Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 695. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I have some  Monerocoin on cryptsy but don't have a wallet.

First to post their address will get all my XMR.

Hi,

My address is 421X2bTSVWpPP5x9R46gasBFeZL6469JdbprswsEEh7KVqZxQ1wBRGUhEjgnHG4u1aYtfGzLxom5yET QecGnXNMXTR314uU

Thanks!

DO you have a payment ID as well?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Came home checked my node and noticed that the last line said synced and it was from 11 hours prior.  So I exited and restarted and it was 646 blocks behind which = 11 hours of blocks.  It synced quickly.

The following was replied to me in IRC after I stated that exiting and restarting fixed a different issue I was having with daemon error messages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8
Activity: 3

Hi,

My address is 421X2bTSVWpPP5x9R46gasBFeZL6469JdbprswsEEh7KVqZxQ1wBRGUhEjgnHG4u1aYtfGzLxom5yET QecGnXNMXTR314uU

Thanks!
Activity: 18

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567
is there a problem with mymonero today? when i login i can't see any transaction history or balance ...

Indeed - looks like the Galera cluster is getting hammered by a DoS, which is causing deadlocks for legitimate users. I'm busy filtering it out and it should be fine within the next 10-15 minutes.

cool, thanks fluffy (for a moment I thought the worst ... cryptsy'ed)

Even if MM disappeared we still wouldn't be able to spend your coins, and you'd be able to recover them either through some other service or directly through a modified simplewallet:)
I cant spend my coin. is it fixed yet?

Which specific error do you get?

Something unexpected occurred when submitting your transaction: Invalid transaction

i have 121 confirmed coin and cant spend 50 or 100 or 120. weird.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
is there a problem with mymonero today? when i login i can't see any transaction history or balance ...

Indeed - looks like the Galera cluster is getting hammered by a DoS, which is causing deadlocks for legitimate users. I'm busy filtering it out and it should be fine within the next 10-15 minutes.

Even if MM disappeared we still wouldn't be able to spend your coins, and you'd be able to recover them either through some other service or directly through a modified simplewallet:)

Which specific error do you get?
Merit: 567

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

To follow up on this, fluffypony posted a comment regarding this on reddit:

The code to add support for MyMonero derivation to simplewallet was already written a year ago: https://github.com/warptangent/bitmonero/commit/35b1500536a98e02ea459ca6ccb42e8248de43a8

It is not in mainline simplewallet because it uses a different derivation from simplewallet, and it would be an unfair abuse of my position to add support to simplewallet just for MyMonero. However, in future we will add support for multiple derivation systems, which will include MM-style short derivations, but this is extremely low priority (since, if MM disappears, the code already exists).
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

Yes, these are obvious things to consider. But for 5 XMR... take a chance? Well, its impossible to ultimately convince you without defeating the entire purpose of the noob account, and the stupid lottery tickets have a state on them. Oh well. Internet privacy + trust is hard.

But you also need to consider that 5XMR will be a fortune one day.
Activity: 9
Every day I pick up deposit bottles and cans that people throw away.  At the place I redeem them I can buy lottery tickets which is what I do.  Alas I can't buy Monero there.  I have tickets for tomorrow's drawing.  If ever I win everyone involved with Monero will benefit.

If for some strange reason anybody wants to give me any form of currency with which to buy more tickets I will oblige.

That was my logic as well. If the pool wins, that's an insane amount of buy pressure to transform the winnings into monero. It would probably take months and months to actually execute the transformation, having the effect of driving the price up thus executing the marketing via moon approach that I read about somewhere. Perhaps this would be considered an artificial way of creating upward price movement.  I thought that putting it on i2p would also engage that community to figure out how to use monero. I also started this thing because I found out that some states publish the identities of lottery winners, which is very non-monero.

My plan is to just stick around and keep posting the scanned images of the tickets, and maybe the pool will win something, and then I'll hold to my promise of the donations and earn your trust. I am not a runner. 
legendary
Activity: 1624
Every day I pick up deposit bottles and cans that people throw away.  At the place I redeem them I can buy lottery tickets which is what I do.  Alas I can't buy Monero there.  I have tickets for tomorrow's drawing.  If ever I win everyone involved with Monero will benefit.

If for some strange reason anybody wants to give me any form of currency with which to buy more tickets I will oblige.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
^^^ nope, I'm sure if someone wins a billion on this they will send out a billion+ xmr :rolleyes:
legendary
Activity: 1260
Join a lottery pool with Monero!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13636364

Hello! I apologize for the noob account, but it ultimately felt like the right thing to do.

I have started a lottery pool service. You send me monero, I buy lottery tickets. If we win, I turn the cash into monero and send it back to you.

The primary website is lotteryconnect.i2p , and for those needing to inproxy, lotteryconnect.i2p.xyz

Enjoy!

Just a reminder that anonymous newbies asking you to send them money are usually a scam. No guarantees in any particular case, so make up your own mind.

Much better odds at monerodice.net :p

Yes, these are obvious things to consider. But for 5 XMR... take a chance? Well, its impossible to ultimately convince you without defeating the entire purpose of the noob account, and the stupid lottery tickets have a state on them. Oh well. Internet privacy + trust is hard.

Expected values in probability are relatively easier Smiley

Sweet. I was looking for something like this when the jackpot was 1.5 billion or whatever. Hopefully not a scam!
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hello. I sent to poloniex.com from the purse of xmr, I sent with mixin 0, earlier always so I sent. And mixin 6 was necessary. Transaction of not confirmed yet (https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/transaction/f9e2551e60ec55c0caca725dd07c6e23c48175398387edfc35289f369d2cea08). It will be confirmed? or what to do?

That transaction probably will not confirm because it is too large. The first 0.9 release had that problem which was fixed in 0.9.1

You should try rescan_spent which may recover the funds back to your wallet and you can send them again after upgrading to the 0.9.1 release

If that doesn't work, check back here.

Activity: 11
Hello. I sent to poloniex.com from the purse of xmr, I sent with mixin 0, earlier always so I sent. And mixin 6 was necessary. Transaction of not confirmed yet (https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/transaction/f9e2551e60ec55c0caca725dd07c6e23c48175398387edfc35289f369d2cea08). It will be confirmed? or what to do?

Hello! I apologize for the noob account, but it ultimately felt like the right thing to do.

I have started a lottery pool service. You send me monero, I buy lottery tickets. If we win, I turn the cash into monero and send it back to you.

The primary website is lotteryconnect.i2p , and for those needing to inproxy, lotteryconnect.i2p.xyz

Enjoy!

Just a reminder that anonymous newbies asking you to send them money are usually a scam. No guarantees in any particular case, so make up your own mind.

Yeah, its the lottery. Maybe when the jackpot gets ridiculous again people will be interested. Can someone let me know if the .xyz works, because it works on my end, but I have no idea. And can someone send me a mail at [email protected]? I have no idea if my i2p mail is configured properly.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

legendary
Merit: 1000

Enjoy!

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

Enjoy!

Jump to: