Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 57. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 201
Merit: 100
No tricks. 500 8-core opteron servers running mikhaels hp8.
I simply took the best scripts from this thread and used some recommendations from members.

500!

Self funded? Or do you work in a data centre Roll Eyes ?

Self funded.
How does one even set up 500 servers?  Just that task alone to order that many sounds massive.  And at $70/month for the cheapest dedicated 8core opteron...$35,000?I must be missing something somewhere.  Can you elaborate?

You build once and clone 499 times. Pretty simple actually.

Then you put a script on each server that makes it mine automatically.

I didn't get the 35K right away, I just took some of the money I was making while mining. I starting mining with 500 Amazon EC2 instances when diff was about 8, and then took the winnings to double down on dedicated servers with opteron processors (that perform about 20x better).

So Amazon practically financed my server farm.

I see..thanks!  So you're the reason XPM fell to .60 from 1.50 Wink
Activity: 109
Merit: 16
I simply took the best scripts from this thread and used some recommendations from members.

500!

Self funded.
How does one even set up 500 servers?  Just that task alone to order that many sounds massive.  And at $70/month for the cheapest dedicated 8core opteron...$35,000?I must be missing something somewhere.  Can you elaborate?

You build once and clone 499 times. Pretty simple actually.

Then you put a script on each server that makes it mine automatically.

I didn't get the 35K right away, I just took some of the money I was making while mining. I starting mining with 500 Amazon EC2 instances when diff was about 8, and then took the winnings to double down on dedicated servers with opteron processors (that perform about 20x better).

So Amazon practically financed my server farm.
So this is the configuration that works best for me

Sieve size 1M
Sieve percentage 3
Round sieve size 45

It gives 6.2k PPS per machine on average

And about 850 5-chains/h
Activity: 201

500!

Self funded.
Well... did some tuning and now it seems that everything is running at 3M PPS.
Will post the config details after I confirm the block rate is better. So in an hour or so...
You could also use your wallet until addresses diverge or increase the keypool.

Could you elaborate on this?

primecoind --daemon --keypool=10000

I get that part.  What did you mean about the addresses diverging?  As long as each node has the exact same wallet, that shouldn't be a problem, correct?

Initially, wallets have a limit of 100 addresses. Once you generate more than 100 blocks, trouble shows up.
Activity: 168
What's the default keypool size? Is a key only "used up" when a block is found?

A key is the magic number that allows you to spend the coins at an address.  When you find a block it uses up an address/key.

But I've mined multiple blocks with the same address... so wouldn't that prove the "used up" aspect incorrect?
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
The default keypool size is 100. A key is used each time a block is solved or a transaction is incoming.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

A key is the magic number that allows you to spend the coins at an address.  When you find a block it uses up an address/key.
Activity: 434
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

I get that part.  What did you mean about the addresses diverging?  As long as each node has the exact same wallet, that shouldn't be a problem, correct?

The keypool size determines how many addresses are in the wallet.  When you share a wallet across computers, the wallets will diverge after the keypool that they have in common runs out.

Activity: 266
When mining on multiple machines you can just use the same wallet on each of them can't you? I assume in that case, any block found would show as a deposit to the wallet on all of the machines at the same time.

Yep.. there's a script to move immature blocks around to have them on a central wallet. You could also use your wallet until addresses diverge or increase the keypool.

where I can find this script?

Activity: 516
Merit: 500
Cloud you please share your primecoin.conf settings ... somehow is my 8-core Opteron processor hugely under-performing compared to my XEON quard core. :-/

Thx!

one4many

Just overclock it. Use mikhael's Linux build so the system uses the most adequate library for your processor.
Hmmm .... I get PrimesPerSEc: 5864  ... Chainspermin: 4 
Default settings .. no changes to conf file.

one4many
Does hp8 compile with only 256mb of ram ?

No. Compile in a 1 gig of ram machine and then move the compiled script to your 512mb one.

Sounds like somebody needs to make a swapfile.

This will make a 1GB swapfile so you can compile on < 512mb RAM.

Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=64M count=16
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile
Cloud you please share your primecoin.conf settings ... somehow is my 8-core Opteron processor hugely under-performing compared to my XEON quard core. :-/

Thx!

one4many

Just overclock it. Use mikhael's Linux build so the system uses the most adequate library for your processor.
Activity: 516
Merit: 500

Thx!

one4many
Does hp8 compile with only 256mb of ram ?

No. Compile in a 1 gig of ram machine and then move the compiled script to your 512mb one.
Pages:
Jump to: