Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 992. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
1) Usability tests of websites

2) Usability tests of software

3) Podcat transcriptions

And yes,

4) Translations

5) Documentations

I figure that it also increases visibility outside of the cryptosphere©
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
What task are you thinking about? Translations? Documentations?
I recently (today) found out about this MTurk program that amazon facilitates, that is basically bounties for performing tasks.

Maybe the Devs could utilize this program for some tasks, and donations could fund it.

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Riddle:

Liar 1 gives Liar 2 40k USD IN CASH as an attempt at bribery, no questions asked and the process happens before Liar 2 is aware that they're going to be taking money.

Liar 2 does not agree to the bribe upon discovery of the money, and sends the money back x time later.

Liar 2 then gets reigned in by the IRS, who is aware of Liar 2's usage of USD IN CASH, because it has become standard to use everywhere, and is audited heavily.

nothing new here....
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Riddle:

Liar 1 gives Liar 2 40k XMR as an attempt at bribery, no questions asked and the process happens before Liar 2 is aware that they're going to be taking money.

Liar 2 does not agree to the bribe upon discovery of the money, and sends the money back x time later.

Liar 2 then gets reigned in by the IRS, who is aware of Liar 2's usage of Monero, because it has become standard to use everywhere, and is audited heavily.

How does Liar 2 prove that the bribe was rejected without the participation of Liar 1? Or, what steps could Liar 2 have taken to ensure that the money was received erroneously yet returned correctly to an address that is not owned by Liar 2, and will in no way lead the IRS to believe that Liar 2 is taking inexplicable sums of money for no apparent reason?

What can be done, other than immediately ceasing use of the account and submitting it for review and bribe 'extraction' by authorities?

In what type of scenario would Liar 1 be so willing to bribe Liar 2 to an account that is "public" in the sense that it's used for personal documentation purposes?

In what type of scenario would Liar 2 be willing to share this "public" address with Liar 1?

Just wondering.

Liar 2 would have some sort of trail to indicate how he got the return address (eg. an email or whatever). He could show that communication and prove his return transfer. Of course, the emails could be faked, but that is why the IRS or a court would make an assertion on that. The last piece (cryptographically proving he made a payment to X) is the easier bit.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Riddle:

I had trouble following it. If you have a specific question, please ask.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Well all seems to be good now, though if there's one tiny bit that bothers me, it's the use of referring to a general body of people that is possibly not exclusive to males as "guys" in the above post, which is inherently sexist despite how commonly it slips. Thank Doug Hofstadter for that pet peeve of mine.  

Edit: http://www.alternet.org/story/48856/why_sexist_language_matters

Aren't you a bit picky there? Smiley
I'm not a native speaker but always thought it could be applied to mixed group (men + women) when addressing people in a friendly manner?

Anyway, it's nice to see the chainradar story finishing happily!

It is commonly (though informally of course) used for people of either sex and even groups that are exclusively female.

Quote from: dictionary.com
Informal. persons of either sex; people:
Could one of you guys help me with this?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Riddle:

Liar 1 gives Liar 2 40k XMR as an attempt at bribery, no questions asked and the process happens before Liar 2 is aware that they're going to be taking money.

Liar 2 then gets reigned in by the IRS, who is aware of Liar 2's usage of Monero, because it has become standard to use everywhere, and is audited heavily.

How does Liar 2 prove that the bribe was rejected without the participation of Liar 1? Or, what steps could Liar 2 have taken to ensure that the money was received erroneously yet returned correctly to an address that is not owned by Liar 2, and will in no way lead the IRS to believe that Liar 2 is taking inexplicable sums of money for no apparent reason?

What can be done, other than immediately ceasing use of the account and submitting it for review and bribe 'extraction' by authorities?

In what type of scenario would Liar 1 be so willing to bribe Liar 2 to an account that is "public" in the sense that it's used for personal documentation purposes?

In what type of scenario would Liar 2 be willing to share this "public" address with Liar 1?

Just wondering.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Can't believe this political correctness/social justice garbage has filtered through to Bitcointalk.

Since we've fallen and we can't get up...

You ever stop to think how much the words "correctness" and "justice" are changed by the adjectives "political" and "social"?  In fact they are fundamentally changed as to have completely different meanings.
Changed to diametrically opposite meanings, I'd say.
Can't believe this political correctness/social justice garbage has filtered through to Bitcointalk.

Translation:

I am having difficulty digesting the food for thought that is served here regularly and in healthy doses, at least in some threads at some times.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
I know people don't mind, but it is an affect of our male-dominant culture that should be made aware of, or in the case of the natives, an affect of an ignorant colonist culture.

What about "it?" As in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDgS6qLsVM4

This is how I imagine BCX spends its weekends.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Since we've fallen and we can't get up...

You ever stop to think how much the words "correctness" and "justice" are changed by the adjectives "political" and "social"?  In fact they are fundamentally changed as to have completely different meanings.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
"You all", "everyone", "they" (which can be singular or plural), etc.

I know people don't mind, but it is an affect of our male-dominant culture that should be made aware of, or in the case of the natives, an affect of an ignorant colonist culture.

OK, so maybe we are drifting a bit off-topic, but:

So, "you all" (also pronounced "y'all" where I come from) is the politically correct way to refer to a group of mixed-gender persons?

Yeah why not

It might offend the solipsists.

Little do solipsists know, Socrates was the OG of solipsism Smiley

Edit: “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501

So, "you all" (also pronounced "y'all" where I come from) is the politically correct way to refer to a group of mixed-gender persons?

Yeah why not

It might offend the solipsists.
Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysical_solipsism
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
please do not burn chainradar for this mistake. yes it was abused by people to spread fud, but c'mon, who belives this shit anyway, we all know monero is secure Grin
i have nothing to do with them, but i really reckon this was just a bad coincidence at the wrong time.

Possibly so, and I know I was coming off a little half cocked... but a few of the comments pissed me off.  And I was comfortable under the circumstances with calling it out...   
legendary
Is that an answer?  

I was honestly asking.

Sorry 5w00p, I use "why not" all the time as, I don't (yet) see any significant reason as to why you should stop yourself from such, as a general life philosophy.
legendary

Yeah why not
"You all"

I know people don't mind, but it is an affect of our male-dominant culture that should be made aware of.

Jump to: