Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin - page 17. (Read 102789 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Isnt the less time (ms) , the better!?

Bidji where is the information from, is beta ready? When are we gonna get it?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Yeah, the other interesting thing about that graph is what you are comparing to.

Is that compared to hp8 or stock build or primecoin?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins

Am I reading this right: Profiling the software it barely touches GPU and spends most of it's time still on CPU?
Activity: 224

So does that mean you guys have received beta versions to test?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
LZ
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072
P2P Cryptocurrency
1F3pakbmWsoWjsAytCBuMJCyZb1W5s3iX9
1F3pakbmWsoWjsAytCBuMJCyZb1W5s3iX9

Gotcha! Smiley
Activity: 392
It's coming
Activity: 122
this is all very fishy  Undecided
No chill out for the moment  Cool

I agree, I'm not worried about the extra time it is taking. Primecoin uses a new algorithm and it will take time to figure out how to get it to run efficiently on a GPU. The original deadline was unrealistic. It's not possible to predict ahead of time how much effort it will take to code something genuinely new.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
No chill out for the moment  Cool
Activity: 196
Activity: 406
https://blockchain.info/address/1F3pakbmWsoWjsAytCBuMJCyZb1W5s3iX9

Well, at least he hasn't received much BTC. Tongue The OP should probably put a warning for this on the first post, though. THIS is the only place he's posting on. Right?
Activity: 434
Dirty scammer! Smiley
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Hey mtrlt,

I think this guy is trying to usurp your identity...
http://miner4world.blogspot.fr/search?updated-max=2013-07-20T15:00:00%2B07:00&max-results=2&start=2&by-date=false

at least the bitcoin address is different...

Sorry if this has been posted already, I didn't read the whole thread...

CJ
Activity: 490
can somebody explain to me how a primecoin mining algorithm can be partialized and distributed to core/gpu's ?
Activity: 434
@mtrlt How would you deal with refunds if you were unable to deliver a GPU miner at all?

Donation for GPU miner is a high risk, high return business.   

No risk, if you donate on the day gpu miner will be released. Which doesn't sound too good for those of us who donated early.
Activity: 552
Merit: 500
You smart guys should unite with Mtrlt for the good cause  Wink
+1

Yea he's usually on irc ch #eligius-prime working with a few others or kicking ideas around.  Developers feel free to join and maybe provide some feedback.  Please no is it done questions or you will prob get kicked
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
You smart guys should unite with Mtrlt for the good cause  Wink
Activity: 301
Then, Which task are you going to send to GPU, only the sieve?

Well, I do have some ideas how sieving could be implemented efficiently on a GPU. I'm not actively working on it though.
Activity: 217
Hi,

A GPU miner for PRimecoin implies to parallelize the 2 execution instances of BN_mod_exp(&r, &a, &e, &n, pctx). Paralleling of sieve would be an improvement, but it is not the central part , as is done in other OpenCL/CUDA primality tests where sieve is done in CPU.

So, it is indicative  when someone open a thread about parelellize a code and reports are about mingw and accesorials and anecdotical affairs with Windows building.

Well, for parallelizing  BN_mod_exp(&r, &a, &e, &n, pctx) this guy should to have rewrotten (at least) BigNum lib for OpenCL ....  

Good luck with the project and people who donated !!

Yup, if someone manages to use some level of parallelism for mod_exp on a GPU, then that will be a big thing. I'm personally still a bit doubtful whether it can be done efficiently because doing the mod operation requires division. Usually those algorithms involve unpredictable branching and that's going to slow things down on the GPU.

Then, Which task are you going to send to GPU, only the sieve?
Pages:
Jump to: