Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 2. (Read 397587 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Any decent ATI card... for 20x speedup, you'll need at least a 280x, but I would not be surprised to see additional and substantial performance gains in the future in favour of the GPU...

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
per card (20x speedup)...

That is completely meaningless. You have to specify a model.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Am I correct to say that GPU miners may be fast but they are working on primes with shorter length?
Activity: 36
Good update. Had it been released a few months ago it would have been a bomb. But difficulty is about to hit 11 and GPU miners can already produce almost 3 chains per day, per card (20x speedup)...

There is no future in CPU solo mining, I'm afraid. Undecided
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
HP14 released! This is a big release with a huge speed boost for CPU miners. Download links are in the first post.

Changes in -hp14:
 * Huge CPU mining speedup. Up to 73% higher chains/day on Intel's Haswell.
 * Developer fee is now 1% (-donationpercentage defaults to 1.0).
 * Sieve now uses the BTS instruction (same as RapidPrime miner).
 * Added compile-time support for using BMI2 instructions on Haswell.
 * Added compile-time support for SSE2 and AVX2 bitwise operations.
 * New extended sieve algorithm similar to rdebourbon's beta4 code.
 * New default values for the tuning parameters:
   . sievefilterprimes defaults to 14000 (up from 7849)
   . sievesize defaults to 1376256 (up from 917504)
   . sieveextensions defaults to 10 (up from 9)
 * Lots of other minor improvements.

Thanks Mikaelh. I will send you some tip the next time I open my XPM wallet -- blockchain getting too big.  Grin
Activity: 301
HP14 released! This is a big release with a huge speed boost for CPU miners. Download links are in the first post.

Changes in -hp14:
 * Huge CPU mining speedup. Up to 73% higher chains/day on Intel's Haswell.
 * Developer fee is now 1% (-donationpercentage defaults to 1.0).
 * Sieve now uses the BTS instruction (same as RapidPrime miner).
 * Added compile-time support for using BMI2 instructions on Haswell.
 * Added compile-time support for SSE2 and AVX2 bitwise operations.
 * New extended sieve algorithm similar to rdebourbon's beta4 code.
 * New default values for the tuning parameters:
   . sievefilterprimes defaults to 14000 (up from 7849)
   . sievesize defaults to 1376256 (up from 917504)
   . sieveextensions defaults to 10 (up from 9)
 * Lots of other minor improvements.
Activity: 1
difficulty is going up and price is going down, why?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins
sad.. page views 225k
doge page views 1.2 million  Roll Eyes

What's sad about it? You think Doge has less potential than Primecoin?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
sad.. page views 225k
doge page views 1.2 million  Roll Eyes
Activity: 546
If you want to do profitable CPU mining, my tips are:

- Have a lot of hardware ready to go, sourced as cheap as you can
- Free / leached electricity helps. By leached I mean at work or low cost tarrifs, not coathangering your power box
- If you must pay for power, use newer CPU with fab sizes not larger than 34 nm. Newer CPU are amazingly more efficient.
- Avoid buying old servers from eBay or site auctions. Yes they're extremely cheap but they'll always be disappointingly slow, inefficient, and noisy.

Lastly but most importantly, you must sink a lot of time into researching and looking for new CPU coins, which means browsing the altcoin forum daily. You have to get onto the new coins as soon as they're out as that is always where the profits lay in the long run. The time you spend doing this and tweaking mining software/hardware may not ever exceed your profits if you put a value on your time.

Unless you are lucky your efforts will probably be in vain when compared to margins from scrypt/scrypt-n/SHA-256 coins and hardware.
Activity: 518
Anyone do or have a benchmark to compare http://primegpu.com http://rapidprime.com as GPU vs CPU on Primecoin? It would be interesting to see whether it's profitable to do CPU anymore and how profitable with GPU.
I'm updating everything and fine tuning a pair of 3770 processors, using hp12.  Will see how a month of them going goes, and the electric cost.
Wondering this as well, GPU miners could spike the price though, hash rate goes up, so does coin value generally as does market cap.

Sadly seems CPU mining is quite unprofitable(Unless you have the gear already and free electricity, but then what isn't profitable at that point).  The 3770 processors(5) only hit 1 block since my last post.
I had a 4770 pointed to beeeeer and I got around .05 XPM a day, which seems about right?

Though it's hard to judge, next month could have hit a ton of blocks, but seems these CPU's will need to find a new purpose.
CPU coins become GPU, and Scrypt now belongs to ASICs.
Wonder what things will be like a year from now.

I'm still running them though for now, will update if luck changes.
Mine it when you still can!
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Anyone do or have a benchmark to compare http://primegpu.com http://rapidprime.com as GPU vs CPU on Primecoin? It would be interesting to see whether it's profitable to do CPU anymore and how profitable with GPU.
I'm updating everything and fine tuning a pair of 3770 processors, using hp12.  Will see how a month of them going goes, and the electric cost.
Wondering this as well, GPU miners could spike the price though, hash rate goes up, so does coin value generally as does market cap.

Sadly seems CPU mining is quite unprofitable(Unless you have the gear already and free electricity, but then what isn't profitable at that point).  The 3770 processors(5) only hit 1 block since my last post.
I had a 4770 pointed to beeeeer and I got around .05 XPM a day, which seems about right?

Though it's hard to judge, next month could have hit a ton of blocks, but seems these CPU's will need to find a new purpose.
CPU coins become GPU, and Scrypt now belongs to ASICs.
Wonder what things will be like a year from now.

I'm still running them though for now, will update if luck changes.
Mac OS X version will be delayed because it failed to build this time.

I fixed the OS X build and it's now available for download.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Simmer down TheSwede75...

I've always loved the term " simmer down " . Lol

yeah, me too. It's a soothing/relaxing and non-threatening/defensive term. Crisp and clear.
Activity: 70
Hmm, how well will this work with my i3?

GMP has optimized assembly for several processors. I'd expect it to give decent performance on an i3.
HP13 released! Download links are on the first page. Links point to my own server because SourceForge is being especially slow for me.

Changes:
 * Binaries compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.1g which addresses the Heartbleed vulnerability
 * Faster blockchain download
 * Bonus: Also compiled with GMP 6.0.0a

Mac OS X version will be delayed because it failed to build this time.
Activity: 56

http://www.cryptokk.com/gfx/externals/pres/logo3.png

www.cryptokk.com

An unique Exchange market,
including services for your altcoins,
we have the biggest tipbot service of the world,
on a safe and friendly platform,
we give wings to your coins, instead of giving dump,
50+ coins listed,
easy-to-use and suitable to all supports,
multi-lingual.

Official thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cryptokkcom-exchange-market-services-70-coins-last-news-04-21-507303

Is now trading

http://www.cryptokk.com/gfx/coins/xpm.png

Swap your XPM with 50+ other coins !

Activity: 84
Hi, Mikaelh.

I did a partial double spend by accident since I have installed Primecoin-Qt on two computers. Do you know how long the transaction will be in the memory pool and block my funds?

I'm working on a new release with updated OpenSSL. AFAIK, there's two ways to exploit the OpenSSL bug in the wallet:
1.) Using -rpcssl with a wallet daemon. This turns the RPC port into an SSL server which can be exploited. If the port is open to the internet, your wallet may be compromised.
2.) Opening payment protocol links which makes the wallet connect to an SSL server. If the server is malicious, your wallet may be compromised. So don't open any links starting with primecoin: .
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
please update hp12 cause it uses vulnerable to heartbleed bug openssl v1.0.1e

AFAIK it just uses the libs, so you'll be fine by upgrading openssl and restarting primecoind.
No changes required on primecoind's side (unless you have used SSL for your rpc calls)
Pages:
Jump to: