Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 633. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
TaurusBit.com Administrator
Having syncing issues after upgrading to v0.9.2.0

Code:
2016-Mar-20 23:43:41.271806 [P2P1][94.174.0.11:18080 OUT]Sync data returned unknown top block: 1005891 -> 1006093 [202 blocks (0 days) behind]
SYNCHRONIZATION started
2016-Mar-20 23:44:01.504725 [P2P5]Failed to add block blob to db transaction: MDB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already exists
2016-Mar-20 23:44:01.504857 [P2P5]ERROR /DISTRIBUTION-BUILD/src/cryptonote_core/blockchain.cpp:2716 Error adding block with hash: to blockchain, what = Failed to add block blob to db transaction: MDB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already exists
Activity: 308
Merit: 109
When starting bitmonerod, the message is shown.
Last scheduled hard fork time shows a daemon update is needed now.

I thought this update would do it.

What should I do?
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
use transfer 0   for 200xmr to poloniex.com ,fee is 0.4 xmr,does that too high?
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Is everything in order for 1000 USD Monero Party  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Mangox, please direct those replies to the speculation thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-speculation-753252
Activity: 364
It's so this retard can go off again. Smiley

https://vid.me/ima7

We already 0.0035btc Sorry .. Grin
Activity: 364
I smell a pump and dump Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
bitmonerod .9.2 status  tells me 'update required'. 
getmonero.org has only .9.1 available, and I've seen nothing posted here.  Rumor has it there is supposed to be an update later today, just wondering if it is released already.

The update required message is kind of a bug. It is based on the planned hard fork date, but your version is new enough for the hard fork anyway so the message is wrong.

Anyway, the minor release is still scheduled for today but not up yet.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259
bitmonerod .9.2 status  tells me 'update required'. 
getmonero.org has only .9.1 available, and I've seen nothing posted here.  Rumor has it there is supposed to be an update later today, just wondering if it is released already.
legendary
@parker928

Most likely invalid address means you typed in the address wrong. It is also possible you put the argument in the wrong order.

You should wait for it to finish syncing before trying to transfer though.

Thought so. can you please remind me what the exact format is, i forgot where exactly the spaces go or if there are commas and parentheses etc. i have been holding for 18 months so its hard to remember how to work this damn thing

transfer [mixin] address amount [payment-id]

The items in [brackets] are optional.

how do i use -- verify command?

I typed exactly that "--verify 0" and "-verify 0" and "verify 0" none of those helped to speed anything up! i must be missing something

It is used with blockchain_import and the downloaded bootstrap.

blockchain_import --verify 0 blockchain.raw

I think. May be slightly off, in which case hopefully someone will correct it.

I'm not really sure what that means...

You download the file blockchain.raw from getmonero.org. Instead of syncing the daemon, you use the blockchain_import utility to import the raw file. The optional '--verify 0' option makes the process go much faster but skips all safety checks.

If you aren't comfortable with a procedure like this the best thing to do is be patient and let the daemon sync by itself.

EDIT: The correct format for the blockchain_import command (with '--verify 0' added optionally) is

blockchain_import --input-file blockchain.raw
Activity: 294
@parker928

Most likely invalid address means you typed in the address wrong. It is also possible you put the argument in the wrong order.

Thought so. can you please remind me what the exact format is, i forgot where exactly the spaces go or if there are commas and parentheses etc. i have been holding for 18 months so its hard to remember how to work this damn thing

I typed exactly that "--verify 0" and "-verify 0" and "verify 0" none of those helped to speed anything up! i must be missing something

I'm not really sure what that means...
legendary
@parker928

@parker928

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Hi all, can I have a little help with with problem?
Simple question: Is there way to use my wallet (wallet, keys files) created with - bitmonero wallet v0.8.8.4-771b531, and if have way how?
Thanks in advance
legendary
@parker928

legendary
@parker928

anyway i think the address i am trying to send to is a newly created address so the daemon may not recognize it because it is only synced to like 900,000 blocks so maybe if that wallet was created within the last 100,000 blocks the daemon just doesnt know it yet. interesting

wait nvm it seems i am only 10% done syncing...where can i go to get a downloaded blockchain so i dont have to wait 24+ hours for this to finish

There is a bootstrap you can download from getmonero.org, but the import process (blockchain_import) is fairly slow. You can choose to fully trust the download with --verify 0 which will speed it up. Or wait.

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
@parker928

anyway i think the address i am trying to send to is a newly created address so the daemon may not recognize it because it is only synced to like 900,000 blocks so maybe if that wallet was created within the last 100,000 blocks the daemon just doesnt know it yet. interesting

wait nvm it seems i am only 10% done syncing...where can i go to get a downloaded blockchain so i dont have to wait 24+ hours for this to finish
@parker928

legendary
@parker928

Jump to: