Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 1% fee solo mining USA/DE 251 blocks solved! - page 481. (Read 1514087 times)

Activity: 537
Merit: 524
Yeah, expecting to hit one any day now  Grin

.....or in 2000 years or something like that lol
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
BTW, have decided to mine here as a lottery with my 3 am usb block erupters for a whopping 1 GH/s ... lol
Woohoo, that'll make the blocks roll in in no time!
Activity: 537
Merit: 524
@jborkl: it's in the OP: 1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ

BTW, have decided to mine here as a lottery with my 3 am usb block erupters for a whopping 1 GH/s ... lol
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
Team Heritage Motorsports
Con, if you don't mind can you pm me the fee address. I can use it to add the pool into my database so ckpool will show up.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I want to ask if you have plans on making this so we can merge mine f.ex. Namecoin. At least maybe it would be luckier to find a block in Namecoin and cover some of the expenses to my electricity. Smiley
ckpool will not be merge mining anything. Monetising virtually worthless altcoins is a mistake and adds nothing but instability and only makes it look like the rewards are better. I'm concentrating on stability and scaleability with low fees which ultimately lead to better rewards.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
con, i've started mining on slush with 990 GH/s, would you recommend me to use your pool as a secondary pool?
While solo mining will not lead to consistent profits for most miners, the fact is that if every single miner mines solo, the bitcoin network itself remains safe, transactions get propagated, and the protection is maximally decentralised.

This is the main reason I am going to solo mine (just as soon as mmpool has found a block, I have used many days there, so I dont want to move now and waste all that time).

My hashpower is not that much only around 700GH/s with KnC Jupiter, so I am not thinking that I will ever find af block with this hardware, so its mainly to help the bitcoin society and maybe if I get lucky I can cover my expenses. I am living in Denmark and the price for electricity is very high here. I pay around USD 250 per MONTH to run this hardware. Yep, I know.

I want to ask if you have plans on making this so we can merge mine f.ex. Namecoin. At least maybe it would be luckier to find a block in Namecoin and cover some of the expenses to my electricity. Smiley
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
con, i've started mining on slush with 990 GH/s, would you recommend me to use your pool as a secondary pool?
This particular pool is rather different to other pools. The vast majority of people mining on this pool will make no money whatsoever, but every so often someone will get lucky and make a mini fortune. Some people prefer to do this by default if they're unlikely to ever recoup the costs of the hardware they purchased in the hope of making a huge profit. These people will put this pool as the primary pool they operate on. If that is not how you wish to mine, then this is not the primary pool for you. However, due to various conditions on the internet which may lead to loss of connectivity from your primary pool and even multiple back up pools (such as DDoS attacks, hardware and network instability), every miner should still have a "last resort" backup which is solo mining. While solo mining will not lead to consistent profits for most miners, the fact is that if every single miner mines solo, the bitcoin network itself remains safe, transactions get propagated, and the protection is maximally decentralised. So even if a miner does not wish to take the great risk associated with solo mining as their primary mining source, every single miner out there should have a solo mining setup as their final backup. This pool provides an extremely easy way to effectively mine solo as your last backup without the overheads of running and maintaining a high bandwidth resource hungry low latency bitcoin node that is hard to do in a home environment. So yes, I would recommend that if you do not have a robust solo mining solution as your final backup in your home, you should use this pool.
legendary
Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
This is great, I pointed my s2 to it & am crossing my fingers!
Heh, good luck  Wink

Rest assured that if anyone finds a block, you'll all be informed here, though I'm sure you're all watching your wallets hopefully...
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
This is great, I pointed my s2 to it & am crossing my fingers!
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hi, noob here so don't yell at me for asking a stupid question. You may laugh, but don't yell  Cheesy

I am a non-tech, but very interested in bitcoins and the whole idea of it.

I am really happy that you provide a service to solo mine. I only know of 3 others and the only reason I am not using them is, that they don't reply back to my question.

Yes it might be a dumb question but I hope you will reply back anyway, so noobs like me can learn a little. (Noob everywhere I am taking this one for you guys!)

Errhmm.. so here it goes...

If I solo mine with you, with my knc jupiter, does my bitcoin-qt wallet on my desktop computer (where my bitcoin-adress is at) always be turned on? or can I just turn the desktop computer off, because the knc jupiter connects directly to your solo mining service?

Thank you in forward for your time and help.

Best regards,
You can leave it off for as long as you like. The bitcoin blockchain has a permanent record if money goes into your wallet. You just have to wait for your wallet to sync up when you turn the computer back on for it to realise it has been filled.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi, noob here so don't yell at me for asking a stupid question. You may laugh, but don't yell  Cheesy

I am a non-tech, but very interested in bitcoins and the whole idea of it.

I am really happy that you provide a service to solo mine. I only know of 3 others and the only reason I am not using them is, that they don't reply back to my question.

Yes it might be a dumb question but I hope you will reply back anyway, so noobs like me can learn a little. (Noob everywhere I am taking this one for you guys!)

Errhmm.. so here it goes...

If I solo mine with you, with my knc jupiter, does my bitcoin-qt wallet on my desktop computer (where my bitcoin-adress is at) always be turned on? or can I just turn the desktop computer off, because the knc jupiter connects directly to your solo mining service?

Thank you in forward for your time and help.

Best regards,
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
The pool's looking nice and stable, so there shouldn't be any more restarts in the near future. We have over 70 clients connected now, though the total hashrate is not that much (but that's fine since the total pool hashrate does not have any effect on any one miner's chance of finding a block). At the moment the demand is not high, but it wouldn't be too much work to set up standalone nodes elsewhere in the world. This pool instance is currently located in LA.

I've just upgraded the relay network used by this pool as described here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-and-why-pools-and-all-miners-should-use-the-relay-network-766190
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
There will be another small blip for an update. The only thing you may notice is stats resetting. I've also added port 443 mining.

EDIT: Completed.
Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.
Should I change any of the scan, expiry, or queue settings? I am not getting any rejects on my Jupiter, but the queue is set to 9999.

Edit: Naturally, my freidcat tube will not work. They really gotta fix that stupid controller.
Default settings are usually best unless the manufacturer has modified them as in the S3 case.

Tubes of course don't work properly, so I've added another server instance especially for tubes at solo.ckpool.org:3334 . Try that, though your user statistics for that server won't be visible at the moment.

I have the tube pointed there now. Looks to be working fine.

Thanks for the response.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Should I change any of the scan, expiry, or queue settings? I am not getting any rejects on my Jupiter, but the queue is set to 9999.

Edit: Naturally, my freidcat tube will not work. They really gotta fix that stupid controller.
Default settings are usually best unless the manufacturer has modified them as in the S3 case.

Tubes of course don't work properly, so I've added another server instance especially for tubes at solo.ckpool.org:3334 . Try that, though your user statistics for that server won't be visible at the moment.
Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Playing with numbers I got to this. Having ~2Th/s will produce one block every 2 years assuming the difficulty doesn't change.
That's about right. Assuming no diff change, you will find a block on average every ~2 years with 2TH, though due to variance it could be in 1 second or it could be never. If you find a block, it's 25BTC in your wallet. If not, it's zero.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Playing with numbers I got to this. Having ~2Th/s will produce one block every 2 years assuming the difficulty doesn't change.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Thank you for this pool ckolivas.

I would like to do some solo mining, but I need some help. Are you or organofcorti able to reply to this post of mine? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8253623 I need to know some % of success before starting it.
I can easily tell you the average number of blocks based on hashrate, but I can't offhand tell you the percentage chance of it being in either direction (OOC would be able to help you with this).  

Basically you need the current diff in hashes to find a block every 10 minutes. Which means you need the current diff / 600 in hashrate per second. The current diff is 27.4 billion. So you need 27,400,000,000(diff) * 2^32(noncerange) / 600(seconds) hashes per second to get a block every 10 minutes, or ~ 196PH. So then you scale accordingly to figure out how often your hashrate will on average find a block. 1/100th of 196PH will find a block every 10 * 100 minutes or every ~16.7hours.
Jump to: