Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 694. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Just done block chain synchronization from the beginning. It took 2 days because it got slower and slower. However, the interesting part is that the block chain database file is reduced to 8,100,100 KB from 10,600,000 KB

what kind of machine was this? sounds terrible slow.
is the hd 5400 rpm or what could it make this slow?

Even a slow HD like that should not make it that slow.

I run old hardware (2009 era xeons, DDR2, 5400 rpm hard drives, etc). a full sync from scratch can take 2 days even on a 50 MB/s down / 5 MB/s up cnxn. Limit settings were at default.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Just done block chain synchronization from the beginning. It took 2 days because it got slower and slower. However, the interesting part is that the block chain database file is reduced to 8,100,100 KB from 10,600,000 KB

Even a slow HD like that should not make it that slow.
legendary

Thats very unusual, my sync from scratch took just over 2 hrs I think.  SSD HD and decent internet connection.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
It seems like Shen is going full steam ahead! Some updates regarding Ring Confidential Transactions for Monero:

edit 1/9/2016: Looks like its fully funded! Thanks to everyone who funded - I've started the work (https://github.com/ShenNoether/MiniNero/commit/9ede58897808bee784dab296654b99899a58c109), and I will be posting updates here for the next two weeks as I work on this, rather than updating both here and the stickied reddit post.

edit 1/13/2016: MG sigs + demo are done (git clone https://github.com/ShenNoether/MiniNero.git, cd brief, make, a.exe (or a.out depending on system)). Most of the helper functions are there, so the rest should go a little bit quicker. Also fixed a tiny bug in Monero's keccak function.

edit 1/14/2016: ASNL + demo are done. (https://github.com/ShenNoether/MiniNero/commit/88b2d93e137bd5a2e2a2700ac11136705bd463c5) I will probably do some additional checks on these and the MG sigs once I get everything finished, however they are working as expected now.

edit 1/15/2016: spent an all nighter getting a rough version of all the code finished - I will most likely clean it up, and then make it available early next week.

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/2450/ring-ct-c-crypto

Primer, you make it sound like a battle.

Another update:

edit 1/21/2016: Just FYI the code is fully working (available at https://github.com/ShenNoether/MiniNero/tree/master/brief) right now I am just doing some additional checks / testing / looking carefully for bugs, I expect to have all of these checks done by end of the week.
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world

legendary
One of the community members made Monero Community Contributions board on Trello, such that we can more efficiently contribute as a community to various things

Thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/42ajfv/monero_community_contributions_board_on_trello/

The board itself: https://trello.com/b/5R2ly4mV/monero-community-contributions
legendary
server error on mymonero now.
Is there tutorial on how to import mymonero wallet to simple wallet?
Thinking on running fullnode now that I have stable internet connection.

There is no off-the-shelf way to do this. There is code (useful for an Oh Shit solution if MyMonero went offline permanently or for an extended period) but there are also issues with merging it directly.

In practice the easiest and best way to do this, albeit with a 10 XMR fee, is to create a wallet with simplewallet, and then import that wallet in MyMonero. You will then be able to access it both ways.

To complement, if you merely want to go from MyMonero to simplewallet, it is better to create a new wallet with simplewallet and just send the funds from your MyMonero wallet to simplewallet.

See this thread as well -> https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/424wkw/mymonero_private_login_key/
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
I've got a question on the wallet generator; is it safe to play with the word list to further increase security?
If yes are there any restrictions? i.e. word-length or characters?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1106
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hello. I sent to poloniex.com from the purse of xmr, I sent with mixin 0, earlier always so I sent. And mixin 6 was necessary. Transaction of not confirmed yet (https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/transaction/f9e2551e60ec55c0caca725dd07c6e23c48175398387edfc35289f369d2cea08). It will be confirmed? or what to do?
That transaction probably will not confirm because it is too large. The first 0.9 release had that problem which was fixed in 0.9.1

You should try rescan_spent which may recover the funds back to your wallet and you can send them again after upgrading to the 0.9.1 release

If that doesn't work, check back here.
]: rescan_spent
Error: this command requires a trusted daemon. Enable with --trusted-daemon

what to do?

Restart simplewallet with --trusted-daemon added to the command line. That means simplewallet may send private data to the daemon (needed for rescan_spent), so your privacy could be compromised if using a remote daemon. If you are using your own deamon, this is nothing to worry about.

legendary

There is no off-the-shelf way to do this. There is code (useful for an Oh Shit solution if MyMonero went offline permanently or for an extended period) but there are also issues with merging it directly.

In practice the easiest and best way to do this, albeit with a 10 XMR fee, is to create a wallet with simplewallet, and then import that wallet in MyMonero. You will then be able to access it both ways.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Recommend an exchange for New York residents barred from plx?

Use a (BTC/XMR) friendly VPN.

"Oh hello Polo. I am like, from Singapore and stuff."   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1101
karbo.io
Would be nice to obtain mymonero to run locally with localhost deamon.  Roll Eyes
Merit: 567
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hello. I sent to poloniex.com from the purse of xmr, I sent with mixin 0, earlier always so I sent. And mixin 6 was necessary. Transaction of not confirmed yet (https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/transaction/f9e2551e60ec55c0caca725dd07c6e23c48175398387edfc35289f369d2cea08). It will be confirmed? or what to do?
That transaction probably will not confirm because it is too large. The first 0.9 release had that problem which was fixed in 0.9.1

You should try rescan_spent which may recover the funds back to your wallet and you can send them again after upgrading to the 0.9.1 release

If that doesn't work, check back here.
]: rescan_spent
Error: this command requires a trusted daemon. Enable with --trusted-daemon

what to do?
legendary
Maybe not in your path or something?

Code:
$ ./blockchain_import --help
Creating the logger system
Monero 'Hydrogen Helix' (v0.9.1.0-d2a5f72)
Activity: 546
Help

How do I in port the   blockchain.raw  file

I tried to rename it to blockchain.bin   

it did not work , still dl from the net .

blockchain_import

You may add --verify 0 to turn off verification and trust the contents of the file (faster). Still, the import tool is pretty slow though and you may find that syncing from the net is faster. The main advantage of using blockchain_raw is less bandwidth.

Hello

I get   unknown command blockchain_import

legendary
Help

blockchain_import

You may add --verify 0 to turn off verification and trust the contents of the file (faster). Still, the import tool is pretty slow though and you may find that syncing from the net is faster. The main advantage of using blockchain_raw is less bandwidth.
Activity: 546
Help

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Something unexpected occurred when submitting your transaction: Invalid transaction

i have 121 confirmed coin and cant spend 50 or 100 or 120. weird.

Asking people on Bitcointalk won't help address the specific issue you're encountering, I'm afraid. You have to email us ([email protected]) with your address and details of the problem you're encountering.
Jump to: