Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 1% fee solo mining USA/DE 251 blocks solved! - page 480. (Read 1514087 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
I won't continue, since there are a number of threads dedicated to explaining payout schemes, but I will conclude with this: nobody is going to create a pool that rewards the full 25BTC to the miner who finds the block, and also rewards every other miner for the work they've done.
i appreciate your time in explaining and will do some digging to satisfy my ignorance, suffice to say, the crux of my ignorance seems to lie squarely in the manner in which a pool dishes out work. So I have a clean session of google to embark on my research. thanks again for the time.
Let me give you a scenario.  I go and create this type of pool, and have 2 miners connected to it.  After a while the first block is found by miner 1.  Both miners have been submitting work equally.  I have 25BTC to give out.  Who gets it?  If I pay miner 1 the full 25BTC for finding the block, I don't have anything left to pay miner 2.  If I pay both miner 1 and miner 2 for the work they've done, I don't have the 25BTC to give to miner 1 for finding the block.  Make sense?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I won't continue, since there are a number of threads dedicated to explaining payout schemes, but I will conclude with this: nobody is going to create a pool that rewards the full 25BTC to the miner who finds the block, and also rewards every other miner for the work they've done.
i appreciate your time in explaining and will do some digging to satisfy my ignorance, suffice to say, the crux of my ignorance seems to lie squarely in the manner in which a pool dishes out work. So I have a clean session of google to embark on my research. thanks again for the time.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
I think you got closest to what I was asking, but not quite.
I did not mean to ask "if work can be submitted twice" as you say.
When mining directly / solo mining, I assume you still get rewarded for solving part of the chain, however, most solo mining nodes (including this one) do not relay those minute rewards (if any), only IF you solve the entire block. So that was the crust of my question, can a solo mining pool be set up whereby rather than (realistically) mining for nothing short of hitting the jackpot, the mining can be rewarded however lowly?

Thanks for explaining, and I am sure I am missing something that is obvious to yourself (but ofcourse very foreign to me!).
Glad to help.  What you're now asking is exactly how your typical pools work.  Depending on the payout strategy (PPS, PPLNS, etc), the pool determines how much to reward each miner for their contributions.  In the case of this pool, the pool rewards the miner who solved the block with the entire 25BTC.  It cannot also reward all the other miners for their contributions (because there isn't any more leftover in the block reward).

P2Pool rewards miners who have shares on the share chain.  It also rewards the miner who found the block with a 0.5% reward (so, 99.5% of the block reward goes to everybody else who has a share on the chain, and 0.5% goes to the miner who found the block).

Strict pay-per-share pools pay miners for every share they submit.  In other words, if you look at the difficulty, right now you would expect 27428630902 difficulty 1 shares to find a block.  So, let's say the block takes half of that many shares to solve.  The pool pays out 12.5BTC to the miners and keeps 12.5BTC for itself.  Now, if the next block takes 1.5 times as long as expected to solve, then the pool must payout 37.5BTC to the miners.

In a normal pool, when a block is found, the reward for that block is distributed to all the users who contributed work to the pool.

When solo mining, the solo miner takes the whole block reward for himself.

You cannot simultaneously give all 25 BTC to the miner that found it AND divide it up among everyone who is hashing on the pool.

I am sure the questionis being lost here, unless I am mistaken and your response is not intended for me.
My query was to the contrary, i.e a pool in which if a person found the block, then he'd get the reward (not share it), but for the blocks won by the pool shared throughout, aka a pool that offers solo mining in and pool mining.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041
When mining directly / solo mining, I assume you still get rewarded for solving part of the chain, however, most solo mining nodes (including this one) do not relay those minute rewards (if any), only IF you solve the entire block. So that was the crust of my question, can a solo mining pool be set up whereby rather than (realistically) mining for nothing short of hitting the jackpot, the mining can be rewarded however lowly?

Thanks for explaining, and I am sure I am missing something that is obvious to yourself (but ofcourse very foreign to me!).

In a normal pool, when a block is found, the reward for that block is distributed to all the users who contributed work to the pool.

When solo mining, the solo miner takes the whole block reward for himself.

You cannot simultaneously give all 25 BTC to the miner that found it AND divide it up among everyone who is hashing on the pool.

You're asking if work can be submitted twice.  It can't.  Think about it.  If something like this could be implemented, then I could take my hashing power and multiply it by connecting to multiple pools.  So, in pool 1, I have 1TH/s, and pool 2 I have that same 1TH/s, and in pool N I have my 1TH/s, effectively giving me N TH/s mining, when I only have a single terra hash of hardware.  So, to answer your question, no, that kind of pool is not technically feasible to implement. 

P2Pool does nothing of the sort.  P2Pool has its own block chain called the share chain.  Each share that is added to the chain either solves the BTC block or it does not.  If it does, the generation transaction includes the payouts to all the miners who have shares on the chain.  If it does not solve the block, it is just added to the share chain.

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
BTW does anybody knows how maby block was found so far by solo.ckpool?
Like it has been mentioned, the discarded number is due to the S3's high queue (I think it is 1046), but I am meant to believe does NOT affect your mining. you can change this to a lower number to get less discards.
This particular solo pool, I have noticed, takes a while to "settle" down to your appropriate hashing speed to assign a relevant Diff, so a few minutes is not long enough to reach conclusions.

OK, I will wait and check the stats after few hours ..
Hi
 can someone help with this?
 I have pointed 4 of my Ants S3 to solo pool and get lot of discarted shares.
 For example:
GetWorks   15
Accepted   79
Rejected   1
Discarded    2342

and best share is also very low afer few minutes.

When I point this miners for example to Slush I get:

GetWorks   19922
Accepted   152451
Rejected   337
Discarded    1934111

And best share is > 1 000 0000 after few minutes.

In solo pool is ratio Accepted / Discarded much bigger.

Thanks
Like it has been mentioned, the discarded number is due to the S3's high queue (I think it is 1046), but I am meant to believe does NOT affect your mining. you can change this to a lower number to get less discards.
This particular solo pool, I have noticed, takes a while to "settle" down to your appropriate hashing speed to assign a relevant Diff, so a few minutes is not long enough to reach conclusions.
Discards are a result of the S3 having a high queue setting. most people ignore it.

Thanks, so where is the place to set the queue size?
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Hi
 For example:
GetWorks   15
Accepted   79
Rejected   1
Discarded    2342

GetWorks   19922
Accepted   152451
Rejected   337
Discarded    1934111

Thanks

Discards are a result of the S3 having a high queue setting. most people ignore it.
Hi
 For example:
GetWorks   15
Accepted   79
Rejected   1
Discarded    2342

GetWorks   19922
Accepted   152451
Rejected   337
Discarded    1934111

Thanks
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Come off it! How does this solo pool get paid? If you find the block, then you get 99.95% of the 25 BTC it is worth, the rest to the pool.
In the same breath I'd add, the "normal" pool mining would say incur a flat rate for paying out to your address (not rocket science, but the pool gets paid then!)

But I digress, the question was is that kind of pool technically feasible to implement (or am I barking mad because that is what P2Pool is)?
You're asking if work can be submitted twice.  It can't.  Think about it.  If something like this could be implemented, then I could take my hashing power and multiply it by connecting to multiple pools.  So, in pool 1, I have 1TH/s, and pool 2 I have that same 1TH/s, and in pool N I have my 1TH/s, effectively giving me N TH/s mining, when I only have a single terra hash of hardware.  So, to answer your question, no, that kind of pool is not technically feasible to implement.  

P2Pool does nothing of the sort.  P2Pool has its own block chain called the share chain.  Each share that is added to the chain either solves the BTC block or it does not.  If it does, the generation transaction includes the payouts to all the miners who have shares on the chain.  If it does not solve the block, it is just added to the share chain.
How exactly would the "pool" get paid? All of the coins from the block go to whoever finds it. If you take coins from that person, it just becomes another pool.
Come off it! How does this solo pool get paid? If you find the block, then you get 99.95% of the 25 BTC it is worth, the rest to the pool.
In the same breath I'd add, the "normal" pool mining would say incur a flat rate for paying out to your address (not rocket science, but the pool gets paid then!)

But I digress, the question was is that kind of pool technically feasible to implement (or am I barking mad because that is what P2Pool is)?
Activity: 591
You miss the point completely.
I was insinuating to the technical feasibility of implementing a pool that would offer both solo-mining AND pool mining (if that makes sense), thus the issue of being banned by the pool would not arise.

So the question still stands, is it technically feasible to implement one? by the way, from the small miner's point of view, this will just ensure that all mining is at least rewarded. I play the lottery every week, but that does not mean I have to give up the day job!
How exactly would the "pool" get paid? All of the coins from the block go to whoever finds it. If you take coins from that person, it just becomes another pool.
Thankfully, this is impossible. Pools send out work that pay to their own addresses and there's no way of changing that. Even if there was a way of doing it, any pool that you do it to has every right to ban you because you would be stealing from them.
You miss the point completely.
I was insinuating to the technical feasibility of implementing a pool that would offer both solo-mining AND pool mining (if that makes sense), thus the issue of being banned by the pool would not arise.

So the question still stands, is it technically feasible to implement one? by the way, from the small miner's point of view, this will just ensure that all mining is at least rewarded. I play the lottery every week, but that does not mean I have to give up the day job!
Activity: 591
Just wondering, can we not have the best of both worlds by solo-mining AND submiting to a pool at the same time?
I am thinking along the lines of having a mining proxy opening connections (chats) and first submiting to the solo-minig chat then to the pool such that if you "discover" a block, you win it with the intial submission and though you go ahead and submit the same share to the pool, it is of no effect.

Would this require a special implementation of the pool and what does it take to mine directly rather than through a solo mining pool such as this one?
Thankfully, this is impossible. Pools send out work that pay to their own addresses and there's no way of changing that. Even if there was a way of doing it, any pool that you do it to has every right to ban you because you would be stealing from them.
Just wondering, can we not have the best of both worlds by solo-mining AND submiting to a pool at the same time?
I am thinking along the lines of having a mining proxy opening connections (chats) and first submiting to the solo-minig chat then to the pool such that if you "discover" a block, you win it with the intial submission and though you go ahead and submit the same share to the pool, it is of no effect.

Would this require a special implementation of the pool and what does it take to mine directly rather than through a solo mining pool such as this one?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
its for fun so there is no expectations....
I mine also with my cpu (using cpuminer) and in my office with USB miner
I dont know how I will look the balance on my wallet when and if there is something found....
thanks
Jump to: