Pages:
Author

Topic: Your strategy in trading - page 24. (Read 2129 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 101
January 02, 2018, 01:55:22 PM
What is your strategy in trading? When you buy any alt coin how long do you hold and on what percentage you sell it?

this is based on my own experience, all the altcoin I buy, honestly all the price goes up, it just takes a long time, and it's just the percentage increase each coin is different, for example its like ripple up from price 0.25$ up to 2.50$, it also depends heavily on luck. and I will hold the coin until it rises more or less in the price of 30%
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
January 02, 2018, 01:28:43 PM
 i also think holding is the best option, but hold until when?
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
January 02, 2018, 01:24:34 PM
It is enough for me to get 15-20 percent of the profit from each coin. I trade every day and do not leave the coin for long storage. For long-term storage, I have a separate portfolio that I do not keep on the exchange
Activity: 542
Merit: 250
January 02, 2018, 01:20:31 PM
What is your strategy in trading? When you buy any alt coin how long do you hold and on what percentage you sell it?

At least 50% of the profits, then try to buy when prices are going down and going out in BTC. If less, it doesn't really make sense to trade.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
January 02, 2018, 12:39:05 PM
Well first you need to choose the right alt coin to which you have a reasonable confidence. Then you can wait for a specific amount of time when to sell it. you can also do portion, which means that you sell some while you hold some of your coins.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
January 02, 2018, 12:31:58 PM
I buy low and sell high. That's my number one strategy. The percentage I sell at doesn't matter much but I always make sure that my selling price is such that covers the commission charges and increase my portfolio by an appreciable percentage. May be with time I will develop a better and more profiting strategy.
That is the simplest strategy. This in my opinion requires a high level of patience because we have to wait until the right time when the coin price increases. But there is one effective way that any little movement in my opinion it should be utilized. Do not wait too long because it will actually make us lose momentum. It is better to get a little profit but the opportunity to get it is easy rather than having to wait long without any certainty to be able to make a profit. I am a simple person and I like the easy thing to do all the time.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
January 02, 2018, 12:30:59 PM
Strategy vary depending on type of investment, i think day trading is not good for crypto markets, we only have to find good entry point and we have to wait for that, random trading can be very risky in the crypto world.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
January 02, 2018, 12:28:51 PM
there are many strategies when i trade cryptocurrencies, but in general, the most effective way we can do is buy coin when its price is still low and sell when it reaches the peak, but there are many factors that can effect the price such as predictions, time, the control of big whales,.. that are varieties we can not easily get.
Activity: 476
Merit: 104
Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur
January 02, 2018, 12:15:47 PM
I buy low and sell high. That's my number one strategy. The percentage I sell at doesn't matter much but I always make sure that my selling price is such that covers the commission charges and increase my portfolio by an appreciable percentage. May be with time I will develop a better and more profiting strategy.
Activity: 350
January 02, 2018, 12:07:07 PM
I choose promising coins at a low price and hold them. When the price grows at least 100%, I sell half, thus losing nothing, and the rest I hold on until this coin gives x3-x5!
Activity: 126
January 02, 2018, 12:04:09 PM
I usually buy it, I hold it for three months, then I sell it at any price for three months, so I don't have to watch the price go up and down every day.

I hold only with 40% of my portfolio. Rest of it, I do day trading which means I do a lot of buy-sell and sel-buy by trying to buy cheaper and sell when it is expensive. I also do little bit arbitrage traidng if I need money urgently.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
January 02, 2018, 12:03:37 PM
ermmm don't. Just hold (>5 years) in what you actually believe. You might miss a train, but you cant have them all.
Activity: 73
January 02, 2018, 12:03:02 PM
practical steps to implement right away:
Fees, fees, fees: Multiple trade actions = More fees. It’s always advisable to post the command (maker) and not to buy from the order book (taker). In Poloniex exchange, the difference is 0.1% in favor of the maker. That’s quite a bit.
Traders with no pressure: Don’t start trading unless you have the optimal conditions to make the decision to start a trade and know when and how to get out of it. Pressure almost always creates losing trades. Wait for the next opportunity, you will get there.
Setting goals and placing sell orders: always set your goals by putting sell orders. You don’t know when a whale will pump your coin up to catch your command (and pay a reduced fee on the “maker” side, remember?)
A successful strategy regarding this is placing very low buy orders. About a week ago a crazy dump occurred, selling off Augor coin down to 25% of its value! After a short while the market recovered slightly and anyone who had low buy these low orders could easily double or triple their investment. Placing buy orders requires special care, don’t wake up when you’re far away from the market to find your buy order is suddenly higher than the current market price!

Buy the rumor, sell the news. When major news sites publish articles it is usually exactly the right time to actually get out of the trade.
You have made a good trade, but as always, the moment you sold your coin runs up again! First, meet this guy – Murphy’s Law. Secondly, read over what was written previously here and never enter position again under pressure. As long as there is profit – you are ok. Go on to your next trade and don’t find yourself losing it.
Leave your ego aside. The goal here is not to be right on your trades, but to make a profit. Do not waste resources (time and money) to try to prove that you should’ve been entering that trade. Remember, there is no trader who never loses, at least sometimes. The equation is simple – get the total profits to be higher than the total losses.
Activity: 350
Merit: 108
January 02, 2018, 12:00:52 PM
my trading strategy is prefer to hold altcoin which i think is good coin with many considerations and after reaching profit 30%-60% i will sell it.
Activity: 129
Merit: 3
bitrace® | JOIN NOW
January 02, 2018, 12:00:04 PM
Buy low sell high, i think that's the main strategy for trading. Then anticipate the price, always get updated on the project that your crypto is used specially in altcoins, one single tweet may drastically affect the price. In times of loss, don't get depressed, sometimes it really comes. Just think positive that you can recover from it.
Activity: 144
January 02, 2018, 11:55:30 AM
Have a reason before entering each trade: Start a trade only when you know why you’re starting and have a clear strategy for afterwards.
Not all traders make gains from trading, since this is a zero-sum game (for everyone who benefits someone else loses on the other side).The Altcoins market is driven by large whales (yes, the same ones responsible for placing huge blocks of hundreds of Bitcoins on the order book). The whales are just waiting patiently for innocent little fish like us to make mistakes. Even if you aspire to trade on a daily basis, sometimes it is better not to earn and do nothing, instead of jumping into the rushing water and exposing your coins to losses. From my experience, there are days where you only keep your profits by not trading at all.
Activity: 112
January 02, 2018, 11:54:45 AM

When I bought I planned to hold for several years, therefor my plan  is to stay away from daytrading. Yet, I made a major mistake with Ripple.
I bought a few months ago when it was 0.27 and I sold a few days ago when it was 1.80, but guess what, the price went up to 2.80... I was hoping to sell high and buy low in order to get more Ripple...
Lesson learned.
Activity: 490
January 02, 2018, 11:51:21 AM
I normally searching crypto news sites and follow tweets of experts. When I am trading, I normally waiting for 20% and sell.  But now I am more prefer to hold long term than trading.
Activity: 196
January 02, 2018, 11:37:51 AM
Buy low, sell high.

Not a trolling, it works. Find some undervalued coins on the bottom, buy and hold it for a few months at least.
A'm not a big fun of shitcoins from top-500, so I advise you to choose more strongest and oldest coins from the top.
Activity: 142
Merit: 252
January 02, 2018, 11:13:50 AM
My strategy is -to hold the coin for a long time. But, it is necessary to fix profit.
Usually ,I sell a coin if it brought me x3-x5 profit. Then I try to buy the same coin, but at a low price. And again I wait for profit. Wink
Pages:
Jump to: