Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin - page 19. (Read 102789 times)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 570
Twitter\X @AlexKosa1
It would be a bit weird for me to send a CPU miner when I've promised a GPU miner.
It would be a good bonus:)
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
It would be a bit weird for me to send a CPU miner when I've promised a GPU miner.
LZ
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072
P2P Cryptocurrency
Donators took the risk and expected the miner today. But you're right.
It's only your choice to release the CPU version publicly or privately.
I just thought that it would be better to give it to donators first...
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Well releasing the CPU miner to the public could hopefully lead to some more pools, right?
If you have something against it, please say so.
LZ
legendary
P2P Cryptocurrency
Okay. It's your right anyway. Roll Eyes
Would I be correct in saying that the CPU miner doesn't offer anything functionally or increased performance over say mikalh's version?
Yes, because Reaper uses the exact same code.

I would not mind to test at least the CPU version of Reaper today.
So it's a good idea to release it for donators. Can you do it today?
Why not release the CPU miner to the public? The donations were for a GPU miner, which will still be in a closed beta when it's ready.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
So it is just a minor delay nothing to worry about? How would you deal with refunds if you dont be able to build the miner?
LZ
legendary
P2P Cryptocurrency
I would not mind to test at least the CPU version of Reaper today.
So it's a good idea to release it for donators. Can you do it today?
Activity: 820
Merit: 1000
Would I be correct in saying that the CPU miner doesn't offer anything functionally or increased performance over say mikalh's version?
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
How about releasing the CPU miner to the early donaters today, and then the GPU miner when it is ready? Smiley
Okay, progress report. As I said earlier, the CPU miner works now. However, my initial plan of doing the sieve work on the CPU and the expensive primality tests on the GPU didn't work. I've come up with another plan but it will take a couple days to implement.

The plan is to do the sieving on the GPU. The sieving is still something I don't fully understand, but I'm sure I can do it by studying the code meticulously.
Activity: 639
Merit: 500
mtrlt, whether you plan to make BAMT with your miner or guide how to install it on BAMT? Because I have a few computers in my farm, most of it run on BAMT.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Sent u 1BTC  Waiting for a progress update..  Wink

ID:13ffb9c69a3c7b15a589d26f17ee62b14fcc31388b30b767fd5fab3219850ca9
mtrlt, will you be releasing the source to us (pre-release time) or just binaries?  Windows/Linux/both?  I'm guessing quite a few of us are linux so wanted to ensure that we will be able to use it.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
I just finished importing the hp7 code to Reaper, and mined the first testnet block using the CPU miner! I'm a bit behind schedule, but now I've finally started on the GPU code.

Cool, still on track for a closed beta tomorrow, or are you planning for more around the 26th or 7th?
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
Sent BTC1

Trans ID - b60ed0f55631818ca00f3047d31907b76c154dfae354b912066c1832afff875e

Thanks mtrlt
LZ
legendary
P2P Cryptocurrency
It's so cool that Reaper is based on the optimized code base. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1456
Hope it goes well!
I just finished importing the hp7 code to Reaper, and mined the first testnet block using the CPU miner! I'm a bit behind schedule, but now I've finally started on the GPU code.
thats awesome! /excited
Pages:
Jump to: