Pages:
Author

Topic: Yet another analyst :) - page 5. (Read 269515 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
July 30, 2013, 04:49:17 PM
Did anyone expect Cypriots to be buying bitcoins en masse?!

Of course not, their bank accounts were all frozen. The whole 'cyprus thing' was a joke.

I would extend that joke to the media-attention-because-of-cyprus-bitcoin-fear-buying-myth.

ya.ya.yo!
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068
July 30, 2013, 04:27:48 PM
Did anyone expect Cypriots to be buying bitcoins en masse?!

Of course not, their bank accounts were all frozen. The whole 'cyprus thing' was a joke.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
July 30, 2013, 04:23:53 PM
News are always interpreted (or discarded) in function of the current market mood.

Like Blitz said, who cared about Cyprus? They are even less then a peck in the Bitcoin world.
And yet everyone was talking about it when the market was bullish.

Idk, that's like saying citizens in Thailand already have tons of Bitcoin that they are immediately going to dump on the market. The case in Cyprus is the opposite, the citizens will be more inclined to buy. If there are hardly any users, making something illegal (and only pseudo at that) is not a big deal.
It's about how one perceives market actors will act -- not necessarily about how one perceives residents of Thailand will act.

Also, this doesn't exist in a vacuum. This "event" (or non-event as the case may be) takes place within the context of a very unclear and grey-market regulatory atmosphere, a landscape which is clearly changing.
I agree that the Cyprus scenario was blown way out of proportion at the time. However, I still believe the Cypriots/Argentinians will come around, just let it snowball a bit.
Then wouldn't you agree that the news itself doesn't matter -- only how it fits in with the context of market sentiment? Did anyone expect Cypriots to be buying bitcoins en masse?!
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
July 30, 2013, 04:05:00 PM
News are always interpreted (or discarded) in function of the current market mood.

Like Blitz said, who cared about Cyprus? They are even less then a peck in the Bitcoin world.

Idk, that's like saying citizens in Thailand already have tons of Bitcoin that they are immediately going to dump on the market. The case in Cyprus is the opposite, the citizens will be more inclined to buy. If there are hardly any users, making something illegal (and only pseudo at that) is not a big deal.

I agree that the Cyprus scenario was blown way out of proportion at the time. However, I still believe the Cypriots/Argentinians will come around, just let it snowball a bit. These situations are the killer app for Bitcoin. This is assuming Gox doesn't explode in the near future.

I guess Thailand can ban the Internet in the interim.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
July 30, 2013, 03:46:36 PM
He's right. It's only perception of news that counts, not the news itself, and that can vary depending on what kind of price environment we are in.

He's got an opinion, that doesn't make it right, or even close. Seriously, who cares about Thailand making something illegal? They are a speck in the Bitcoin world.

I viewed the FINCEN event as a bad news... but in a bullish market, that's good news.

Edit: By the way, that's a good insight into the current market sentiment...
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
July 30, 2013, 03:24:00 PM
Looks like we agree fundamentally then, my point is if Bitcoin were in a different phase it could have been perceived as dreadful news. Think opposite of Cyprus. It's always the same nonsense justifications.
July 30, 2013, 03:04:31 PM
He's right. It's only perception of news that counts, not the news itself, and that can vary depending on what kind of price environment we are in.

He's got an opinion, that doesn't make it right, or even close. Seriously, who cares about Thailand making something illegal? They are a speck in the Bitcoin world.

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
July 30, 2013, 02:53:45 PM
Yet another proof that price doesn't care about news.

No I think it's just that nobody cares about Thailand

LOL for real. If that's what Frozenlock meant, well, I have no words.
July 30, 2013, 02:47:37 PM

LOL for real. If that's what Frozenlock meant, well, I have no words.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
July 30, 2013, 02:41:59 PM

Activity: 434
July 29, 2013, 02:27:06 PM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
July 29, 2013, 02:23:45 PM
That is FUD, apparently.
I suggest reading the whole thread here.

Even if it were true... they could just bribe the right people and continue... Wink

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
July 29, 2013, 01:02:06 PM
That is FUD, apparently.
I suggest reading the whole thread here.
Activity: 462
Clown prophet
Clown prophet
July 29, 2013, 11:07:57 AM
Walls are just consequence, not cause. So they don't affect price changes.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
July 29, 2013, 11:07:40 AM
TA basics does not have such term as "bid/ask wall" at all. Support and resistance are: trend lines, moving averages, bollinger borders, price retracements, etc.

so what is the answer?  ???

That lucif takes a "fucking forget the order book" approach to TA :P
Activity: 252
July 29, 2013, 10:41:45 AM
TA basics does not have such term as "bid/ask wall" at all. Support and resistance are: trend lines, moving averages, bollinger borders, price retracements, etc.

so what is the answer?  Huh
July 29, 2013, 10:36:46 AM
^ Haha.
Clown prophet
July 29, 2013, 10:34:32 AM
Activity: 252
July 29, 2013, 10:32:12 AM
So you think if the 4k wall @100 disappeared it would not affect price action? Disappeared, not sold into.
They never act as price support or resistance.

So your answer is that it would have no effect? I'm not being mean, just trying to understand your point of view.
Pages:
Jump to: