Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 53. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100
I've got great stats but no coins for over 2 days  Angry

8 core : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 0 @ 2.00GHz

Code:
Stats: {
    "blocks" : 99324,
    "chainspermin" : 11,
    "chainsperday" : 0.93862504,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 9.38212335,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : true,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "roundsievepercentage" : 70,
    "primespersec" : 1915,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "sievepercentage" : 10,
    "sievesize" : 1000000,
    "testnet" : false
}

Another identical one:

8 core : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 0 @ 2.00GHz

Code:
Stats: {
    "blocks" : 99324,
    "chainspermin" : 12,
    "chainsperday" : 0.93196965,
    "difficulty" : 9.38212335,
    "primespersec" : 1901,
    "sievepercentage" : 10,
}

No blocks for 2 days running hp9.

Is there anything wrong with the above stats for this kit?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
anyone know of another pool besides ypool? or is there source to run your own p2pool for this out there?
no and no.  XPM doesn't use normal SHA or scrypt parameters, ypool created their own miner and set up the whole share system they use.  I personally think it'd be BS to use their work to build a competing pool, figure it out on your own.

oh really? I had no idea it is not sha or scrypt based........ Roll Eyes

dude get off your high horse a lot of this stuff is open source, i'm simply asking a question and looking for a fact based answer ... not looking for the opinion of the peanut gallery....

anyway i'll go mine some other coin with my machines since ypool is not very reliable...
Don't let the door hit ya
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
anyone know of another pool besides ypool? or is there source to run your own p2pool for this out there?
no and no.  XPM doesn't use normal SHA or scrypt parameters, ypool created their own miner and set up the whole share system they use.  I personally think it'd be BS to use their work to build a competing pool, figure it out on your own.

oh really? I had no idea it is not sha or scrypt based........ Roll Eyes

dude get off your high horse a lot of this stuff is open source, i'm simply asking a question and looking for a fact based answer ... not looking for the opinion of the peanut gallery....

anyway i'll go mine some other coin with my machines since ypool is not very reliable...
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
no and no.  XPM doesn't use normal SHA or scrypt parameters, ypool created their own miner and set up the whole share system they use.  I personally think it'd be BS to use their work to build a competing pool, figure it out on your own.
Activity: 820
Merit: 1000
I'm having a strange issue with HP9 on an 16 core xeon.  It's a dedicated server split into two 8-thread VPS's, each with 8GB RAM, and both of them are performing poorly...

"blocks" : 99198,
    "chainspermin" : 2,
    "chainsperday" : 0.28352104,
    "difficulty" : 9.37849414,
    "primespersec" : 647,
    "sievepercentage" : 6,

I can't get the PPS or CPM/CPD values up to anything like a decent number.  I have other similar VPS's with different providers running at 10 times these numbers.  Any ideas?

Set sievepercentage at 10.

That gives me a slight reduction in both PPS and CPD, hence why it was at 6.  It's something more fundamental than that I feel.

EDIT: CPU usage is at 800% showing all 8 cores are maxed out

Can you just wipe the system, install an OS and mine without the VPS? Or are those VPS used for something else normally Wink

Unfortunately not, limitation of the provider as it's a dedicated cloud, i.e I have a dedicated box but have to create VPS's within it.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
Activity: 182
I'm having a strange issue with HP9 on an 16 core xeon.  It's a dedicated server split into two 8-thread VPS's, each with 8GB RAM, and both of them are performing poorly...

I can't get the PPS or CPM/CPD values up to anything like a decent number.  I have other similar VPS's with different providers running at 10 times these numbers.  Any ideas?

That gives me a slight reduction in both PPS and CPD, hence why it was at 6.  It's something more fundamental than that I feel.

Can you just wipe the system, install an OS and mine without the VPS? Or are those VPS used for something else normally Wink

Activity: 109
Merit: 16
I'm having a strange issue with HP9 on an 16 core xeon.  It's a dedicated server split into two 8-thread VPS's, each with 8GB RAM, and both of them are performing poorly...

I can't get the PPS or CPM/CPD values up to anything like a decent number.  I have other similar VPS's with different providers running at 10 times these numbers.  Any ideas?

I'm having a strange issue with HP9 on an 16 core xeon.  It's a dedicated server split into two 8-thread VPS's, each with 8GB RAM, and both of them are performing poorly...

I can't get the PPS or CPM/CPD values up to anything like a decent number.  I have other similar VPS's with different providers running at 10 times these numbers.  Any ideas?
getbalance and listtransactions, some of your machines might have blocks that are not in the one wallet you are checking, since they maybe are not synced since you mined your 100th block.  Cheesy

It seems like diff is a bit skyrocketing, but I'm finding lots of blocks. I guess HP9 is da bomb? What about you guys, what are you results/findings?
How many blocks are you getting vs PPS?  

RSP 70
SP 10
CPM 350 (+-)
PPS 72K

Finding average 1 block per hour since HP9
getbalance and listtransactions, some of your machines might have blocks that are not in the one wallet you are checking, since they maybe are not synced since you mined your 100th block.  Cheesy

It seems like diff is a bit skyrocketing, but I'm finding lots of blocks. I guess HP9 is da bomb? What about you guys, what are you results/findings?
How many blocks are you getting vs PPS?  
Activity: 301
Merit: 250

I found a few with HP9 myself in the past couple of days but none of that is statistically significant. The increase in mining difficulty does seem to indicate that I got the settings right with HP9. Smiley

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
I've read that a few times, e.g. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Key_pool
Actually not sure, don't want to make you check the wallets of your 500 servers for nothing.  Tongue
Wow I'm really not understanding how this works Smiley
So I can check the wallets on each of my (not 500) machines, but what am I checking for?  How will they differ and what do I do about it?
I've read that a few times, e.g. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Key_pool
Actually not sure, don't want to make you check the wallets of your 500 servers for nothing.  Tongue
The easiest way to do this is to copy the wallet.dat from one machine to all of the others.  When one mines a block it will appear in the wallet on all machines.  I was initially using the dump/importprivkey until I realised I could clone the wallet.dat.  Just make sure the ones you are overwriting are empty before you copy the new wallet.dat over the top!
But this will only work for 100 blocks, then the wallets will "split". Unless you change the keypoolsize (search this thread Wink).
Until you've mined 100 blocks? Are you sure?  I have mined 187 blocks this way so far
The easiest way to do this is to copy the wallet.dat from one machine to all of the others.  When one mines a block it will appear in the wallet on all machines.  I was initially using the dump/importprivkey until I realised I could clone the wallet.dat.  Just make sure the ones you are overwriting are empty before you copy the new wallet.dat over the top!
But this will only work for 100 blocks, then the wallets will "split". Unless you change the keypoolsize (search this thread Wink).
I'm running this miner on a few windows machines and each machine has it's own wallet.
Does anybody know of a solution to automatically send all rewards to one wallet?
I have seen a solution for linux but not for windows. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have at least one linux at your disposal? If so, write a little script/program to query those systems, if they mine a block, dump the privkey and import on another central node.

That's how I do it, it also saves me some transfer fees Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: