Pages:
Author

Topic: Yet another analyst :) - page 4. (Read 269515 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
August 01, 2013, 08:27:30 AM
Technical analysis is pretty much pointless other than for fun in such a tny market as BTC.

Still, I really don't get how you could base trading decisions on bullish or bearish counts especially in a moment like this, in which the exchange rate is tremendously distorted by the fact that is impossible to withdraw USD from Gox. MtgoxUSD only use now is to buy more BTC. Each day that passes without Gox pulling his shit together, makes mtgoxUSD to be worth less and mtgoxBTC to be worth more.

Given the amount of coins that are leaving Gox, I'm surprised the exchange rate didn't go even higher.

Didn't you just post some while ago that the whole mtgox situation is blown out of proportion, and that you had no trouble getting your (rather large) withdrawals through in a reasonable amount of time? Maybe I'm confusing things.

EDIT: apologie to lucif if this is turning into too much off-topicness for this (excellent, btw) thread.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
August 01, 2013, 06:57:18 AM
Technical analysis is pretty much pointless other than for fun in such a tny market as BTC.

Still, I really don't get how you could base trading decisions on bullish or bearish counts especially in a moment like this, in which the exchange rate is tremendously distorted by the fact that is impossible to withdraw USD from Gox. MtgoxUSD only use now is to buy more BTC. Each day that passes without Gox pulling his shit together, makes mtgoxUSD to be worth less and mtgoxBTC to be worth more.

Given the amount of coins that are leaving Gox, I'm surprised the exchange rate didn't go even higher.
Activity: 509
Merit: 564
"In Us We Trust"
July 31, 2013, 09:52:35 AM
If we break $110, I will eat my feet.

Good short position here in my opinion.

ummm, I all ready thought you said that about it crossing 100. or was that your hat?

something along the lines that bitcoin would never be in triple digits again and if it does then it CERTAINLY will NOT be anytime this year. and that you would eat your hat, or you would bet your house on it or something to that nature. maybe you should post that video of you and your feet for all those fetish freaks. but a promise is a promise so start washing and stretching Grin

You're confusing me with someone else.
"In Us We Trust"
July 31, 2013, 09:51:37 AM
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
July 31, 2013, 07:30:34 AM
Im still bullish, this thing might go up to the $130s
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Clown prophet
July 31, 2013, 04:04:16 AM
Hey, easy man. In this topic only me can fuck off someone else.
Activity: 252
a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish
July 31, 2013, 12:51:04 AM

eat that foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! both of them! stick it in your mouth and STFU!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahah
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
July 30, 2013, 07:08:56 PM

ummm, I all ready thought you said that about it crossing 100. or was that your hat?

something along the lines that bitcoin would never be in triple digits again and if it does then it CERTAINLY will NOT be anytime this year. and that you would eat your hat, or you would bet your house on it or something to that nature. maybe you should post that video of you and your feet for all those fetish freaks. but a promise is a promise so start washing and stretching Grin

I couldn't find that in his post history going back clear to April, so you are likely making shit up.  However, I did find this:
Yep, but it looks like it will take longer. A bottom by mid August seem unlikely and very optimistic.

Woops! Yes, I completely agree. Extrapolated onto the wrong chart Smiley

This puts us at a bottom around $30 in November, later this year (which I think is definitely plausible), and $100 again by next July...

Here we go (edited previous comment):

He was only off by a year Wink.
Activity: 252
a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish
July 30, 2013, 07:01:49 PM

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
July 30, 2013, 06:56:26 PM
Get your TA Wink

Watch out: Daily close above Bollinger - first bullish sign.

Watch out: Weekly close above middle Bollinger - bullish trend 95% confirmation.

I will go by count candidate #2 in that case.

Or the bear is dead...  Cry

I doubt there is such a thing as a market where the bears are dead. It is more like they go into hibernation for a while, as they did earlier this year.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
July 30, 2013, 06:51:22 PM
I think wave (2) end  is there where you have 2 of (3). So now we have only 1 of (3).

And imo here is not (1)(2)(3), but (a)(b)(c) triangle next leg.

That is certainly possible.  Only time will tell.
Clown prophet
July 30, 2013, 06:16:13 PM

I think wave (2) end  is there where you have 2 of (3). So now we have only 1 of (3).

And imo here is not (1)(2)(3), but (a)(b)(c) triangle next leg.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
July 30, 2013, 06:02:17 PM
Looks like we agree fundamentally then, my point is if Bitcoin were in a different phase it could have been perceived as dreadful news. Think opposite of Cyprus. It's always the same nonsense justifications.

I guess your signature is quite wrong.

Cheesy
Activity: 434
July 30, 2013, 05:42:22 PM
Get your TA Wink

Watch out: Weekly close above middle Bollinger - bullish trend 95% confirmation.

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
July 30, 2013, 05:33:52 PM

Haha, might want to go wash them just in case!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
July 30, 2013, 05:33:23 PM

That'll be stupid. Shorting is for when you are certain, if you short and aren't certain chance are you gonna get wiped out.
(Been there done that)
"In Us We Trust"
July 30, 2013, 05:18:50 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
July 30, 2013, 05:16:23 PM
I don't disagree with anything you said.

I'm disagreeing with the differences in news. As far as I can tell nobody really knows what the stance on Bitcoin is in Thailand, just that there aren't pre-existing laws so that it is de facto illegal. Furthermore, making something illegal does not cause the price to automatically tank as Frozenlock suggested, look at drugs as an example. When the Cyprus news hit, it was actually in major media outlets and Bitcoin got a lot of attention for its qualities, ie. avoiding confiscation in scenarios like Cyprus. I haven't seen the Thailand pseudo-news rippling like that.

I want to drone on with this but I'll stop as to not derail the thread further.
Part of this conversation, as far as I was concerned, was based around the hypothetical situation that Thailand had banned bitcoin, so what really happened is moot. FUD or news -- it all has an effect.

Re comparing bitcoin with drugs, my thoughts are contained here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2220457

But fair enough....
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
July 30, 2013, 05:07:51 PM
News are always interpreted (or discarded) in function of the current market mood.

Like Blitz said, who cared about Cyprus? They are even less then a peck in the Bitcoin world.
And yet everyone was talking about it when the market was bullish.

Idk, that's like saying citizens in Thailand already have tons of Bitcoin that they are immediately going to dump on the market. The case in Cyprus is the opposite, the citizens will be more inclined to buy. If there are hardly any users, making something illegal (and only pseudo at that) is not a big deal.
It's about how one perceives market actors will act -- not necessarily about how one perceives residents of Thailand will act.

Also, this doesn't exist in a vacuum. This "event" (or non-event as the case may be) takes place within the context of a very unclear and grey-market regulatory atmosphere, a landscape which is clearly changing.
I agree that the Cyprus scenario was blown way out of proportion at the time. However, I still believe the Cypriots/Argentinians will come around, just let it snowball a bit.
Then wouldn't you agree that the news itself doesn't matter -- only how it fits in with the context of market sentiment? Did anyone expect Cypriots to be buying bitcoins en masse?!

I don't disagree with anything you said.

I'm disagreeing with the differences in news. As far as I can tell nobody really knows what the stance on Bitcoin is in Thailand, just that there aren't pre-existing laws so that it is de facto illegal. Furthermore, making something illegal does not cause the price to automatically tank as Frozenlock suggested, look at drugs as an example. When the Cyprus news hit, it was actually in major media outlets and Bitcoin got a lot of attention for its qualities, ie. avoiding confiscation in scenarios like Cyprus. I haven't seen the Thailand pseudo-news rippling like that.

I want to drone on with this but I'll stop as to not derail the thread further.
Clown prophet
July 30, 2013, 04:59:54 PM
Get your TA Wink

Pages:
Jump to: