Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 759. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
ShapeShift.io has released our instant exchange app for Android devices! Buy or sell Monero with bitcoin and 45+ cryptos instantly on any Android device. Exchange anytime, anywhere: https://shapeshift.io/site/tools/shapeshift-mobile

Damn no iphone app?  Sad

They have an iPhone app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shapeshift-instant-crypto/id996569075?mt=8
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
ShapeShift.io has released our instant exchange app for Android devices! Buy or sell Monero with bitcoin and 45+ cryptos instantly on any Android device. Exchange anytime, anywhere: https://shapeshift.io/site/tools/shapeshift-mobile

Damn no iphone app?  Sad
Activity: 400
Merit: 263
Summary - monero   Picture/Text
Name:   monero
Activity:   53
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   April 23, 2014, 09:58:58 PM
Last Active:   October 16, 2015, 01:02:25 PM

Has the dev abandoned XMR?

AFAIK this is just a shared account for official stuff. This is an Open-Source project with many contributors.

EDIT: smoothie was quicker
legendary

No. That is just an account that the core devs use to post updates that are worth posting with concerning monero.

Fluffypony
Smooth
TacoTime

Contact them ^ if you have questions. Or just post it in this thread.
legendary
Everyone is free to make their own decisions. Ignore me if you disagree.

I think there are plenty of warnings regarding the DASH instamine and other red flags in the alt coin section already.  Some people make assumptions about coin popularity based on the length of their announcement thread (although this is often a bad assumption).  Why not keep our criticisms about DASH in the alt coin section devoted to those topics and ignore their announcement thread? I estimate that their announcement thread is at least 1 or 2 thousand pages longer than it should be because of people posting about their instamine and other problems.

I actually have doubts that the DASH community is larger than Monero but the length of their announcement thread gives that impressive. Our Reddit page for example is more active than theirs. Some of you may have noticed that r/dashpay recently decreased from 5000 readers to about 1100 (I suspect many of their fake readers were deleted). As much as the DASH community complains I think they actually like Monero supporters posting in the DASH announcement thread to make it longer. I propose we stop posting their and post in the topics already started to discuss specific topics (instamine, lack of masternode mode blinding, mining rewards, sporks etc.) instead.

Although unprofessional behaviour by other Crypto-Currency devs,  thanks for funding the promotion of DASH... We would like to thank you for keeping us top of mind on this forum. As the saying goes... There is no bad publicity!  Thanks...

Please share your thoughts.

Agreed. I'm going to stop posting about DASH already.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Everyone is free to make their own decisions. Ignore me if you disagree.

I think there are plenty of warnings regarding the DASH instamine and other red flags in the alt coin section already.  Some people make assumptions about coin popularity based on the length of their announcement thread (although this is often a bad assumption).  Why not keep our criticisms about DASH in the alt coin section devoted to those topics and ignore their announcement thread? I estimate that their announcement thread is at least 1 or 2 thousand pages longer than it should be because of people posting about their instamine and other problems.

I actually have doubts that the DASH community is larger than Monero but the length of their announcement thread gives that impression. Our Reddit page for example is more active than theirs. Some of you may have noticed that r/dashpay recently decreased from 5000 readers to about 1100 (I suspect many of their fake readers were deleted). As much as the DASH community complains I think they actually like Monero supporters posting in the DASH announcement thread to make it longer. I propose we stop posting their and post in the topics already started to discuss specific topics (instamine, lack of masternode mode blinding, mining rewards, sporks etc.) instead.

Although unprofessional behaviour by other Crypto-Currency devs,  thanks for funding the promotion of DASH... We would like to thank you for keeping us top of mind on this forum. As the saying goes... There is no bad publicity!  Thanks...

Please share your thoughts.

Is you speak Chinese please get more active on 8btc.com

https://dashtalk.org/threads/recent-news-from-china.6484/
China needs to know why Monero is the best option for privacy.
Activity: 231
To those who use http://moneroaddress.org:

When saving that page (always save as raw, or HTML only), your browser may select a default filename of "Monero offline wallet generator.html", based on the page title. If you intend to verify the signature (and you should, otherwise you are vulnerable to attacks from your ISP or your exit node), make sure you save the file as monero-wallet-generator.html, as this is the filename that gpg expects when verifying with the signature in monero-wallet-generator.html.asc. If you get any error along the lines of "failed to open file", or "no signed data", or "can't hash data file", then this is probably because the filename is wrong.

Thank you. This should be stated on the site itself.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
This surprises me, AES-NI is intel only right? Maybe I'll try my Hex star arch cpu.

No most new AMD CPUs have it as well.

Thx, have fallen behind the times. And memory doesn't work well anymore. Smiley
Activity: 201

At the time of this writing, the link to your Android app on https://shapeshift.io/site/tools/shapeshift-mobile is broken.  It points to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details, rather than a specific app.

I think you want to point to: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shapeshift.droid_shapeshift

Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
To those who use http://moneroaddress.org:

When saving that page (always save as raw, or HTML only), your browser may select a default filename of "Monero offline wallet generator.html", based on the page title. If you intend to verify the signature (and you should, otherwise you are vulnerable to attacks from your ISP or your exit node), make sure you save the file as monero-wallet-generator.html, as this is the filename that gpg expects when verifying with the signature in monero-wallet-generator.html.asc. If you get any error along the lines of "failed to open file", or "no signed data", or "can't hash data file", then this is probably because the filename is wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1276
Another update:

What's gone in since then ?

New git updates since last time:

- blockchain_export can now create files compatible with NoodleDoodle's fast sync code
- speedup for the one-time database rescan to initialize hard fork into
- database dump utility, intended to detect differences between the several blockchain formats
- a new status command in the daemon, giving more user oriented information
- and random other fixes for DB potential issues, some RPC commands not working properly
legendary
Activity: 1008

Hey guys these are your dogs??

AdamWhite

TheDasher

ICEBREAKER

YOURMOTHER

Dnaleor

smoothie

Smooth?

Please put a leash on these dog. Thank you.

I posted for you, did that help any?

You told me the fastest GPU's doing 200 H/s? .... so why does he has 500 H/s with a 290x? I guess 390's would even be faster.

Not the fastest, most power efficient. 750 ti uses ~50 W to get 250 h/s. 290x probably uses like 300 W to get 900 h/s with claymore miner I think.

I asked for the most powerfull. Not for the most efficient.

My AMD Octacore with 8MB cache pulls somewhat 310 with four threads on bitmonerod  Cheesy

My AMD Octacore does 375-385 H/s with 6 of the 8 cores running.  After testing between the Intel iCPU's and the AMD CPU's I've found that the AMD CPU out performs the Intel.  Just what I've observed in my testing with three different machines I have.  Overall I like the AMD GPU & CPU's for hashing.

This surprises me, AES-NI is intel only right? Maybe I'll try my Hex start arch cpu.

Link the miner your using please.

Nope, AMD has a license to use AES, performs well and costs a third of Intel.
I use the official bitmonerod client you can download on getmonero.org  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

oh thanks for reminding me. i need to pay them. how have they been doing? i hope they're earning their 100 xmr per post.

Where do I sign up! Tongue

you just post in the dash thread!! instant signup!

actually, olcaytu2005, if u could tabulate how much i owe these guys that would be great. Just start counting from whenever you guys figured out we were paying them.

ROTFLMFAO! He actually PM'd me for help. I think he didn't know who I was offering help too! He's been on my ignore so long I forgot when I put hm there!

You said that if you need help pm me. so i pmed you but you didnt help me Sad
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
This surprises me, AES-NI is intel only right? Maybe I'll try my Hex start arch cpu.

No most new AMD CPUs have it as well.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

oh thanks for reminding me. i need to pay them. how have they been doing? i hope they're earning their 100 xmr per post.

actually, olcaytu2005, if u could tabulate how much i owe these guys that would be great. Just start counting from whenever you guys figured out we were paying them.

ROTFLMFAO! He actually PM'd me for help. I think he didn't know who I was offering help too! He's been on my ignore so long I forgot when I put hm there!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

i want 1000 xmr for this.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

Jump to: