Pages:
Author

Topic: Your strategy in trading - page 11. (Read 2129 times)

Activity: 743
Merit: 500
March 07, 2018, 01:53:18 PM
What is your strategy in trading? When you buy any alt coin how long do you hold and on what percentage you sell it?

There's no strategy, I'm away from buying and selling, mostly. The elite is dealing a large part of the money in the portfolio and doing long-term hodl. This is useful for keeping stress level low and I can easily get my head comfortably without daytime daytime. I would prefer to do step-by-step sales instead of saying I would have sold it at that price if I had never bought it at that price.
what are some of the best here that you know what are some of the best time of on how you are may able to make some earning and this is what we can say that this is your some of the strategy to be.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 629
March 07, 2018, 01:47:27 PM
What is your strategy in trading? When you buy any alt coin how long do you hold and on what percentage you sell it?

There's no strategy, I'm away from buying and selling, mostly. The elite is dealing a large part of the money in the portfolio and doing long-term hodl. This is useful for keeping stress level low and I can easily get my head comfortably without daytime daytime. I would prefer to do step-by-step sales instead of saying I would have sold it at that price if I had never bought it at that price.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
March 06, 2018, 01:42:18 PM
I have no special strategy in trading try to buy on drawdown and to sell at the top. I think this is a strategy adopted by many.... But be sure to decide yourself before the transaction, what profit you want to get and how much you are willing to lose on the transaction!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
March 06, 2018, 01:27:35 PM
I haven't traded for the past few days because of the current market situation, there's too much negative news around Bitcoin. But once its settled, I'll continue with my strategy to Buy and Sell with a very small profit, yes small profit is Ok with me. I would rather earn 3%-5% profits from every trade instead of losing 10% of my invested funds because of waiting for the price to go to the moon.
Activity: 244
Merit: 13
March 06, 2018, 01:23:23 PM

Based on my experience on trading i used some strategy when i do day trading, i'm looking when the coin was on the over bought then, i will wait until it will dip before i enter. Most of the common trader do are they try to buy when the green candle is not yet done, they try to chase green.
My important tip for you is, don't try to go for a big % of gain, try making a 5-10% profit rate every trade.
Activity: 461
Merit: 14
quarkchain.io
March 06, 2018, 12:47:34 PM
If those who like Trading altcoins short-term (daytrading) and mid-term,
may also try bot trading like gunbot etc. If I am not mistaken
his bot can automatically buy and sell according to chart analysis and indicators.

If the price is good, it is profitable but doubt the price goes down temporarily.
Trading on a small volume exchange (hard to sell), try to
swap to stable coin such as USD tether, payeer USD, and others.

If one likes trading long-term altcoins, profit
which is expected to be a minimum of 80%, can be up to 1000% or more.
Regarding the cut loss may still be reasonable range 20-35%.
Because the risk is proportional to profit.

For a sufficient capital there is a technique called "dollar cost averaging".
If you look at the exchange that many use the technique of "dollar cost averaging".
Buy at a low price of 5-15% market price, then wait for sell at the rising price.
if the price drops then set back to buy again at the price of 5-15% of
market price. This technique is long-term investment with managed
gradually when prices get worse.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
March 06, 2018, 05:57:46 AM
In fact, the timing of my entry into the market is not good. After I bought some coins, the price of the them have been falling.
But I am not worried, I believe the market will soon recover.
So my strategy is to only invest the coins what I know.
Activity: 220
March 06, 2018, 05:54:13 AM

I am more likely to hold than to sell, and wait for the right time to sell. I think to be patient in this condition.
Activity: 308
March 06, 2018, 05:49:58 AM
I think it depends. Foer example, I have hold btc for several years but as for others I will sell them when the price is reasonable. So it is hard to say how long I will hold them.
Activity: 434
March 06, 2018, 05:33:14 AM
The best strategy is to buy and hold. Any way If you want to be an active trader, to buy when the market is down, step by step (not large amounts) and sell when its green.
Activity: 137
March 06, 2018, 05:33:09 AM
My strategy is mainly holding the long term.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
March 06, 2018, 05:26:21 AM
I stick to the strategy of keeping coins for a long period of time, but there are things that they do not apply to them and they need to be sold as soon as possible, since they simply lose their value and I lose my money.
copper member
Activity: 51
March 06, 2018, 05:15:20 AM
Major hodler here. Sell 30% at 5-10x. Some coins I don't sell, even bounties.
Activity: 29
Merit: 3
CIBUS FOOD Ecosystem
March 06, 2018, 05:05:18 AM
The best thing to do is have a strategy. You really don’t want to miss out on cryptocurrency and block-chain technology. It’s not really about investing in coins. It’s more so do you believe that cryptocurrency and block-chain are the future.

I believe it’s the future! So for the next 3 years I will invest heavily into cryptocurrency and the technology behind it and also learn, learn, learn more about it. I will then wait to see how things are shaping out after 3 years. If cryptocurrency is not moving the way I truly believe it will move (to the moon), then I will move on to more traditional assets and investments but at least I am still in the cryptocurrency game.

So my advice is at least get in the game with a couple hundred bucks or grand. I am starting with 3k and won’t miss it a lick. I mean the risk is worth it to me. I really am big on cryptocurrency and the technology behind it. It’s like falling in love with the invent of computers back in 1960 or something. So don’t be scared to invest.

Put some money in, leave it and just see what happens because the upside is to promising. Don’t be that person that knew about cryptocurrency but never invested in it, please don’t! Life will be Hell and simply miserable for you, sorry. I’d rather throw a couple hundred dollars away now into cryptocurrency and it not work out as suppose to knowing a $300 investment today could have netted me $1 million R.O.I (return on investment)in the near future. As for me, I’m all the way in!
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
March 06, 2018, 04:39:42 AM
If the coin gets me a profit that is more than I expected ( like 50% in 24 hours) , I sell it all and buy a different and safe coin that did not increase at the past 24 hours. I minimize the risk as well as the possibility of the profit Smiley
Activity: 140
March 06, 2018, 04:25:19 AM

I follow the ever used strategy of buy low and sell high. Although there is a lot more to it than just seeing in between its adjectives. To answer your question, I usually buy an coin after weeks of dumping, say about three weeks to a month, at least with that kind of movement, I know that I am not buying while its price is at its highest point. I usually hold, on the other hand, for about two to six months, depending on the my profit goal. Although I usually want around 30-50% profit margin depending on the movement of the coin, if the coin is not going up for some time, and then, it suddenly does, I am okay with gaining around 30% because waiting for more would be too much, at least with that gain, I can use that as capital in other investments that has more  chances for a better gain.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
March 06, 2018, 04:23:43 AM
I follow some profiles in tradingview, I try to analyse coins I follow and take action accordingly. There are some times that specific coins go up and down repeatitively, I try to catch them to increase the amount of those coins in my portfolio.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
March 06, 2018, 04:15:05 AM

I only do short trade like when I buy an altcoin I will sell it with a profit of 2-5% per trade. It may be small but I am gaining profit surely.
Do you already consider the fee before selling it? I think your strategy is good if you already less the exchange fee, that percentage of profits is already
acceptable especially if you have a big capital and you are always finding coins which moving positively in a daily basis of your trade, but its also risky and have a lots of things to understand before proceeding using this strategy.
Activity: 252
Merit: 102
March 06, 2018, 04:08:51 AM

I only do short trade like when I buy an altcoin I will sell it with a profit of 2-5% per trade. It may be small but I am gaining profit surely.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
March 06, 2018, 03:52:34 AM
Well for me it depends on the coin For example I could use it in the future maybe like ETH I would buy some and maybe sell about 50% of it when I want to gain a profit ,
And just hold the remaining 50% for my personal use like Gas in sending Erc20 Tokens .
Pages:
Jump to: