Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 39. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Thanks guys! Cheesy

I've had this cpu collecting dust for some time now...didn't have a cpu cooler till I landed the h60 I'm using.
It should pay for itself over time.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Will hp9 run as well on ubuntu 12.04 LTS as it does on ubuntu 13.04  ?
Should. I have a few of each and they run at about the same speed.

Do you think it'd be faster if I installed ubuntu desktop in my system vs Win 7 64? (I mean if I compile it myself and optimize)
I have an i7 3820...found 1 block in a day so far. Cheesy

One block a day is very good now. I would not change anything. I have run miners on a variety of different windows and linux machines and the only thing that seems to matter is if it is a 64 or 32 bit OS. 64 bit is much better.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Do you think it'd be faster if I installed ubuntu desktop in my system vs Win 7 64? (I mean if I compile it myself and optimize)

Sad to say but finally I can say this: You're bragging you lucky SOB!

I'm kinda jelly of the 3820, only if it's a K series Wink
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Will hp9 run as well on ubuntu 12.04 LTS as it does on ubuntu 13.04  ?

Thank you TheSpiral !
Activity: 322
Merit: 113
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
Activity: 476
Activity: 301
hey guys my wallet dose not update it dose not work at all no matter were i download it can some one help please i am using windows 7 64

It seems there may be issues with the seed nodes again. I'm putting up my own seed node. Try adding this to your primecoin.conf:
Code:
addnode=primeseed.muuttuja.org

Out of curiosity, how does one set up a seed node?

I simply added maxconnections=750 to the config file so that it will be able to handle plenty of connections. Beyond that you'll obviously want a static IP address and some bandwidth.

EDIT: It's not an official seed node. Those are hard-coded into the client. My seed node is more like a backup node.
Activity: 168
hey guys my wallet dose not update it dose not work at all no matter were i download it can some one help please i am using windows 7 64

It seems there may be issues with the seed nodes again. I'm putting up my own seed node. Try adding this to your primecoin.conf:
Code:

Out of curiosity, how does one set up a seed node?
Activity: 301

Code:
Activity: 252
Activity: 314
JUst started to mine XPM, but I have no idea how to set things up.  Downloaded the QT from first post, all synced up, but the only guides I can find seem to go through the command line instead of an exe or a bat/conf file.

Quick Guide! - How to mine Primecoin http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316.0;topicseen

Yeah, I've tried that guide, but there's no console window like cgminer to show me if I'm actually doing anything.  My CPU is pegged at 100% though Tongue

watch -d 'primecoind getmininginfo'
Activity: 60
JUst started to mine XPM, but I have no idea how to set things up.  Downloaded the QT from first post, all synced up, but the only guides I can find seem to go through the command line instead of an exe or a bat/conf file.

Quick Guide! - How to mine Primecoin http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316.0;topicseen

Yeah, I've tried that guide, but there's no console window like cgminer to show me if I'm actually doing anything.  My CPU is pegged at 100% though Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
We are taking these for buying Gold and Silver for a week to see if the interest is there and which coins we decide to keep up permanently

iGotSpots.com/other.html
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange

Activity: 546
JUst started to mine XPM, but I have no idea how to set things up.  Downloaded the QT from first post, all synced up, but the only guides I can find seem to go through the command line instead of an exe or a bat/conf file.

Create a shortcut to the .exe or make a new shortcut, with the target field as follows:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "runlow" /low C:\primecoin-0.1.2-hp9-winx64\primecoin-qt.exe -gen

Edit folder location as necessary.

This will launch the process with a low priority to allow your computer to run other things with their normal (default) priority without competing  for CPU with primecoin.

The -gen sets it to begin mining without needing to go into the clients console.

You could just as easily make this into a .bat if that's more appealing.

You can also add this shortcut/.bat to your windows startup folder to easily make it start with windows.
Activity: 60
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
They could launch a 51% attack and  didn't ? Hard to believe.
What would the incentive be to launch a 51% attack?? 

Is there something i am missing?  Is there a way to profit from such an attack more so then just mining the coin directly?

You are not missing anything, you are right - there is no reason to launch 51% attack except to destroy the coin, Satoshi Nakamoto proved it in bitcoin paper.

It doesn't have to destroy the coin. A 51% attacker gets to select whose/which block gets to stay on the main chain. It has many applications. Double spending is one of them.
Activity: 182
Just read in mcxnow chat that someone has a working GPU miner they coded themselves.  They claim to have earned nearly 300,000 XPM with their 25 x 7950s.  And they also claim to have sold 150,000 of that over the past few days, which would explain the dip in price recently.

Is it Luke-JR?
Activity: 77
You could, but you can make much more profit by mining and selling them. A successful 51% attack would destroy the coin and make it worthless.
Pages:
Jump to: