Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 58. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I was thinking that swap should do it.

Thx Lyddite !
Activity: 301
hi,mikaelh. Since you joined the primecoin devteam, Will this high performance version merge into the trunk?

Well, the short answer is no. I will explain some of the reasons here.

Using GNU MP is a bit cumbersome because of the licensing. GMP is licensed under LGPL while Primecoin is licensed under its own conditional version of the MIT/X11 license. That means we would be forced to include GMP as an external library via dynamic linking. That would become a maintenance burden in the future when external miners are developed.

We also want the stock miner to be a good reference miner. That means we want to keep it simple so that people can see the math behind the algorithm. That doesn't mean there won't be any more optimizations added to the stock miner. I will probably port some optimizations from my miner to the stock miner. However, the stock miner is unlikely to be fully competitive with other miners.

I'm going to keep maintaining the high performance version for as long as it stays relevant. When we have reasonable external miner options, I will eventually stop developing my high performance tree.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Does hp8 compile with only 256mb of ram ?

I noticed that at a certain point, probably when compiling main.cpp, compilation would fail due to lack of memory. The compiler was using about 600 Megs at the time believe.
The error from gcc didn't say anything about memory but dmesg showed a problem.

Code:
Out of memory: Kill process 10876 (cc1plus) score 949 or sacrifice child
Killed process 10876 (cc1plus) total-vm:615808kB, anon-rss:578368kB, file-rss:776kB

If you set up some swap space, perhaps a half a gig, hp8 should compile without problem.  I believe the extra memory is only needed for compiling main.cpp.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I'm about to start renting dedicated servers by the dozen. I think that I found n4ru's special place...

Supposing a GPU miner comes up next week, how could I monetize the servers?

Care to share your settings?

I'm using dedicated servers from server4you with hp8 and ecoinomist instrumentation scripts. I think n4ru was using ovh.co.uk servers. I suspect that he rented a couple thousand of the cheapest servers. I didn't want to manage so many servers so I went bigger. I have another script to move immatures and a central wallet. I left all the settings at their default.

This script sounds interesting. I'll have to hunt it down.
I was moving coins manually like a noob!
Activity: 476
Does hp8 compile with only 256mb of ram ?
Activity: 10
hi,mikaelh. Since you joined the primecoin devteam, Will this high performance version merge into the trunk?
Activity: 109
Merit: 16
I'm about to start renting dedicated servers by the dozen. I think that I found n4ru's special place...

I'm using dedicated servers from server4you with hp8 and ecoinomist instrumentation scripts. I think n4ru was using ovh.co.uk servers. I suspect that he rented a couple thousand of the cheapest servers. I didn't want to manage so many servers so I went bigger. I have another script to move immatures and a central wallet. I left all the settings at their default.

Activity: 51
Is there any way to test mining performance with certain parameters aside from just waiting and seeing how many blocks you get?  I don't have a server farm, so it seems impossible for me to tell if changing a setting makes anything better.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Is Primecoin pretty much cpu limited, or does memory speed play a big role as well?

My tests show that memory is not very important for primecoin. I believe its mostly CPU speed and cpu-cache that are important. However, inadvertently on most high end systems with fast processors you will also have fast RAM, especially true of gaming systems (less so on servers but they are different story because of ECC RAM).
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

When mining on multiple machines you can just use the same wallet on each of them can't you? I assume in that case, any block found would show as a deposit to the wallet on all of the machines at the same time.

Yep.. there's a script to move immature blocks around to have them on a central wallet. You could also use your wallet until addresses diverge or increase the keypool.
Activity: 434
When mining on multiple machines you can just use the same wallet on each of them can't you? I assume in that case, any block found would show as a deposit to the wallet on all of the machines at the same time.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
It's can't be my faul, coz I use recomended software from owner. So it's steal my ~200 XPM. It's all...

He or who think it's not fair, can correct this in any time with sending me any compensation here: AYt9xqb8vCDEQoL6W1hKxJmLwwQ6BvjFA6

Thanks in advance!
Damnation, I get less whine from my Uncle's cellar!  Heck, even a 2 bit whore whines less than you do.

Dude, *NOT* your fault? ROFLMAO!  You're in the High Performance thread talking about using the unmodified client!!!  How freaking dumb are you?
On top of that, I personally told you 3-4 days ago what I was using at ypool.  I've made 33xpm while you've had your thumb up your ass.
But hey, go ahead and blame the client, stupid people blame the tools all the time.
Activity: 30
No tricks. 500 8-core opteron servers running mikhaels hp8.
I simply took the best scripts from this thread and used some recommendations from members.

Do you know how much percentage of the network are you representing? 10%?

Minting about 8% of the daily XPM supply.

Aha!!!! Finally I find the reason why I'm getting so few blocks Smiley

I'm currently running a few EC2 instances but my luck is very hit and miss.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I simply took the best scripts from this thread and used some recommendations from members.

500 8core opteron?  Shocked Shocked
Not bad supply, botnets performing better I'd say.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
500 servers self funded ?!?!

such wasted resources on poor XPM..

surelly u use them for something else ? Wink Tongue

500!

Self funded? Or do you work in a data centre Roll Eyes ?

Self funded.

Started mining with Amazon EC2 and took the winnings to pay for dedicated servers. They're cheap, but since they're AMDs they perform very well for these types of tasks.

500!

Self funded? Or do you work in a data centre Roll Eyes ?

Self funded.
Activity: 434
Is Primecoin pretty much cpu limited, or does memory speed play a big role as well?
Pages:
Jump to: