Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 636. (Read 4670673 times)

hyc
Activity: 88
Merit: 16
I sent an email to cryptonotepool.org.uk. Haven't heard back yet.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
legendary
legendary
Fourth dev meeting in approximately 4 hours (17:00 UTC). Dev meeting will be held at #monero-dev on freenode.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20160319T17&p1=0&p2=56&p3=37&p4=102&p5=240&p6=136&p7=179&p8=137&p9=70

If you have an IRC client, just make sure you are on the freenode server and you can subsequently join #monero-dev. If you don't have an IRC client, you can follow the dev meeting using:

http://webchat.freenode.net/

Set the channel to -> #monero-dev and pick a nickname you like. Everyone is welcome to follow the dev meeting!
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Monero-ers in Japan, let's meet up when my wife and I are there in a week-and-a-half's time:)

Post: https://forum.getmonero.org/11/meta/2511/monero-in-japan
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
Thirdly, a year ago I took a 30% APR predatory loan for $8,000 and put it fully into Monero at 40 cents each, so consider that as my vote of confidence.

Dude, what? Have you paid it back at least?
legendary
Activity: 2242
Merit: 3523
Flippin' burgers since 1163.
Going to spam this place only once, but the offer is still valid. Two days remaining Smiley
(node has been upgraded to the latest version 0.9.2)

Support the Monero network by hiring a pre-installed full node for just 4$

Recently I switched provider (more expensive, higher specs for simultaneously running a Bitcoin node) and I was wondering what to do with my current Monero node. It hurts a bit to just let it go, especially because it just runs great and is cheap. It is hosted at MikroVPS.eu for 4$ per month and they accept bitcoin (and so Monero through XMR.to).

So I was thinking there may be more users like me (I struggled hard but had great help from the community), who would like to support the Monero network but are not that much experienced configuring a Linux server. Therefore I would like to check if there is any interest in extending a fully hosted Monero node:

You can pay the equivalent of 4$ in Monero or Bitcoin, and the node will run for another whole month. You can check whether it is online here (just zoom in a little bit) since it is the only node running in the area.

Specs of the node, still valid till 2016-03-21
- 25 GB harddisk
- 512 MB RAM
- 250 GB bandwidth
- Ubuntu Linux 15.10 x64
- IP: 185.112.158.127

The Monero node is running from Hungaria, Budapest and is nicely filling up a gap on the map of Europe:

Some statistics of the last few weeks:

Monero address: 45dBwTfM1oFGVWEosmtxTeEXQpWMvvzf8cPaELkNsebNPZMcRaX3P8V1eF5afBS9LW1xJbMPYkteM8W bbu56K9kJSwvSrrB
Bitcoin address: 1B3cZEg1oGnXpgjhkTJGpP9G4LNPWTXk1D
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Would you say now is a good time to invest in xmr?
I have been reading a lot about it and seeing it a lot on twitter.
Are you guys buying?

The technical properties of Monero as a cryptocurrency are superior to everything else in existence.

Whether this will translate into a price rise is unknown, in this insane market that is willing to value Ethereum at a billion dollars, while Monero is 1% of that.
legendary
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
Are you guys buying?

First of all, this kind of chatter really belongs in the speculation thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-speculation-753252 

Secondly, no one here is qualified to give you investment or trading advice.  Even one of the core devs advises everyone to own 'zero' Monero. 

Thirdly, a year ago I took a 30% APR predatory loan for $8,000 and put it fully into Monero at 40 cents each, so consider that as my vote of confidence.
legendary
Are you guys buying?

Directing you to this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.15020
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Two heads are better than one.
Are you guys buying?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
bter still alive

almost three day to withdraw xmr, deposit is immediate, that's not very comforting

I have 0.5 BTC worth of UNITY on there, tried to make a withdrawal, but the UNITY just disappeared. I have been ignored by admin for five days now.

I am also hearing of problems with QORA and TIPS

And then, there's this:

http://www.satoshinews.org/2016/03/bitcoin-exchange-bter-withdrawal-issues.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think it's safe to advise people to not make any deposits there.

I'm going to post this in several threads for visibility.
legendary
Please explain very simply what is needed Hydrogen Helix? Thanks.

Yes, any version of Hydrogen Helix (0.9.x) is fine, but preferably 0.9.2
Activity: 687
novag
Please explain very simply what is needed Hydrogen Helix? Thanks.
Activity: 500
bter still alive

almost three day to withdraw xmr, deposit is immediate, that's not very comforting
Activity: 306
Merit: 251
When will 0.9.2 be available on getmonero.org for Windows 64 bit?

Special thanks to osensei for already updating Monerohash.com.  Mining shall continue uninterrupted  Cool

Probably tomorrow when Fluffypony GPG signed the binaries (and published the checksums).

Thanks dEBRUYNE I'll keep an eye out for it.  
legendary

Special thanks to osensei for already updating Monerohash.com.  Mining shall continue uninterrupted  Cool

Probably tomorrow when Fluffypony GPG signed the binaries (and published the checksums).
Activity: 306
Merit: 251

Special thanks to osensei for already updating Monerohash.com.  Mining shall continue uninterrupted  Cool
Jump to: