Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 46. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Well, I somewhat do care, not because he has it (or can have it). But because it puts a price on 51% attack on Primecoin (which isn't THAT much) . If he can get to 8-10% by himself. Someone with malicious intent (not him) might be able to pull it off.

Or if someone like him puts everything  on ypool ...that's adding another 10% to already existing 20% ..and that's getting a little too close for comfort. But eh...bitcoin survived all that, Litecoin did ....I am sure this will too Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Ah thanks! solo VPS mining seems looks bleak to me ..unless you own 500 servers running like some dude in this thread...

I'm not sure he really has those 500 servers.... but who knows (or care).
Ah thanks! solo VPS mining seems looks bleak to me ..unless you own 500 servers running like some dude in this thread...
Activity: 248
Merit: 251
If you want to get an estimation of your block/day :
Take one minus the decimal part of the difficulty and multiply it with your chain/day.

block/day = (1 - dec(difficulty) ) * chainsperday

From your example :
    "chainsperday" : 0.28633614,
    "difficulty" : 9.68146938,
block/day = (1 - 0.68146938) * 0.28633614 = 0,091206828 = around one block every 11 days !
I did! that's how I knew about haveged  fixing entropy and how pps is not a good measurement..but obviously I have missed something. Everyone in the thread seems to have better performance than me using the hp9 Sad

I guess I will reread carefully!

Edit: Hehe, I read only the lucky ones before....missed the unlucky guys like me. I guess it was wishful thinking (subconsciously blocked out all the whining and focused on only the positive)  ...I am glad I am not the only one who has nothing! Misery loves company ......
dumbo, read the thread.
lol ...that's not encouraging  Tongue . I want to see how mined block looks like!  Sad
Okay I have been running  Digital Ocean droplets ( cloned 3 times..for a total of 4).

and this is my stat:

Code:

Stats: {
    "blocks" : 109854,
    "chainspermin" : 2,
    "chainsperday" : 0.06633148,
    "currentblocksize" : 21366,
    "currentblocktx" : 1,
    "difficulty" : 9.68092436,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : true,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "roundsievepercentage" : 30,
    "primespersec" : 495,
    "pooledtx" : 1,
    "sievepercentage" : 10,
    "sievesize" : 1000000,
    "testnet" : false
}

I set it up using gigawatt's instructions I found here ..https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xpm-noobproof-vps-primecoin-all-in-one-ez-setup-script-updated-261179

4 nodes have been running for 3 days and I found nothing! Is that normal?

Code:
Confirmed Balance:  0.00000000
Immature Balance:
Immature TX: 0
Connections: 8

And why is my chainsperday so low? I read it somewhere in this thread that chainsperday is a more accurate measurement than primespersecond.

I have updated the primecoin miner ( which I am assuming updates to hp9) using his script -> http://pastebin.com/T19PrHcf

./stop-primecoind to stop the primecoind process
 ./build-primecoin to update and rebuild primecoind
 ./start-primecoind to start your primecoind process again

and also restarted the haveged service using

Code:
service haveged restart

Anything stupid I am doing? (very much possible) if not what do I do to make this get anything! Also ....I saw people  telling about running 50 VPS on digital ocean. I thought, you could only run 5 nodes on one account - or are you guys using something else?

Edit:

I have one Linode node running as well..and my stats are ..

Code:

Stats: {
    "blocks" : 109882,
    "chainspermin" : 3,
    "chainsperday" : 0.28633614,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 9.68146938,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : true,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "roundsievepercentage" : 30,
    "primespersec" : 2067,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "sievepercentage" : 10,
    "sievesize" : 1000000,
    "testnet" : false
}

I have not got anything there either for 2 days Sad
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Hi

This is for mikaelh or anybody that can provide a decent answer..

I am trying to understand the current mining algorithm used in the miner, but, since I am a noob when it comes to C programming, I have a hard time understanding it.

mikaelh  ... did you use your own algorithm and, if so, can you please describe it or is there an article on the web available? I have searched for algorithms but found none yet that corresponds to yours. I am trying to learn C programming and thought "what the heck, might as well start here since I am interested in XRP's.

Any help would be highly appreciated........
Hi Dummy, learning c programming and being able to understand the extremely complex math behind the prime coin miner are two separate topics. I would class myself as an accomplished programmer (it's been my day job for 15 years) but I don't understand the xpm algorithm despite reading a lot about it. If your goal is to learn c, I would start with that by looking at some tutorials.

I think you are all misunderstanding me. I AM trying to learn C better. I have done the tutorials and small code. STUPID "HELLOW WORLD". etc. Why spend your time on trivial programs if you can spoend it on more worthwhile things?

The point here is ,,,, because I am a noob C programmer I find it difficult to follow the code and determine the algorthim, I am not REALLY trying to learn C, but trying to understand the algorithm so that I might, if lucky, be able to improve on it. I have searched for algorithms, especially the sieving but the multiplication factor for the sieve throws me out, The rest is basically understandable.

Gee, why do you all misread and misunderstood my request? Because it was easy to hammer on the "Learning C" part and you were all incapable to answer on the "algorithm " part?
Understanding the algorithm takes a decent understanding of the mathematics involved.  If you don't have a solid enough background you won't be able to understand the explanation.  Given my background and my overall understanding of the math involved here, I'd say a fair number of people with Bachelor's degrees in Mathematics would struggle with this algorithm.  Since the code is already written, an accomplished programmer could make tweaks to certain parts of the code to make it run faster, but I doubt many of them truly understand it fully. 
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Hi

This is for mikaelh or anybody that can provide a decent answer..

I am trying to understand the current mining algorithm used in the miner, but, since I am a noob when it comes to C programming, I have a hard time understanding it.

mikaelh  ... did you use your own algorithm and, if so, can you please describe it or is there an article on the web available? I have searched for algorithms but found none yet that corresponds to yours. I am trying to learn C programming and thought "what the heck, might as well start here since I am interested in XRP's.

Any help would be highly appreciated........
Hi Dummy, learning c programming and being able to understand the extremely complex math behind the prime coin miner are two separate topics. I would class myself as an accomplished programmer (it's been my day job for 15 years) but I don't understand the xpm algorithm despite reading a lot about it. If your goal is to learn c, I would start with that by looking at some tutorials.

I think you are all misunderstanding me. I AM trying to learn C better. I have done the tutorials and small code. STUPID "HELLOW WORLD". etc. Why spend your time on trivial programs if you can spoend it on more worthwhile things?

The point here is ,,,, because I am a noob C programmer I find it difficult to follow the code and determine the algorthim, I am not REALLY trying to learn C, but trying to understand the algorithm so that I might, if lucky, be able to improve on it. I have searched for algorithms, especially the sieving but the multiplication factor for the sieve throws me out, The rest is basically understandable.

Gee, why do you all misread and misunderstood my request? Because it was easy to hammer on the "Learning C" part and you were all incapable to answer on the "algorithm " part?

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Why my Visual Studio 12 show mw this error? I can't open the source code!
Obviously not compatible. Download older versions of VS and try again.
I though too that haveged should not affect mining and did notice a small drop in pps while it was running.
The fact is that since I stopped the service I'm finding blocks as usual.

It's 10 am here and I've already found 11 blocks, yesterday while haveged was running no blocks for 6 straight hours.

If it's variance, then it's extreme variance !

For those having problems stopping the service just remove haveged : sudo apt-get remove haveged -y
Activity: 39
regarding haveged I can confirmed it messed up my mining.
I'm chaining blocks as usual since I stopped the service.

You have been warned !

I tried service haveged stop, however when listing the status of all my services it just appears there with a plus in front of it still. How can I actually stop this?

Use the following to see if haveged is running:
Code:
ps aux | grep -v grep | grep haveged

If it is running, use the following to stop it:
Code:
service haveged stop

To remove from startup:
Code:
update-rc.d -f haveged remove

I'm still looking into if haveged affects performance.  At worst it should only leave performance unaffected, not make it worse.

Thanks for the instructions, the service wasnt stopping but removing and reboot worked!
Activity: 301
It seems that 32-bit version of hp9 is still considerably slower than 64-bit version, at least on win7 x86 and x64 respectively. The difference is like 0.26cpd vs 0.38cpd on [email protected].
 mikaelh, are you going to do something about it? Would be great.

There's not much that can be done about it. I think it comes down to modular exponentiation being faster on x64.

Also as I have said before, haveged is probably not useful for mining. I don't see why the mining process would need entropy. It shouldn't really be detrimental either except for the fact that a few CPU cycles are being wasted.
Activity: 266

You have been warned !

Thanks!, I did uninstall It and began to solve some blocks!
Activity: 7
 It seems that 32-bit version of hp9 is still considerably slower than 64-bit version, at least on win7 x86 and x64 respectively. The difference is like 0.26cpd vs 0.38cpd on [email protected].
 mikaelh, are you going to do something about it? Would be great.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

You have been warned !

I tried service haveged stop, however when listing the status of all my services it just appears there with a plus in front of it still. How can I actually stop this?

Use the following to see if haveged is running:
Code:
ps aux | grep -v grep | grep haveged

If it is running, use the following to stop it:
Code:
service haveged stop

To remove from startup:
Code:
update-rc.d -f haveged remove

I'm still looking into if haveged affects performance.  At worst it should only leave performance unaffected, not make it worse.
Activity: 39

You have been warned !

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
So when is hp10 coming out?Smiley
Activity: 675
Merit: 514
Why my Visual Studio 12 show mw this error? I can't open the source code!
I think you need VS 2012 Express for Windows Desktop
Pages:
Jump to: