Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 61. (Read 397616 times)

legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
My best profit from 1 month = 0 XPM  Grin

Being retard is not something you should be proud of
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
My best profit from 1 month = 0 XPM  Grin
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
yes, still scam for me, too...

Did I say such a thing ?
There is no scam, I used to find a block every 24h...

You really should leave this thread !

EDIT :

Yeah a block \o/
Activity: 122
It's the self-entitled noob that wants everything done for him, does not even try to read to fix what he's doing wrong, and then cries.
Please don't enable him.

After trying to help him I can attest to this.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
And yes, you are still an asshole, thanks for playing!
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
10k pps with default parameters, no block solved for the last 8 days...

85k pps with 2M sieve size (higher sieve size, lower PPS), solving anything from 2-5 blocks a day these days so yeah, if you're unlucky, no blocks.

Damn 85K. How many nodes?

I'm here on 4500 pps at the moment averaging 1 block every 5 days.

EDIT: Mikaelh, thanks for adding the HPx version number
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
HP8 crashed twice on Linux and Windows with the same error.

Code:
Assertion failed!
File: scr/checkqueue.h, Line 171
Expression pqueue->nTotal == pqueue->nIdle

Yeah, that's an old bug which is still around unfortunately. It's been there since the first official release of Primecoin. I tried to fix it once already but my attempt failed.
Maybe it's not completely fixed, but my experience since version hp7 is that it runs more stable. In fact I can not remember having a crashed program ever since. I assume it has nothing to do with the time the program is running and it's more related to chance.

If I remember correctly the issue was also partially tied to the number of cores your pc has. My 3930k (6c/12T) crashed on average after about an hour before the most recent updates (Hp7/Hp8) and sometimes as frequently as every 15-20 minutes. I have only had one crash since HP7 and that was a few hours ago. None of my other computers have had any sort of issues so far. While a luck factor might be involved it still might be related to core count. Either way it still is a minor problem now.
Activity: 182

85k pps with 2M sieve size (higher sieve size, lower PPS), solving anything from 2-5 blocks a day these days so yeah, if you're unlucky, no blocks.
Activity: 476
Activity: 321

Code:
Assertion failed!

Yeah, that's an old bug which is still around unfortunately. It's been there since the first official release of Primecoin. I tried to fix it once already but my attempt failed.
Maybe it's not completely fixed, but my experience since version hp7 is that it runs more stable. In fact I can not remember having a crashed program ever since. I assume it has nothing to do with the time the program is running and it's more related to chance. Because I run the program rarely for more than one day. The quite stable difficulty is fine to run some tests with various settings on the mainnet Wink
But from what I can say up to now: the default settings are very well. But I encountered a remarkable increase of the 5-chains rate by reducing the "sievesize" to 500k on a phenom 2 x4 955 (the 500 k output is from the last 24 hours, whereas the 1 M output is from the preceding 24 hours; 100 k, 800 k and 2 M have not been that well...):

Another investigation revealed, that the 100 k sievesize beats all other tested sievesizes. It's time to start editing  "sievepercentage" or "roundsievepercentage"

Code:
grep primemeter ~/.primecoin/debug.log.1M | awk '{s1+=$4;s2+=$6;s3+=$8} END {printf"%10s: %10d\n%10s: %10d\n%10s: %10d\n","Prime/h",s1/NR,"Tes
t/h",s2/NR,"5-Chain/h",s3/NR}'

Prime/h:    8922316
    Test/h:   72432708
 5-Chain/h:        428

grep primemeter ~/.primecoin/debug.log.100k | awk '{s1+=$4;s2+=$6;s3+=$8} END {printf"%10s: %10d\n%10s: %10d\n%10s: %10d\n","Prime/h",s1/NR,"Tes

Prime/h:   20544758
    Test/h:  188487687
 5-Chain/h:        616

grep primemeter ~/.primecoin/debug.log.500k | awk '{s1+=$4;s2+=$6;s3+=$8} END {printf"%10s: %10d\n%10s: %10d\n%10s: %10d\n","Prime/h",s1/NR,"Tes

Prime/h:   15523602
    Test/h:  132365699
 5-Chain/h:        601
I have not yet started messing around with "sievepercentage" or "roundsievepercentage".
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Code:
Assertion failed!

It's working fine for me so far. I have six machines currently running hp8 and haven't gotten any crashes yet while in hp5/6 I was getting crashes on my desktop after running the program for about an hour. As far as I can tell the problem has been fixed.

Edit: Scratch that, I just had the error just now. Still, good job fixing it, it happens much less frequently now than it did before.
Activity: 301

Code:
Assertion failed!

LZ
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072
P2P Cryptocurrency

Code:
Assertion failed!
File: src/checkqueue.h, Line 171
Activity: 168
How I can use only 2-3 from my threads, not need to use all 4 or just not need to use all 100% from my processor !

In your primecoin.conf file, add "genproclimit=N" where N is how many threads you want.  -1 means "use them all".
Oh, thanks! Hm, I try with 3 and -3 before any time and still 100%, but now with 2 it's 90% it's ok but strange, coz in pool with 3 I have 80%, with 2 I have 50% utilization and I have no other processes that to make more... But better from 100%, anyway...

If you get desperate enough, you can force the primecoin process to only have access to certain CPU cores.
Just open task manager, right click the primecoin process, then click "Set Affinity".  Select which cores you want it to run on, then hit ok.
Activity: 294
How I can use only 2-3 from my threads, not need to use all 4 or just not need to use all 100% from my processor !

In your primecoin.conf file, add "genproclimit=N" where N is how many threads you want.  -1 means "use them all".
Oh, thanks! Hm, I try with 3 and -3 before any time and still 100%, but now with 2 it's 90% it's ok but strange, coz in pool with 3 I have 80%, with 2 I have 50% utilization and I have no other processes that to make more... But better from 100%, anyway...

Still need to know what other best settings for my poor i3-2125

You can play around with it on testnet mode which will give you a faster or more accurate answer.. it is good you are asking the community though

Still need to know what other best settings for my poor i3-2125
Yes a single Opteron dual core @ 2.8 will easily outperform 2x Xeon DP (single core, HT) @ 3.6 GHz. By a factor of 2-3x. AMD CPU do more work per cycle than intel designs. I get 1600+ and 600-700 PPS respectively from these. The memory and memory subsystem is slightly faster on the AMD too, but not really by much. Both are 64 bit.

As to Tommo_Aus, you can't just paste a huge list of 'results' giving 1 result for each hardware setup. If you look at the getmininginfo it is refreshed once per minute. If you give that command again in 1 minutes time the CPM and PPS will be different.

For example CPM might go like this: 4, 4, 4, 5, 8, 1, 4, 4, 8, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 7

So if you had used getmining info when it was a low value... or a high value for that matter... you are misleading yourself.

The thing to do is take an average of MANY CPM counts (or PPS counts).

You should see my awk command, it does exactly that.
Another thing to note: no setting is "good" or "bad".  Each benchmark should be considered in relation to previous benchmarks taken under the same circumstances.  Comparing it to somebody else's hardware and setup is pointless, only compare it to your own previous tests.

Pages:
Jump to: