Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation - page 6. (Read 3312350 times)

legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
August 09, 2022, 02:28:55 PM
Wow, just updated cake wallet to check out the gift card (Instant) addition and I gotta say I am IMPRESSED!

apparently you can buy the cards for the exact amount and use them at checkout.

Many places I can use Monero now and even with a discount!

Home Depot, Lowes, Autozone...Applebees...and the list goes on!

I haven't tried it yet but it sure looks like a game changer!
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127
Whimsical Pants
August 07, 2022, 05:11:27 PM
Can't wait.

So I bought my wife a Coincards Gift with Monero recently...  Man... it's hard when it keeps going up like this Wink

I really thing the "Bitcoin but private" thing is going to light up like a Cali wildfire.  It will be interesting to see how Monero scales.  I know there is a lot of hybrid Big Blocker ethos in Monero (which I am not a part of... SHOCKER!) and it will be interesting to see if it can remain highly decentralized as it moves into server class storage/connection territory.  Good thing we are making the computation better and better, that is another scaling bottleneck.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259
August 07, 2022, 04:20:34 PM
THE MONERO MOON (ISSUE 52) IS OUT NOW! It covers all the latest Monero news throughout the past week in a curated fashion. Developments, tech, events, memes, general news, speculation, etc and more!

https://www.themoneromoon.com/p/the-monero-moon-issue-52

Also, The XMR/BTC 20 week SMA has just crossed over the 100 week SMA!

The last time Monero's 20 week SMA crossed over the 100 week SMA was May 2016, sparking the beginning of the biggest bullrun XMR has ever seen!

Recent bullish behavior brings me back for a peek...  A repeat of the massive 2016 bull would be most welcome.

Respect for keeping The Monro Moon going, too

A nice bump up to wake up to this morning  Cool  Seems to be holding on.
legendary
August 07, 2022, 03:29:20 PM
I hope you will invite me to your tropical paradise.

You have a standing invite when and if we get there. Smiley

Can I be cAPSLOCK's plus one? Wink

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643
August 07, 2022, 10:22:05 AM

Can I be cAPSLOCK's plus one? Wink
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643
August 07, 2022, 10:20:31 AM
THE MONERO MOON (ISSUE 52) IS OUT NOW! It covers all the latest Monero news throughout the past week in a curated fashion. Developments, tech, events, memes, general news, speculation, etc and more!

The last time Monero's 20 week SMA crossed over the 100 week SMA was May 2016, sparking the beginning of the biggest bullrun XMR has ever seen!

Recent bullish behavior brings me back for a peek...  A repeat of the massive 2016 bull would be most welcome.

Respect for keeping The Monro Moon going, too
legendary
August 06, 2022, 03:17:34 PM
Too precious to be gambling with anything more than small amounts.

Correct, and I don't like to play unless I can see my opponent. Wink
Activity: 176
Merit: 108
August 06, 2022, 02:08:43 PM
Wanting to help with the transaction count  Cheesy, I played the monero pot raffle. And I actually won for July! lol

0.428 XMR is a couple confirmations away from being all mine! HA! Of course, it is one of the lowest payouts since this thing started but oh well.

So yeah, this is a legit fun way to "bet" roughly $2.50 or in my case 0.01596 XMR.

You guys should try it for August. https://moneropot.org/

P.S. Hey Hueristic!

I did see that but didn't have the time to check if its a scam or not.

So its legit or is it centralized and once it gets popular they will pull a chew and screw?

I guess it could one day be an exit scam or even currently a selective scam but for such a small amount it was a chance I was willing to take. But as one data point, it worked for me Smiley

I think you like to play cards. There is a monero poker event you might want to check out. https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/wc35it/monero_poker_night/

I'm not really into poker plus the fact I think monero is ready for a big bounce! Like most of us here agree, it's worth way more than its current valuation/USD amount (though I have been saying that for years now, haha.) Too precious to be gambling with anything more than small amounts.
legendary
August 04, 2022, 03:26:00 PM
Wanting to help with the transaction count  Cheesy, I played the monero pot raffle. And I actually won for July! lol

0.428 XMR is a couple confirmations away from being all mine! HA! Of course, it is one of the lowest payouts since this thing started but oh well.

So yeah, this is a legit fun way to "bet" roughly $2.50 or in my case 0.01596 XMR.

P.S. Hey Hueristic!

I did see that but didn't have the time to check if its a scam or not.

So its legit or is it centralized and once it gets popular they will pull a chew and screw?
Activity: 124
Merit: 117
Activity: 176
Merit: 108
July 31, 2022, 08:42:33 PM

P.S. Hey Hueristic!
legendary
legendary
July 30, 2022, 12:56:34 PM
Speaking of tx count, it is nice to see it growing, apparently "organically", over the course of months and months, however, at current fee rates there is only about $500 worth of XMR paid out to miners each day in fees. I think after the upcoming hardfork that number should increase by a factor of 10x (?), so it will be interesting to see if tx growth continues to build (imo indicating real organic usage) or if it falls off (which may indicate someone was paying the fees to spam the chain either for chain analysis reasons or to simulate organic usage and pump price).

Wait, what happens with the hardfork and mining fees again?

...and when?
Activity: 1873
Merit: 840
Keep what's important, and know who's your friend
July 30, 2022, 12:02:55 PM
Speaking of tx count, it is nice to see it growing, apparently "organically", over the course of months and months, however, at current fee rates there is only about $500 worth of XMR paid out to miners each day in fees. I think after the upcoming hardfork that number should increase by a factor of 10x (?), so it will be interesting to see if tx growth continues to build (imo indicating real organic usage) or if it falls off (which may indicate someone was paying the fees to spam the chain either for chain analysis reasons or to simulate organic usage and pump price).

Wait, what happens with the hardfork and mining fees again?
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
July 29, 2022, 04:36:27 PM
legendary
July 29, 2022, 08:28:00 AM

Nice spot!  I haven't looked at the weekly in forever.  That brings back some strong memories.  I have been watching the transaction count regularly for the last couple years though, and being on the cusp of 1000000 tx this month is pretty big news.

XMR        BTC
Jul 2022 (est) 996,175     7,705,017  12.93%
Activity: 124
Merit: 117
July 28, 2022, 06:56:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127
Whimsical Pants
July 27, 2022, 09:35:27 AM

You're just going to take all my corn (and cornero) at the poker table... But I will gladly come! Smiley

Another tidbit... I do not usually go "fractal..."  but have you seen the one cooking?

it's an interesting fractal, can't deny that. I'm very dubious about this break-out of 4.5 year long resistance trend-line. It's bullish, I can't deny that, but price is strolling into resistance here:

Volume point of control from past 6.5 years is 0.0076 BTC. 200 WMA is at 0.00775 BTC. While usually I'd say breaking a macro resistance trend-line this long is unconditionally bullish, it's clearly not when the 200 WMA continues to trend downwards (macro bearish) and price is entering a long-term accumulation/distribution level, even longer-term than that trend-line. 6 years worth of buyers may well appear as sellers here.

I'd argue that long-term, anything below 0.009 BTC is a very risky trade. Sure price could return to it's highs, which would be about +350% from here, but even from 0.009 this is still 300% to ATH. More likely price get's rejected from around 0.012 to 0.013 BTC imo, where there is resistance (due to being previous support). Probably by next year price will be back to it's BTC lows, or lower, with Bitcoin outperforming.

Also bear in mind the crypto sentiment. We're in a bear market, Bitcoin's market dominance is still consolidating (at the lows). Bitcoin usually recovers first (and further) prior to altcoins, even if altcoins initially rally further first, as XMR, ETH and others have been doing already. The tide remains bearish against altcoins, at least in comparison to Bitcoin. It'd be like trying to ride a wave against this tide.

Agree... I should have qualified.  That fractal post was a lark.  I would be surprised if it played out.  And there are HUGE hurdles on the XMR/BTC chart.  One interesting thing about Monero, though is it actually is doing a few things quite notable in the fundamental realm.  This article is quite interesting (and hyper bullish):

https://moneroj.net/view_article/A-deep-dive-into-Monero-metrics

The two things I find interesting are:

1.  The transaction volume.  It's organic, increasing, and a respectable percentage of Bitcoin's at this point (~20% now I think?).
2.  The chatter.  There is a strong growing sort of groundswell of Monero chatter on social media.  A little too much "maxi hate/bcash type sentiment" for my tastes... but still growing.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2177
Crypto Swap Exchange
July 26, 2022, 02:16:36 PM

You're just going to take all my corn (and cornero) at the poker table... But I will gladly come! Smiley

Another tidbit... I do not usually go "fractal..."  but have you seen the one cooking?

it's an interesting fractal, can't deny that. I'm very dubious about this break-out of 4.5 year long resistance trend-line. It's bullish, I can't deny that, but price is strolling into resistance here:

Volume point of control from past 6.5 years is 0.0076 BTC. 200 WMA is at 0.00775 BTC. While usually I'd say breaking a macro resistance trend-line this long is unconditionally bullish, it's clearly not when the 200 WMA continues to trend downwards (macro bearish) and price is entering a long-term accumulation/distribution level, even longer-term than that trend-line. 6 years worth of buyers may well appear as sellers here.

I'd argue that long-term, anything below 0.009 BTC is a very risky trade. Sure price could return to it's highs, which would be about +350% from here, but even from 0.009 this is still 300% to ATH. More likely price get's rejected from around 0.012 to 0.013 BTC imo, where there is resistance (due to being previous support). Probably by next year price will be back to it's BTC lows, or lower, with Bitcoin outperforming.

Also bear in mind the crypto sentiment. We're in a bear market, Bitcoin's market dominance is still consolidating (at the lows). Bitcoin usually recovers first (and further) prior to altcoins, even if altcoins initially rally further first, as XMR, ETH and others have been doing already. The tide remains bearish against altcoins, at least in comparison to Bitcoin. It'd be like trying to ride a wave against this tide.
Activity: 840
Merit: 6
July 25, 2022, 12:47:59 PM

Another tidbit... I do not usually go "fractal..."  but have you seen the one cooking?

I hope Monero and 0xMonero do well but that chart, that's pure hopium.
Pages:
Jump to: