Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin - page 16. (Read 102789 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Sounds like good progress.  Donated.  Smiley

Do you think any of this work can be used towards an FPGA solution?
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
good news. cheers.
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange
Alright, I have written the GPU code for the sieve. It compiles, but I haven't gotten to test it yet. I have to code the OpenCL interface first. I can't really use my existing code since all the other coins are "GPU does all the work", but the Primecoin miner is currently "CPU and GPU work together". The ultimate plan is, of course, to do everything on the GPU, but that's not gonna be the case in the first betas.

The GPU doesn't have to do everything. Cudaminer for LTC uses both CPU and GPU and works out nicely.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cudaminer-ccminer-cuda-based-mining-applications-windowslinuxmacosx-167229
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Alright, I have written the GPU code for the sieve. It compiles, but I haven't gotten to test it yet. I have to code the OpenCL interface first. I can't really use my existing code since all the other coins are "GPU does all the work", but the Primecoin miner is currently "CPU and GPU work together". The ultimate plan is, of course, to do everything on the GPU, but that's not gonna be the case in the first betas.

Thanks for the update! It's really refreshing to see this much communication when some other bitcoin merchants and individuals barely communicate at all. I know a few people that got money tied up in bitfloor back in april and they went up until about two weeks ago with no updates on when they might see their money again. You on the other hand have been giving regular updates about your work that people aren't even going to pay for when it goes live. I can't wait for this to go live just to see the results and what it means for this new growing cryptocurrency. If I had the BTC to get into the beta I would definitely donate it. With that said, when this gets out of beta I would be happy to support your work by donating the fractions of a bitcoin I have from selling my primecoins.

Gread job so far - I can't wait to see what you have when the beta is released tomorrow!
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
Thanks for the update!
Activity: 104
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
GPU MINER NEVER COMING. SELL EVERYTHING OR DIE TRYING.

wait, did I say that? The trollbox wore off on me.  Tongue
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
.. left for vacation ..  Tongue
Activity: 639
Any updates on the gpu miner good sir?

thanks.

+1 We want to know!
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
I gave this guy negative trust and suggest others do the same.

His comment history is almost entirely him posting his tips addresses for various coins. I imagine mtrlt is not the only person he has tried to impersonate.
Activity: 532
I gave this guy negative trust and suggest others do the same.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
Any updates on the gpu miner good sir?

thanks.

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
any future in this at all or is this a pipe dream?

Isn't every get rich quick a pipe dream?

2 days at most of GPU coin hoarding for all the rig ownders, then back to even fewer XPM and inflated price, subsequently we'll see dumps around 0.01 to 0.015 mark and back down to 0.007 level and stable for months.

It happened already that price jumped on to 0.015 levels and did back down to 0.007-0.008 where it's been stabilized since then.
Activity: 182

Isn't every get rich quick a pipe dream?

2 days at most of GPU coin hoarding for all the rig ownders, then back to even fewer XPM and inflated price, subsequently we'll see dumps around 0.01 to 0.015 mark and back down to 0.007 level and stable for months.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Activity: 182
I guess it's pure troll.

For once I was the troll, and not the trolled.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Can you update us on the progress Mtrlt?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I got this image on mcxNOW chatbox.
Activity: 104

This graph doesn't mean anything. I didn't make it and the beta hasn't been released yet. Someone's just being funny. Tongue
Activity: 108
1F3pakbmWsoWjsAytCBuMJCyZb1W5s3iX9
1F3pakbmWsoWjsAytCBuMJCyZb1W5s3iX9

Gotcha! Smiley

Well done!

Does this justify a scammer tag?
Pages:
Jump to: