Pages:
Author

Topic: XOV: creating a central bank for cryptocurrency markets - page 5. (Read 68743 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 1
It's an ocean of meaning and a wide jungle
XOV has arrived on bitcointalk.
https://www.xovercoin.com

Please support the XOV project. XOV is creating a crypto-central banking infrastructure to stabilise the crypto markets. We have support from Emin Gun Sirer.

There will be a seed funding round.

We will contribute more later.

XOV Project Team
I just think the intention of this project is to create controversy thereby trending and gaining popularity as it is doing already here on Bitcointalk forum.

Why would I want a centralized system in this revolutionary world of decentralization? I mean why should I really trust the XOV team claiming it has surrounded itself with academia of Gurus and economists who are the same set of people running down our world and plunging us into global debt and lack of trust. Infact, we don't want any system built on trust.

The  world has shifted to a trustless decentralized system, the earlier projects like XOV realize, the better for it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Many people would like to see a massive acceptance of crypto in the world. To achieve this result, companies need to know about future regulatory issues to work on compliance with the rules for their survival and development.
Activity: 308
It's always nice to see new ideas and developments in the blockchain. But I have big doubts that people will love another centralized project. Here you need to analyze the opinions and priorities of investors themselves.
Activity: 462
Personally, I'm sure that the Central Bank is not needed for crypto. This is corny does not correspond to the principle of crypto. After all, in this case, we lose the main idea of the crypto market.
Merit: 0
I should change my mind on the XOV,
Our project team will be uploaded this week. Demelza Hays is part of the research team. Some people have asked what the difference is between XRP and XOV

This is mainly my opinion, but I see XRP more of a payment system within the established banking world. XOV is putting forth a decentralized bank, allowing customers (normal people like me and you) the opportunity to deposit savings, lend, loan, and spend their OWN money. Unlike a normal bank, your funds stay within your wallet the entire time. And yes, having folks like Demelza and Dr. K are great steps forward into bringing academics to market.
Activity: 8
Good project I interested your project.
Activity: 88
The project sounds to be an interesting and something which is little unusual where community can enjoy and at the same time earn some money. the website seems to be simple yet meaningful.Hopefully this will be awesome project and the team will finds its success without any doubt.
Activity: 13
Excellent!! Good project
Activity: 42
The XOV project is creating a crypto-central banking infrastructure to stabilize the crypto markets which quite interesting and support it.
Activity: 29
Central bank gives ownership to a particular bank and it will increase documentation process. Few people want to be anonymous in crypto world and few countries also may not like this concept.
Activity: 9
So, You're saying that we need to support a centralized crypto?
I think many investors in the concurrency society will not agree with this because as we all know, We love bitcoin the way it is.
The difference between this product and xrp would be the stability in value of the token itself. Xrp has been a useful tool for banks but the price has been far from stable.

We agree! One of the perks of having a full-scale research panel is being able to look around and see what projects currently have to offer, but also to be able to look into the future and see where they will fail. The research team meets tomorrow for further discussions.
The difference between this product and xrp would be the stability in value of the token itself. Xrp has been a useful tool for banks but the price has been far from stable.
Activity: 43
If you do manage to create such a Bank, think about the world's giants who will knead it for themselves as long as they do not capture it or completely destroy it.
Activity: 14
I think its going to be big big project you all are liars,see the cocept of project then decide.
Activity: 4
good initiative very demanding and highly authenticated idea.
Activity: 98
This is just the beginning of the road, I want to wish good luck to this new project , the project came up with an interesting and necessary, technical documentation at a high level ,written in accessible language
Activity: 351
Merit: 100
Good news and interesting to always follow and disseminate. The framework for positive thinking of crypto experts to create a common balance and sustainability between the public market and cryptocurenci. Go ahead and let's make it happen together
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
Centralizing cryptocurrencies is an oxymoron - they have been created exactly so that money stops being centralized. Such a project seems to go in the wrong direction of history.

It's a decentralized bank, not centralized. I do agree it seems like an oxymoron with what we're trying to communicate but we will be attempting to control the volatility of the currency, thus functioning like a central bank in that regard alone. I think people hear the word 'bank' and they freak out, but at the end of the day, people will still need a place to store their funds and provide financial services.

People will still need a place to store their funds provided that this place is trustless. I have already had my coins stolen in 4 different exchanges over the years, which at the time looked safe. But they were not trustless. That's the problem. Will your system be trustless?

Our bank/project is currently being backed by leading economists from the London School of Economics, The Imperial College, and the University of Liechtenstein. The goal is to be the most TRUSTED place to store your funds through redundant protocols and legal paperwork upfront.

Good luck with that, but I thought the whole cryptocurrency concept was born exactly as a reaction to the 2008 banking crises which had proved that even the more trusted institution s will eventually throw you in big shit. Thus the need of trustless mechanisms.
Activity: 125
So, You're saying that we need to support a centralized crypto?
I think many investors in the cryptocurrency society will not agree with this because as we all know, We love bitcoin the way it is. (Decentralized) If a project try to centralize this, I think Bitcoin will not be the same bitcoin as we all l
Pages:
Jump to: