Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 991. (Read 4670673 times)

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
user@user-PC MINGW64 ~/bitmonero-master/src/build

Maybe you are on the wrong starting directory. Should that be bitmonero-master/build?

Good call. I guess I assumed the source directory was the actual src directory and not the root of the github pull. This allowed me to build but when I run the bitmonerod.exe file built, it crashes with the log pointing to:

2015-Apr-09 06:01:49.582503 ERROR C:/msys64/home/user/bitmonero-master/src/daemon/daemon.cpp:145 Uncaught exception! Failed to initialize core
2015-Apr-09 06:01:49.582503 Deinitializing rpc server...
2015-Apr-09 06:01:49.582503 Deinitializing p2p..

I don't recommend compiling from git head if you want it to be stable, we've *just* done a bunch of merges and there are known issues as well as other unexpected hiccups. You can checkout the 0.8.8.6 git tag if you want a more stable build.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

Maybe you are on the wrong starting directory. Should that be bitmonero-master/build?

Good call. I guess I assumed the source directory was the actual src directory and not the root of the github pull. This allowed me to build but when I run the bitmonerod.exe file built, it crashes with the log pointing to:

2015-Apr-09 06:01:49.582503 ERROR C:/msys64/home/user/bitmonero-master/src/daemon/daemon.cpp:145 Uncaught exception! Failed to initialize core
2015-Apr-09 06:01:49.582503 Deinitializing rpc server...
2015-Apr-09 06:01:49.582503 Deinitializing p2p..
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

donator
Looks like he was trying to do a plain make rather than a static build. Do those not work on Windows? I don't see why the include path would be affected like that. Seems odd.

Yes, but cmake can be fussy on Windows (needs the right toolchain etc.), so the Makefile targets are convenient.

Code:
ric_000@build-pc MINGW64 ~/bitmonero
$ mkdir build

ric_000@build-pc MINGW64 ~/bitmonero
$ cd build

ric_000@build-pc MINGW64 ~/bitmonero/build
$ cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -D CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../cmake/64-bit-toolchain.cmake -D MSYS2_FOLDER=c:/msys64 ..
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.9.2
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.9.2
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/msys64/home/ric_000/bitmonero/build

$ make -j4
Scanning dependencies of target version
Scanning dependencies of target lmdb
Scanning dependencies of target upnpc-static

Linking CXX executable ../../bin/simplewallet.exe
[100%] Built target simplewallet
Linking CXX executable ../../bin/bitmonerod.exe
[100%] Built target daemon

$

Seems fine?
legendary

Trying to build from source in a win7 environment but hitting a compile error:

$ make
Scanning dependencies of target crypto
[  1%] Building C object crypto/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/aesb.obj
[  3%] Building C object crypto/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/blake256.obj
[  5%] Building C object crypto/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/chacha8.obj
C:/msys64/home/user/bitmonero-master/src/crypto/chacha8.c:12:29: fatal error: common/int-util.h: No such file or directory
 #include "common/int-util.h"
                             ^
compilation terminated.
crypto/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/build.make:100: recipe for target 'crypto/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/chacha8.obj' failed
make[2]: *** [crypto/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/chacha8.obj] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:125: recipe for target 'crypto/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [crypto/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:75: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

The source was cloned directly from github and I see that int-util.h exists in src/common/. Thoughts?

I'd suggest updating (git pull) and then make clean in the source directory, followed by make release-static-win64 or make release-static-win32 (win32 is still in testing). I pushed new Makefile targets yesterday, and I pushed a fix for them earlier today, so you should be able to build out the box.

Also make sure you're in a mingw-w64 / mingw-w32 shell and not the msys2 shell:)

Looks like he was trying to do a plain make rather than a static build. Do those not work on Windows? I don't see why the include path would be affected like that. Seems odd.
legendary
Heya everyone! Onemorexmr, fluffypony and I put together something that will make it easier for everyone to buy monero (with bitcoin)!!

Fantastic work 'guys'!!!!!

Thanks gurl, lookin' so fine on yur Bitcointalkz...

Thank you, bitch!
donator

$ make
C:/msys64/home/user/bitmonero-master/src/crypto/chacha8.c:12:29: fatal error: common/int-util.h: No such file or directory
                             ^
compilation terminated.
crypto/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/build.make:100: recipe for target 'crypto/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/chacha8.obj' failed
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:125: recipe for target 'crypto/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/all' failed

The source was cloned directly from github and I see that int-util.h exists in src/common/. Thoughts?

I'd suggest updating (git pull) and then make clean in the source directory, followed by make release-static-win64 or make release-static-win32 (win32 is still in testing). I pushed new Makefile targets yesterday, and I pushed a fix for them earlier today, so you should be able to build out the box.

Also make sure you're in a mingw-w64 / mingw-w32 shell and not the msys2 shell:)
donator
Heya everyone! Onemorexmr, fluffypony and I put together something that will make it easier for everyone to buy monero (with bitcoin)!!

Thanks gurl, lookin' so fine on yur Bitcointalkz...
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

No doubt about it.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113207/coinbase-is-tracking-how-users-spend-their-bitcoins
"Coinbase has recently been demonstrating why consumer regulation is such a problem. The company seems to be tracking what their customers are buying with Bitcoin and closing any accounts involved in transactions that the company objects to."

http://www.coindesk.com/bonafide-raises-850k-build-reputation-system-bitcoin/
"Moyer, who started his career doing signals intelligence for the army and later for the NSA, used cash as an analogy for the way bitcoin is right now pretty much anonymous [but right now pretty much not at all].

He said:

“You know if I bring you a million dollars of cash there is something wrong. The reason is, you have no way of knowing where that money comes from [but you definitely do with Bitcoin :malicious grin:].”"

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
legendary
Not exactly to me, the behavior isn't consistent with the words said. If not working more part time because of funds was the case, why would atrides not simply keep donations open?

He did, and I sent a small additional donation after the initial round, but the rate had died down to the point where it was clear the original target was not going to be reached in any reasonable period of time.

If it was just a scam to raise donations, why bother with the code work (though it didn't appear to be a huge amount) in March? He's not asking for donations now, so there is no reason to keep up appearances if he didn't actually intend to do the work.

Okay I see now. I haven't had a close look at the repo but I thought its lack of work was also suspect, but managing another project would be reason enough to give him some benefit of the doubt, unless he was referring to his mining pool...

Speaking of which, a decent reason I'd imagine why he'd bother is that he still has a usable reputation with his mining pool. Why prematurely sabotage that when he can just string suckers along for no cost?

I've seen and had my fair share of burns, hence my pessimism when I see things to be weary of. Again, I always hope for the best.

Agree on all counts. Of course, he his pool is successful and he wants to protect its reputation, it would be dumb to ruin his reputation over one fundraiser.  But you never know, dumber scams have happened.

My guess, quite honestly, is that once he got into the work he found out that open bazaar was in worse shape than he realized in terms of maturity, and hard to make it work at all, much less with Monero. That would agree with everything else I've heard about the project.

He may also be a bit embarrassed about not being able to deliver, though if my suspicions as to the cause are correct, he really shouldn't be. Usually in these cases better communication is preferable even if the message is a disappointing one. But again I don't know. (Although I donated, I never bothered paying attention to the private messages to donators.)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitbay-official-bitbay-thread-smart-contracts-decentralized-markets-rolling-peg-890531

Well, BitBay just came into my awareness. I doubt it can be applied to Monero, but if their devs can do so directly, I'd suggest that those that have a stake with atrides request their coins back or if not, ask to explore this code base and see if it can be found useful.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Can't believe this political correctness/social justice garbage has filtered through to Bitcointalk.

Since we've fallen and we can't get up...

You ever stop to think how much the words "correctness" and "justice" are changed by the adjectives "political" and "social"?  In fact they are fundamentally changed as to have completely different meanings.
Changed to diametrically opposite meanings, I'd say.

Lol. Big d's just chillin, wasteland style.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
for simplicity sakes i go through the history of your executed polo orders to calculate our fee - if you use an existing account that would mean that your account starts with a negative balance

Couldn't you consider only the orders made after the user entered the API key at BuyMonero to calculate the fees on an existing account?

i did not do this, because i thought that if a user tries to use his existing account he will also continue trading with that account...and i have no way to detect that (i can make an educated guess buy manually looking into the polo-history - but i don't even store your poloniex trade history on my server)

so i see it as a way to get my users to make a new account which they dont touch.
(btw can we continue on this thread? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-buymoneronet-btc-cost-averaging-1017131). we are a little offtopic here.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
https://monerohash.com
for simplicity sakes i go through the history of your executed polo orders to calculate our fee - if you use an existing account that would mean that your account starts with a negative balance

Couldn't you consider only the orders made after the user entered the API key at BuyMonero to calculate the fees on an existing account?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

$ make
                             ^
compilation terminated.

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Awesome, thank you you three! Smiley

But I'm curious, is there a technical or safety reason why you direct us to "set up a new Poloniex account" instead of our existing ones?

well.. i answer that questions honest: it is simply not possible for me to detect trades made by me or from you (well polo api says i *should* be able to - but i dont consider 90% reliable).

for simplicity sakes i go through the history of your executed polo orders to calculate our fee - if you use an existing account that would mean that your account starts with a negative balance (on buymonero - we will never touch your polo funds! (except for the trades you want us to do)).

neither you nor we want that!

additionally if you are using the account and our bot at the same time: it always cancels all existing orders before making a new one. this would mean that your orders get cancelled once a day.

EDIT: but it is a good idea to login to that polo account from time-to-time and withdraw xmr! never keep to much on one exchange. we stop trading any account who has too much funds in it and send a warning mail.
legendary

Basically, its a bot that buys Monero on Poloniex for you - so you never have to log on to Poloniex again!

You set up a new poloniex account, deposit some BTC in poloniex, get some API keys from poloniex, put those keys into BuyMonero.net, deposit some XMR into buymonero.net, and then sit back and watch the monero roll in.

One of the reasons we put this together is because Poloniex can be somewhat of a hassle to use.

Another reason is to provide an easy way to acquire a lot of monero with minimal effort, without making the market go crazy, and at a good price.

If you have any questions, please checkout the bitcointalk thread or the getmonero forum thread.

https://forum.getmonero.org/2/economics-and-trading/258/buymonero-net-btc-cost-averaging

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-buymoneronet-btc-cost-averaging-1017131

Awesome, thank you you three! Smiley

But I'm curious, is there a technical or safety reason why you direct us to "set up a new Poloniex account" instead of our existing ones?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

Basically, its a bot that buys Monero on Poloniex for you - so you never have to log on to Poloniex again!

You set up a new poloniex account, deposit some BTC in poloniex, get some API keys from poloniex, put those keys into BuyMonero.net, deposit some XMR into buymonero.net, and then sit back and watch the monero roll in.

One of the reasons we put this together is because Poloniex can be somewhat of a hassle to use.

Another reason is to provide an easy way to acquire a lot of monero with minimal effort, without making the market go crazy, and at a good price.

If you have any questions, please checkout the bitcointalk thread or the getmonero forum thread.

https://forum.getmonero.org/2/economics-and-trading/258/buymonero-net-btc-cost-averaging

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-buymoneronet-btc-cost-averaging-1017131
Jump to: