Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 50. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Well, block payments just dropped below 11 and difficulty passed 9.54

It's amazing how much a software update and better parameters can get you.
On that note, I'm starting to think the chains/day measurement is becoming less accurate.  Either that or I've been quite unlucky.

It seems to not be accurate for me - I haven't gotten any blocks since the 25th (other than an orphan on the 25th) on my desktop though so I feel it's hard to tell.  Then again my sister got three blocks on saturday with the same cpu... It seems like it's a rough average that was accurate when it was added but is slowly becoming less useful for judging how often you might get a block from my experiences.

I wonder if there's a way to use  stats like jhPrimeminer (ypool client) does but in this build. Basically counts how many chains per hour of different lengths. For instance, my AMD Phenom II X4 is currenlty 17 6-length chains per hour, 193 5 length/hour, and 2046 4-length/hour. There are more stats of course, but that gives you an idea. If you let it run for a day or so, it is quite accurate.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

On that note, I'm starting to think the chains/day measurement is becoming less accurate.  Either that or I've been quite unlucky.

It seems to not be accurate for me - I haven't gotten any blocks since the 25th (other than an orphan on the 25th) on my desktop though so I feel it's hard to tell.  Then again my sister got three blocks on saturday with the same cpu... It seems like it's a rough average that was accurate when it was added but is slowly becoming less useful for judging how often you might get a block from my experiences.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Getting a LOT of orphans today :/
Oh crap... hope ZAX don't read this...  He thinks he's the orphan king...

I think he changed the nickname to:  Grin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2879280
Hm, maybe the SCAM added not with "ZAX", but with "za*"  Grin

Better not make worker with Z !!! But not with T too. Just with b or r Wink
Activity: 168

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I noticed that if you start a machine where the blockchain is not up to date and where the wallet is more current, transactions show up as orphans until the blockchain is synced.

That happened once yesterday, I had just started a new vps and found a block in 30 seconds that was as you say an orphan. I went from nice surprise to being pissed in a second.
The other orphans were not from fresh install. How do I check if I'm in a fork ? I doubt this is the case as most of the blocks are plain normal.
Activity: 98

I noticed that if you start a machine where the blockchain is not up to date and where the wallet is more current, transactions show up as orphans until the blockchain is synced.
Activity: 154
Anyone mining with 16core VPS? What OS do you use and how many block can you get in 1day, 1 week?
Thanks very much.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Sorry, I don't understand what "chainspermin", "chainsperday", "primespersec" mean and why it isn't proportional ?
What is important among the 3 ?

If I got the essential ones of the last several hundred posts right, the "chainsperday" seems to be the best indicator for the speed of the miner, whereas the other two seem to be not as useful for indicating the mining speed.

Simple question simple answer. Thank you so much.
Activity: 112
Independent Analyst
Has anyone mined a block with the same address more than once?  I am community oriented, maybe someone else has an idea or a solution?

I have used keypools=10000 to start a new wallet with 10,000 addresses (which is what I thought keypools would do, similar to bitcoin)

Any idea why I am receiving a block with the same address more than once during solo mining?

That is typical if you have multiple miners sharing the same wallet. Each miner will randomly pick an address out of 10,000 keypools, and there is destined to be duplicates between miners for picking the same key at some point.
Activity: 294
Has anyone mined a block with the same address more than once?  I am community oriented, maybe someone else has an idea or a solution?

I have used keypools=10000 to start a new wallet with 10,000 addresses (which is what I thought keypools would do, similar to bitcoin)

Any idea why I am receiving a block with the same address more than once during solo mining?
Activity: 61
Oh crap... hope ZAX don't read this...  He thinks he's the orphan king...
We might have to open up an XPM Orphanage.  Tongue
Activity: 214
w00t! went back to solo mining w/HP9 and hit a block within 12 hours.

{
"blocks" : 101723,
"chainspermin" : 5,
"chainsperday" : 0.65202060,
"currentblocksize" : 2807,
"currentblocktx" : 8,
"difficulty" : 9.47157931,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 7,
"roundsievepercentage" : 70,
"primespersec" : 1212,
"pooledtx" : 8,
"sievepercentage" : 18,
"sievesize" : 600000,
"testnet" : false
}

i7 860 @3.22 Win7/64/8GB

Donation sent, thanks mikaelh!

What processor do you have?
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
Also, in case anyone is curious

24-core Opteron 6164HE 1.7GHz:
"chainspermin" : 29,
    "chainsperday" : 1.67533939,
    "primespersec" : 8389,

32-core Opteron 6274 2.2GHz:
"chainspermin" : 12,
    "chainsperday" : .71721642,
    "primespersec" : 7039,

Because 6164HE is K10 and 6274 is Bulldozer. The 1st consists of two downvolted/downclocked Phenom II X6 dies, therefore 12 FPUs per each CPU. The 2nd consists of two downvolted/downclocked FX dies, therefore 8 FPUs per each CPU. In addition, K10 delivers better performance per GHz, though Bulldozer supports AVX with FMA.
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
Oh crap... hope ZAX don't read this...  He thinks he's the orphan king...

I think he changed the nickname to:  Grin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2879280
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Oh crap... hope ZAX don't read this...  He thinks he's the orphan king...
Activity: 321
Sorry, I don't understand what "chainspermin", "chainsperday", "primespersec" mean and why it isn't proportional ?

If I got the essential ones of the last several hundred posts right, the "chainsperday" seems to be the best indicator for the speed of the miner, whereas the other two seem to be not as useful for indicating the mining speed.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000
You might want to check you're not on a fork or something.  I've not had a single orphan since day 1 (many hundreds of blocks)
Activity: 363
w00t! went back to solo mining w/HP9 and hit a block within 12 hours.

{
"blocks" : 101723,
"chainspermin" : 5,
"chainsperday" : 0.65202060,
"currentblocksize" : 2807,
"currentblocktx" : 8,
"difficulty" : 9.47157931,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 7,
"roundsievepercentage" : 70,
"primespersec" : 1212,