Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 54. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I'm running this miner on a few windows machines and each machine has it's own wallet.
Does anybody know of a solution to automatically send all rewards to one wallet?
I have seen a solution for linux but not for windows. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have at least one linux at your disposal? If so, write a little script/program to query those systems, if they mine a block, dump the privkey and import on another central node.

That's how I do it, it also saves me some transfer fees Smiley
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
I'm running this miner on a few windows machines and each machine has it's own wallet.
Does anybody know of a solution to automatically send all rewards to one wallet?
I have seen a solution for linux but not for windows. Any help would be appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
ypool might be able to 51%.

Maybe if a lot ppl quit solo or more ppl join pool, atm i see they don`t have more then ~17-20% of the network
Also as soon gpu miner come out with clean pool interface i think more pools gona open up
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Rising difficulty hasn't cut into my block output so far. I found 2 blocks today on my dual E5-2620 setup.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
CUDA is mentioned in the ypool miner's Git repo. I haven't looked at it it in much detail but a few days a go there was a link to a paper about porting GNUMP to CUDA.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Also GPU miners will make prime coin network more stable and keep it from 51% attack

I think 51% is unlikely, estimates show there are already equivalents of thousands of servers (pretty much all of DigitalOcean amiright?  Shocked) mining away. Then add all the miners using desktop CPU at home, laptops even, etc.

I think that not many (if any) persons would have the resources to pull off such an attack unless they devised an extremely efficient GPU miner that was privately released.

Any organizations looking to perform a 51% attack against primecoin would (at this time at least) need to devote huge server infrastructure to to the task. I don't think any college/universities high performance computing clusters would be up to the task (those are sometimes primarily run by 1-2 people and could lead to means of an attack). I don't think any company - even with their own datacenters - would have much interest in a primecoin attack even if they were capable, because those resources are far better used serving clients.

If you want to worry about 51% attack, I think primecoin is relatively safe. On the other hand some (all?) of the SHA-256 altcoins are in a bad place to be right now, eg. terracoin, but that was only possible because of ASIC.
Activity: 546
The increase in network diff is not necessarily because of new miners and new hardware coming onto to the network.

It could simply be that the new code optimizations and defaults in HP9 are resulting in faster block generation and the network is adapting.

It's really easy to see those amongst you who have solo mined before and are used to having large variances in # of blocks found in any time period compared to those who have probably only ever used pool mining. I think the later have some unrealistic ideas about how block probabilities work and so get all prissy when they don't find a single block in a day.

Also be mindful of the scale of the primary Y axis in the linked graph, the full scale shown is only over the range 9.18 - 9.32, you can graph pretty much any data on a small enough range and make it look more/less meaningful than it really is.
legendary
I think GPU miner is near alpha release... so keep tho coinz and don`t sell for the fishes!

HP9 is gr8 btw faund 2 blocks today with haswell i5

You think it is wise to keep them ?
I wonder what the price will be once the gpu miners are available...

Now block is 11.5 prime coins, if GPU miners punch in and diff go up like 5-8x i think one block will be like only 3-4 coins... so they will have "speed" but reward will be small

Also GPU miners will make prime coin network more stable and keep it from 51% attack
Activity: 476
I think GPU miner is near alpha release... so keep tho coinz and don`t sell for the fishes!

You think it is wise to keep them ?
I wonder what the price will be once the gpu miners are available...
Difficulty increase the past few days :

I have a graph of the past few days, difficulty. There is a link in this post. Unfornately I am not yet able to post attachments here yet.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2866774

Edit : 5 servers down - Still made 20 blocks today and got an hour left. Keeping 30 servers for the night, I'll see if I terminate more in the morning.

You seem to have dedicated quite a bit of infra to this. :-)  Today, I decided to shut down a larger machine and wait and see if the difficulty drops. (No I don't think what I run has a impact on the difficulty.)

Very nice work Lyddite !

Bookmarked. It clearly shows the sudden rise I was talking about. I wonder what caused it, difficulty was lower nicely a few days ago then booom...
legendary

Activity: 98

I have a graph of the past few days, difficulty. There is a link in this post. Unfornately I am not yet able to post attachments here yet.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2866774

Edit : 5 servers down - Still made 20 blocks today and got an hour left. Keeping 30 servers for the night, I'll see if I terminate more in the morning.

You seem to have dedicated quite a bit of infra to this. :-)  Today, I decided to shut down a larger machine and wait and see if the difficulty drops. (No I don't think what I run has a impact on the difficulty.)
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Time to mine some moar  Cool
Activity: 622
www.cryptobetfair.com
You have most competent explanation exactly four posts above yours, from the developer himself.

This one?

Assuming that the model works, it should be the best performance metric available.

When talking about chains/day?

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1007
You have most competent explanation exactly four posts above yours, from the developer himself.

This one?

Assuming that the model works, it should be the best performance metric available.

When talking about chains/day?
i'm with you, I have 16 servers each were getting over 16k primes each. I've updated to hp9 on half to see which one I have better luck with. Found 15 blocks yesterday, only 3 today.

That's just randomness. 16 blocks today (1 hour left), 6 yesterday.

30/7 21:17 =  9.25429928
31/7 22:13 =  9.21990514
01/8 18:46 =  9.20411742
01/8 21:30 =  9.20453721
02/8 21:35 =  9.20166713
03/8 14:08 =  9.21277529
04/8 22:06 =  9.31226444

Today we saw a crazy increase where I used to get around a block per hour I found one the last four hours !

I'm getting ready to cut all the servers, the fun is over !

Maybe mtlr testing his gpu miner ?

Do take note that difficulty is skyrocketing !

Haven't found a block for the last 4 hours, 40 servers running...

What sievesize you running? Roundsievepercentage?

hp9 default settings
Activity: 113
i'm with you, I have 16 servers each were getting over 16k primes each. I've updated to hp9 on half to see which one I have better luck with. Found 15 blocks yesterday, only 3 today.
Do take note that difficulty is skyrocketing !

Haven't found a block for the last 4 hours, 40 servers running...

What sievesize you running? Roundsievepercentage?
Pages:
Jump to: