Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 690. (Read 4670673 times)

pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
OK, a little bit improved for those confused with cash and digital. Dollar bills are symbols of fiat currency.
I was trying to keep it simple as much as possible, not overcomplicate.

Looks great! Well done.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Major announcement from NobleSir. RingCT library is ready for testing!

https://twitter.com/XMRpromotions/status/692096697493639169
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Realtime coin market data site CoinCap.io has released an app for iOS devices! Download the app for your iPhone and get realtime market data for your Monero, set up alerts for XMR prices increases and decreases as well as create up to three altfolios so you can keep up with your XMR and other altcoin holdings.

That's nice.... but ppl who are interested in crypto mining are often geeks and won't use iPhones...

Some (pseudo)geeks do use iPhones!  Roll Eyes  Grin
App looks to get stuck retrieving latest market data, then crashes/closes. Uh Oh... Fine now. Cool!
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508
Realtime coin market data site CoinCap.io has released an app for iOS devices! Download the app for your iPhone and get realtime market data for your Monero, set up alerts for XMR prices increases and decreases as well as create up to three altfolios so you can keep up with your XMR and other altcoin holdings.

That's nice.... but ppl who are interested in crypto currency are often geeks and won't use iPhones...
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1101
karbo.io
OK, a little bit improved for those confused with cash and digital. Dollar bills are symbols of fiat currency.
I was trying to keep it simple as much as possible, not overcomplicate.

Activity: 649
Merit: 500
server error on mymonero now.
Is there tutorial on how to import mymonero wallet to simple wallet?
Thinking on running fullnode now that I have stable internet connection.

There is no off-the-shelf way to do this. There is code (useful for an Oh Shit solution if MyMonero went offline permanently or for an extended period) but there are also issues with merging it directly.

In practice the easiest and best way to do this, albeit with a 10 XMR fee, is to create a wallet with simplewallet, and then import that wallet in MyMonero. You will then be able to access it both ways.

Easier still is generating with one of the offline generators (simplewallet is one). As long as you log into MyMonero with the seed prior to actually sending the account any funds, you don't need to pay the import fee.

Basically, just use 25 word seeds instead of 13 word seeds.

I would argue that if people can afford to pay the import fee they should because the fees helps support Monero development.

Actually, fluffypony says that MyMonero (which is not associated with the dev team) only charges the import fee to cover the cost associated with processing the entire chain looking for transactions for that address. Therefore, if you are just creating the address, there is no point in paying that fee (unless you want to help the guys who host the servers Tongue )
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

There is no off-the-shelf way to do this. There is code (useful for an Oh Shit solution if MyMonero went offline permanently or for an extended period) but there are also issues with merging it directly.

In practice the easiest and best way to do this, albeit with a 10 XMR fee, is to create a wallet with simplewallet, and then import that wallet in MyMonero. You will then be able to access it both ways.

Easier still is generating with one of the offline generators (simplewallet is one). As long as you log into MyMonero with the seed prior to actually sending the account any funds, you don't need to pay the import fee.

I would argue that if people can afford to pay the import fee they should because the fees helps support Monero development.

I think the dude wants to get his funds off mymonero and into his own wallet. Easiest thing you can do is get your own node running, make a new address using simplewallet, and then when mymonero is working, go in there and transfer your funds to your new simplewallet address.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Am I missing something? How is cash digital?

Wire transfer, interact transfer, visa, etc.  You can transfer fiat electronically in many ways however none of them are decentralized.

Nor private.

IMO that diagram is confusing: Fiat money can't be digital and private at the same time, it can be private only in the form of cash, which is not digital.

It works fine if you just remove the dollar bills from the "digital" circle and only put them in the "private" circle.

I think there should be a credit card with the fiat as they are pretty much interwoven.
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
One could make the case for slight variations in the diagram, but overall the diagram is accurate.

For example:
   1. "Hand me the cash that is on the table." This is referring only to physical fiat.

2. "Wire the cash to me," or, "Wire the money to me." This is also cash even if it's not physical for part of all of the transaction.

Both are cash. There's not a sphere for "physical" and I don't think it's needed.

It seems the point of the diagram is to showcase the differences/relationships between fiat, gold, Monero, and Bitcoin. If someone wants to communicate the pillars of Monero, another diagram can be created for that.
legendary
Activity: 1105

Activity: 1308
Merit: 508
I don't know what CPU miner that is but with the right one you should get something like 150 from CPU alone. Try 3 threads for a start.

And which is the right one?

I use yam for the cpu
look here if want to use that pool.
https://moneropool.com/#getting_started

I dont think that gpu can give much...how much does it say?

I don't wanna change pools.
It says 70 H/s for the CPU.

Use the the yam miner- it should give better than you are getting now.  
The gpu is pretty useless for mining.
I got the right version now - but I can't handle the setup. It doesn't start at all....

My current setup is this:
miner -t 6 -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://mine.moneropool.com:3333 -u Adress -p x

Yam miner tells me to use it this way....
yam -c x -M stratum+tcp://YOUR_EMAIL%40DOMAIN.COM:[email protected]:45560/xmr

But I can't fit my adress in this command the way it works...
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
I think it's a good idea to explain the pillars of Monero but in my opinion I don't think is a good idea to display the gold, cash and bitcoin. Wouldn't it be better to show an icon with the blockchain+privacy+digital coin. Perhaps, a cool icon mixing a blockchain map(1), a lock(2) and a coin being created out of 1&2 and binary numbers fading from the coin to imply that's digital.

It's just an idea  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Wire transfer, interact transfer, visa, etc.  You can transfer fiat electronically in many ways however none of them are decentralized.

Nor private.

IMO that diagram is confusing: Fiat money can't be digital and private at the same time, it can be private only in the form of cash, which is not digital.

It works fine if you just remove the dollar bills from the "digital" circle and only put them in the "private" circle.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
That sounds like fiat.  To me cash is both the physical and private form of fiat.

Edit: Slow pony
Activity: 70
https://monerohash.com

Nor private.

legendary
Activity: 1456

nice

Wire transfer, interact transfer, visa, etc.  You can transfer fiat electronically in many ways however none of them are decentralized.

Activity: 70
https://monerohash.com

nice

legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
I don't know what CPU miner that is but with the right one you should get something like 150 from CPU alone. Try 3 threads for a start.

And which is the right one?

I use yam for the cpu
look here if want to use that pool.
https://moneropool.com/#getting_started

I dont think that gpu can give much...how much does it say?

I don't wanna change pools.
It says 70 H/s for the CPU.

Use the the yam miner- it should give better than you are getting now.  
The gpu is pretty useless for mining.
Jump to: