallet import since the hard fork?

He's been captured by the North Koreans.

Are you able to run a node? You can import your keys into simplewallet and it'll rescan the chain for your transactions. Actually, you can do that even without a node if you connect to a remote one (I don't have the information handy but there are several open ones).
legendary
Antifragile
Hey guys,

I was trying to import a paper wallet yesterday into MyMonero. I put in the 25 word mneumonic seed and then sent 10 XMR to that address (and I just checked, I also put in the payment ID as well). Next time I logged in, I put in those same 25 words and there were no transactions present. The transaction is recorded though in my other MyMonero wallet. The importing wallet still says "Payment not yet received" when I click on "account"/"import transactions". Any idea where those XMR could have gone?

Thanks,
IAS

I sometimes notice a lag between my actual committed transactions and those that are reflected in mymonero.

Thanks (everyone) for the comments. I sent a message to fluffypony on Sunday as well as an email.
I know what you mean vokain (and long time no see! Hope you are well.) But I didn't even get to see most of the importing process. I sent the payment and started the import process but never saw it in operation, if that makes sense. When I log on now it just has a balance of 0 with no transactions, so it isn't like it was hacked or the like.  My other MyMonero account shows the 10 XMR was sent successfully. (As well as 10 from the same original wallet because I thought I could import those XMR into another account. Wonder if I can still use those XMR as it is on the blockchain.)

Thanks again guys,
IAS

I would suggest that you work it out with fluffypony either via email or on freenode IRC.

It has been a couple of days now and fluffypony has not gotten back to me via the messaging here. I don't have freenode IRC.
I also emailed support, but have not heard back in two days either.

Any other suggestions or can someone contact fluffypony or support to try to aid here?
Very much appreciated,
IAS

I'm pretty sure he is still travelling.  He has been in Asia the last little while.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Hey guys,

I was trying to import a paper wallet yesterday into MyMonero. I put in the 25 word mneumonic seed and then sent 10 XMR to that address (and I just checked, I also put in the payment ID as well). Next time I logged in, I put in those same 25 words and there were no transactions present. The transaction is recorded though in my other MyMonero wallet. The importing wallet still says "Payment not yet received" when I click on "account"/"import transactions". Any idea where those XMR could have gone?

Thanks,
IAS

I sometimes notice a lag between my actual committed transactions and those that are reflected in mymonero.

Thanks (everyone) for the comments. I sent a message to fluffypony on Sunday as well as an email.
I know what you mean vokain (and long time no see! Hope you are well.) But I didn't even get to see most of the importing process. I sent the payment and started the import process but never saw it in operation, if that makes sense. When I log on now it just has a balance of 0 with no transactions, so it isn't like it was hacked or the like.  My other MyMonero account shows the 10 XMR was sent successfully. (As well as 10 from the same original wallet because I thought I could import those XMR into another account. Wonder if I can still use those XMR as it is on the blockchain.)

Thanks again guys,
IAS

I would suggest that you work it out with fluffypony either via email or on freenode IRC.

It has been a couple of days now and fluffypony has not gotten back to me via the messaging here. I don't have freenode IRC.

Any other suggestions or can someone contact fluffypony or support to try to aid here?
Very much appreciated,
IAS

I'm pretty sure he is still travelling.  He has been in Asia the last little while.
legendary
Antifragile
Hey guys,

Thanks,
IAS

Thanks again guys,
IAS

Very much appreciated,
IAS
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hey guys,

Thanks,
IAS

Thanks again guys,
IAS

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Man, complicated phase for Monero, some guys are dumping a lot.

In the last 1.5 months ago it jumped from 0.45$ to over 1.6$.
Unfortunately now it's falling back.

Although I feel that under 2$ XMR is heavily undervaluated, it's still not the end of the world.
When it will be ready for it, it will rise and will not fall back again. I still trust this coin and its devs.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Man, complicated phase for Monero, some guys are dumping a lot.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I should have grabbed some on sale yesterday

They are still on sale.
Activity: 157
I should have grabbed some on sale yesterday
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
does the coin update still??

I am unsure of your exact question.

There was one major update at the beginning of the year as well as 3 minor ones since then.  There was also a recent hardfork.  This was the first hardfork and they are scheduled every 6 months going forward.

Yes the development is ongoing with many improvements currently being worked on.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
does the coin update still??
legendary
Antifragile
Hey guys,

Thanks,
IAS

Thanks again guys,
IAS
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Monero devs, I have the following question:

If A sends XMR to a stealth address of B, then B sends XMR to the stealth address of C, will A be able to see that his coins are now on C`s stealth address ?

No, traceability is "broken" by ring signatures, which achieve untraceability. Stealth addresses merely achieve unlinkability, but you need both to achieve privacy.
legendary
Hi, i downloaded the newest client and the newest blockchain fomr the getmonero site and placed them in the bitmonero folder, but it started synchronising from the beginning again.   Why so? And why is the blockchain name ending with .raw now and not with .bin?  I`m missing something...    I havent worked with monero since like 1 year.

If you haven't used Monero for a year, you were probably using a version without the database. That is, a version where the blockchain was still stored in RAM. The current versions (0.9.x - Hydrogen Helix) use a database to store the blockchain and therefore bitmonerod only uses a negligible amount of RAM. Only blockchains of current versions (0.9.x - Hydrogen Helix) are compatible. If you really want to import your old blockchain, you can use the importer, which is described here:

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/releases/tag/v0.9.0

(ctrl + f "Updating: Blockchain Conversion")

Even though the guide is written under the 0.9.0 release, it is advisable to use 0.9.4. Though, since you downloaded the newest client you are probably using that.
Activity: 744
Merit: 500
Monero devs, I have the following question:

If A sends XMR to a stealth address of B, then B sends XMR to the stealth address of C, will A be able to see that his coins are now on C`s stealth address ?
Activity: 186
Hi, i downloaded the newest client and the newest blockchain fomr the getmonero site and placed them in the bitmonero folder, but it started synchronising from the beginning again.   Why so? And why is the blockchain name ending with .raw now and not with .bin?  I`m missing something...    I havent worked with monero since like 1 year.
legendary
I have problem with my wallet. Any suggestion ?

Which version are you on?

Everything was fine until I put frends wallets on my computer.

Since then I have a problem

Your blockchain is likely corrupted. The best option is to upgrade to 0.9.4.0 and sync from scratch again.

https://getmonero.org/2016/04/02/monero-0.9.4-released.html

P.S. It is generally advisable to upgrade to 0.9.4 since it contains a lot of fixes over older Hydrogen Helix (i.e. 0.9.x) versions.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I have problem with my wallet. Any suggestion ?

http://i66.tinypic.com/sw8suq.jpg

Which version are you on?

Everything was fine until I put frends wallets on my computer.

Since then I have a problem
Jump to: