Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 758. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Hard to believe that a significant amount of wise money would enter into a coin based on if it has 20k or 100k posts in the thread without reading a sample of a few pages here and there to assess the quality and the issues discussed.

Dash is floating on hot money imo. But they seem pretty resilient - if they just renounced the claims of instamine being an accident, and anonymity, it might be worth to check out. As long as scamcoin label persists, it is ruled out for me.

Could not agree with you more.  Grin
Activity: 770
Merit: 504

Also, the official forum is forum.getmonero.org. Announcements and discussions are often posted there instead of here, though may also get cross posted here.

I've tried to use the official forums before and just found them unpleasant... it's hard to put my finger on it; maybe it has to do with the alignment or style of the text, or perhaps the old-school nested comment trees... not 100% sure.  I'm sure someone at one point worked very hard to put them together, so I hope no one takes it personally, but I would almost rather Monero move over to a Simple Machines Forum standard itself. 

This place catches a lot of shit, but with a few exceptions its actually very functional and pleasant to use.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Summary - monero   Picture/Text
Name:   monero
Activity:   53
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   April 23, 2014, 09:58:58 PM
Last Active:   October 16, 2015, 01:02:25 PM

Has the dev abandoned XMR?

No. That is just an account that the core devs use to post updates that are worth posting with concerning monero.

Fluffypony
Smooth
TacoTime

Contact them ^ if you have questions. Or just post it in this thread.

Confirm. The main use for that nick currently is to edit the OP when needed.

Also, the official forum is forum.getmonero.org. Announcements and discussions are often posted there instead of here, though may also get cross posted here.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
   8.      Hueristic      368      Hero Member      700   

I need a life. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Please share your thoughts.

I think your post is off-topic, and you should make a new thread for it to help keep this one on-topic.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
About a year ago I parsed a few topics on bitcointalk to see how many unique users were active and which user group they belong to. Today I did it again for this topic. Here are the results:

Monero (October 29th 2015) (1388 pages)

Thank you very much, this is very interesting  Grin Cool
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

1940 unique users is good! Also your post made me notice that i am now legendary Smiley

Gratz! There has been a massive increase in both hero and legendary members here. I'd guess this is in large part due to forum users "aging" rather than new influx of users, just notice that there has been 0 increase in full members, so there has been a lot moving up to hero Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1428
getmonero.org
I wonder about the copyrights of monero logo. Should someone create something with the logo can he put his "name" on it?

What you mean? Why someone put his name on Monero logo?

I mean his firm name if he creates something based on the logo...

"The majority of the content on this website, including the Monero logo and our Monero Missive podcast, is copyright The Monero Project. It is made available under the CC BY 3.0 license (the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license). This means that you can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, and remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. However, when doing so you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests The Monero Project endorses you or your use."

--source:  getmonero.org

Thanks Smiley

1940 unique users is good! Also your post made me notice that i am now legendary Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
About a year ago I parsed a few topics on bitcointalk to see how many unique users were active and which user group they belong to. Today I did it again for this topic. Here are the results:

Monero (October 29th 2015) (1388 pages)

RankUsers
Staff20.10%
Donator30.15%
Legendary603.09%
Hero_Member27514.18%
Sr.Member35718.40%
Full_Member36218.66%
Member31916.44%
Jr.Member21310.98%
Newbie34917.99%
Total users:1940 unique users

Let's compare with last year:

September 2014 (700p)October 2015 (1388p)Difference (+688 pages)
RankUsers
Staff10.07%
Donator10.07%
Legendary120.85%
Hero_Member563.94%
Sr.Member21014.79%
Full_Member36225.49%
Member28820.28%
Jr.Member20314.3%
Newbie28720.21%
Total users:1420
RankUsers
Staff20.10%
Donator30.15%
Legendary603.09%
Hero_Member27514.18%
Sr.Member35718.40%
Full_Member36218.66%
Member31916.44%
Jr.Member21310.98%
Newbie34917.99%
Total users:1940
RankUsers
Staff+1+100%
Donator+2+200%
Legendary+48+400%
Hero_Member+219+391.07%
Sr.Member+147+70%
Full_Member+0+0%
Member+31+10.76%
Jr.Member+10+4.92%
Newbie+62+21.60%
Total users:+520+36.61%

In addition, here is a top 30 list of the most active posters in this topic:

#      Username      Post Count      Rank      Activity   
   1.      smooth      2189      Hero Member      854   
   2.      fluffypony      839      Donator      0   
   3.      GingerAle      594      Sr. Member      350   
   4.      David Latapie      485      Hero Member      546   
   5.      Anon136      403      Legendary      1106   
   6.      dEBRUYNE      395      Sr. Member      476   
   7.      aminorex      373      Hero Member      798   
   8.      Hueristic      368      Hero Member      700   
   9.      surfer43      339      Sr. Member      364   
   10.      tacotime      323      Legendary      1470   
   11.      nioc      294      Legendary      910   
   12.      dreamspark      291      Hero Member      518   
   13.      generalizethis      286      Sr. Member      434   
   14.      eizh      286      Sr. Member      462   
   15.      binaryFate      282      Hero Member      938   
   16.      cAPSLOCK      281      Legendary      1008   
   17.      GreekBitcoin      273      Legendary      966   
   18.      5w00p      261      Hero Member      518   
   19.      equipoise      232      Hero Member      631   
   20.      superresistant      221      Hero Member      924   
   21.      iCEBREAKER      206      Legendary      1106   
   22.      Johnny Mnemonic      204      Hero Member      495   
   23.      rpietila      203      Donator      0   
   24.      jwinterm      191      Hero Member      658   
   25.      Wolf0      184      Legendary      1008   
   26.      medusa13      175      Hero Member      523   
   27.      owlcatz      172      Hero Member      560   
   28.      drawingthesun      171      Legendary      840   
   29.      Keyboard-Mash      171      Jr. Member      56   
   30.      sammy007      169      Hero Member      560   
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
Hey guys, speaking of logo, does the Monero team need a little help to improve the Monero images ?

I feel very inspired today, and full of energy and good vibes... My artist work is always loved (almost always)...
I could perhaps have succeeded to save Cloakcoin with my art, but they declined, I still don't understand why...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12820870

Maybe now it's time for me to contribute to Monero graphics, right ?  Grin
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
This means that you can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, and remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. However, when doing so you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests The Monero Project endorses you or your use."

--source:  getmonero.org

It's perfectly fine to say "The AmericanPegasus App now incorporates Monero!" and include the logo. 
It's even fine to make a game called "Monero Miner" using the symbol. 

It's not ok to say "Monero presents The AmericanPegasus App." because this implies endorsement.
Activity: 337
I wonder about the copyrights of monero logo. Should someone create something with the logo can he put his "name" on it?

"The majority of the content on this website, including the Monero logo and our Monero Missive podcast, is copyright The Monero Project. It is made available under the CC BY 3.0 license (the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license). This means that you can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, and remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. However, when doing so you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests The Monero Project endorses you or your use."

--source:  getmonero.org
legendary
getmonero.org

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

legendary
getmonero.org
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
What do you think about https://forum.bitcoin.com? They opened Altcoins subforum and there are Ripple, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin subforums for discussion. I think if we want Roger Ver will open Monero subforum too.
I like Monero discussion here but another option would be good too. They will probably get different userbase. We should tell about Monero to newbies.

I don't see anything wrong with more exposure to Monero.

Has anyone here become active on that forum yet? What do you think about it?

I'm trying to keep the monero board over there a little bit up to date, but without having any real plan behind my activity. In case that forum.bitcoin.com should ever develop some more organic activity(I highly doubt that, rogerver doesnt seem to have a real masterplan for the development) I might need another helping hand for discussions. Just keeping TOF more or less up to date however, is no big work atm Smiley

I'll check TOF at least once a day currently.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Hard to believe that a significant amount of wise money would enter into a coin based on if it has 20k or 100k posts in the thread without reading a sample of a few pages here and there to assess the quality and the issues discussed.

Dash is floating on hot money imo. But they seem pretty resilient - if they just renounced the claims of instamine being an accident, and anonymity, it might be worth to check out. As long as scamcoin label persists, it is ruled out for me.
Activity: 336
What do you think about https://forum.bitcoin.com? They opened Altcoins subforum and there are Ripple, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin subforums for discussion. I think if we want Roger Ver will open Monero subforum too.
I like Monero discussion here but another option would be good too. They will probably get different userbase. We should tell about Monero to newbies.

I don't see anything wrong with more exposure to Monero.

Has anyone here become active on that forum yet? What do you think about it?
Activity: 336
Everyone is free to make their own decisions. Ignore me if you disagree.

I think there are plenty of warnings regarding the DASH instamine and other red flags in the alt coin section already.  Some people make assumptions about coin popularity based on the length of their announcement thread (although this is often a bad assumption).  Why not keep our criticisms about DASH in the alt coin section devoted to those topics and ignore their announcement thread? I estimate that their announcement thread is at least 1 or 2 thousand pages longer than it should be because of people posting about their instamine and other problems.

I actually have doubts that the DASH community is larger than Monero but the length of their announcement thread gives that impression. Our Reddit page for example is more active than theirs. Some of you may have noticed that r/dashpay recently decreased from 5000 readers to about 1100 (I suspect many of their fake readers were deleted). As much as the DASH community complains I think they actually like Monero supporters posting in the DASH announcement thread to make it longer. I propose we stop posting their and post in the topics already started to discuss specific topics (instamine, lack of masternode mode blinding, mining rewards, sporks etc.) instead.

Although unprofessional behaviour by other Crypto-Currency devs,  thanks for funding the promotion of DASH... We would like to thank you for keeping us top of mind on this forum. As the saying goes... There is no bad publicity!  Thanks...

Agreed. I'm going to stop posting about DASH already.

Much of the volume was not just Monero posters, but DASH users quoting our posts and responding. I still wonder how many pages would disappear from the announcement thread if all Monero posters deleted all comments. 500-1000 maybe?
Activity: 400
Merit: 263
Everyone is free to make their own decisions. Ignore me if you disagree.

I think there are plenty of warnings regarding the DASH instamine and other red flags in the alt coin section already.  Some people make assumptions about coin popularity based on the length of their announcement thread (although this is often a bad assumption).  Why not keep our criticisms about DASH in the alt coin section devoted to those topics and ignore their announcement thread? I estimate that their announcement thread is at least 1 or 2 thousand pages longer than it should be because of people posting about their instamine and other problems.

I actually have doubts that the DASH community is larger than Monero but the length of their announcement thread gives that impressive. Our Reddit page for example is more active than theirs. Some of you may have noticed that r/dashpay recently decreased from 5000 readers to about 1100 (I suspect many of their fake readers were deleted). As much as the DASH community complains I think they actually like Monero supporters posting in the DASH announcement thread to make it longer. I propose we stop posting their and post in the topics already started to discuss specific topics (instamine, lack of masternode mode blinding, mining rewards, sporks etc.) instead.

Although unprofessional behaviour by other Crypto-Currency devs,  thanks for funding the promotion of DASH... We would like to thank you for keeping us top of mind on this forum. As the saying goes... There is no bad publicity!  Thanks...

I fully agree. It's getting really tiresome and embarrassing, too. Let the dash train wreck collapse on its own.
Jump to: