Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin, new thread :) - page 40. (Read 166578 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
VPS bills are threat to the coin's market price.
VPS and dedicated server bills are what keeps the price up atm.  Wink
inb4 but it's at .004 omgomgomg
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Bye bye VPS miners... Hopefully Smiley

Why ? are they a threat to the coin ? They made it go this far...

ps : yes I run vps

You think the potential high returns from a gpu miner isn't ?

I am not interested in this conversation any longer. cya
Activity: 476

You think the potential high returns from a gpu miner isn't ?

WOW this thing is great!  Hash rate is going up the roof though!  But It's great!  Thanks bud.

care to expand on this roof ?
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
WOW this thing is great!  Hash rate is going up the roof though!  But It's great!  Thanks bud.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Can't wait.  Grin
Activity: 644
I'm looking forward to sending the first version to donators this weekend. Let's see how it goes.

Also, thread is now unlocked. I'm sorry I haven't communicated better, I've hit a rough patch in my life, but it'll get better..

Great news about the miner!  What day will you be sending out the miner?  I assume you'll pm us with the download link.
Activity: 574
mrlt

I have sent 3 pm just asking you to confirm my donation to you

Can u now confirm that I will be getting a copy of the miner

64b9015b06c9eb7f7f5b289542d8ccc6bcbd6932f5f14083864cc47f4e97596f 1 btc

Thanks
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
How's the performance?
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Congrats on your progress, mtrlt.  I hope all the cynicism and dickery doesn't way you down too much.

Take care of yourself.

Cheers.
Activity: 35
is the GPU client working?
Activity: 56
I've hit a rough patch in my life, but it'll get better..
Same here, don't know if the worst is over. But believe every time we will become stronger.
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
"Rough patch" : When the coin is no longer worth mining and he has finished crashing the market.

http://coinmarketcap.com/xpm_30.html
Activity: 104
I'm looking forward to sending the first version to donators this weekend. Let's see how it goes.

Also, thread is now unlocked. I'm sorry I haven't communicated better, I've hit a rough patch in my life, but it'll get better..
New update!!

The GPU primality tester works now! Finally.. Testing the first, very much unoptimized version on testnet, a HD6990 seems to be about 2x as fast as a Phenom x6 1055T. On mainnet, there's still the problem of having too few candidates left after sieving, which leads to GPU underutilization.

I'll write a better update in the morning, it's 4 AM..
Activity: 75
Good luck,

So, only one or two days should be enough, no?
Yep, but I have plans for the weekend. I'll try to get as much work done as possible before that.
Thanks for the update. I know everyone here is glad to get an update for a highly anticipated project like this one. I can't wait to see the working version.
You might want to investigate this some more.  It is very true that AMD (ATI) cards blow Nvidia cards away when doing SHA-256 or scrypt processing, but primecoin uses a VERY different 'hashing' algo.  It is possible that Nvidia may process primes just as well (probably a good topic for a separate thread - any takers?)  I'm far from an expert (or even conversant) on either architecture, but until someone investigates it, it's not fair to make such a statement based on a different problem set.  

Of course, CUDA still is not cross platform, and any miner worth his salt is using AMD cards already, so that is still a valid reason for discounting CUDA.  

As far as I know, Nvidia cards are faster at floating point operations, which are not used in Primecoin mining.
Pages:
Jump to: