Pages:
Author

Topic: XOV: creating a central bank for cryptocurrency markets - page 60. (Read 68743 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
"XOV is seeking to centralize this volatile world in order for all of us to have a currency we can trust."

That's all well and good but why would anyone trust XOV?  Part of the reason cryptocurrency has so much allure is that, if it's done correctly, there is no need to trust a centralized system.

With centralization comes control and the result is a loss of liberty.

The centralization will come to help stabilize the currency. Trust will be built upon research professionals studying economics and blockchain technology. The XOV team has surrounded themselves with experts in the academic world that study cryptocurrency, the bank regulation world, the software engineering world, and legal world. They're making sure everything is done right from the start.

Why does USDT have over $2b in holdings currently? People want stability. And, the XOVnode (masternode) is going to allow anyone to gain interest on their deposits so they can feel comfortable spending their crypto for goods and services.....not feel like they always have to HOLD. That model will NOT work long term.
Activity: 96
Merit: 3
 "XOV is seeking to centralize this volatile world in order for all of us to have a currency we can trust."

That's all well and good but why would anyone trust XOV?  Part of the reason cryptocurrency has so much allure is that, if it's done correctly, there is no need to trust a centralized system.

With centralization comes control and the result is a loss of liberty.
A "central bank" for decentralized crypocurrency? This makes the joke of the day.  Grin

In order for cryptocurrency to be fully utilized, there will have to be stable prices. With a bank model, you will be able to create accounts (masternodes) that will gain interest, so you're able to SPEND your money for goods and services that people will accept. Not just all based on speculation, but based on real value. XOV is seeking to centralize this volatile world in order for all of us to have a currency we can trust.
Activity: 19
I think a fair amount of people would like to see mass adoption of crypto and actually see it spendable at merchants. For this to happen a company would need to realize stability matters and regulations are coming. The companies that survive long term will be the ones who work towards meeting those regulations.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
wow, good news .. I hope this will be true for us who are working on Bitcoin will not have a hard time withdrawing money. thank you
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
A "central bank" for decentralized crypocurrency? This makes the joke of the day.  Grin
So, You're saying that we need to support a centralized crypto?
I think many investors in the cryptocurrency society will not agree with this because as we all know, We love bitcoin the way it is. (Decentralized) If a project try to centralize this, I think Bitcoin will not be the same bitcoin as we all love it.

We might all like certain qualities of BTC, but the masses will never adopt it as is. It is too volatile for the average investor and the average merchant. If I'm am trying to build wealth and savings, I can't afford to have my portfolio to crash 75% repeatedly. Likewise, if I was selling something, I'd want to know what you paid me was going to have the same value tomorrow.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
Looks like a very interesting project. Creating a crypto bank it a little "suspicios" as crypto pretty much is trying to stay away from banks.
Activity: 420
Merit: 119
So, You're saying that we need to support a centralized crypto?
I think many investors in the cryptocurrency society will not agree with this because as we all know, We love bitcoin the way it is. (Decentralized) If a project try to centralize this, I think Bitcoin will not be the same bitcoin as we all love it.
Activity: 7
xov
copper member
Activity: 33
Merit: 1
XOV has arrived on bitcointalk.
https://www.xovercoin.com

Please support the XOV project. XOV is creating a crypto-central banking infrastructure to stabilise the crypto markets. We have support from Emin Gun Sirer.

There will be a seed funding round.

We will contribute more later.

XOV Project Team
Pages:
Jump to: