Pages:
Author

Topic: Your thoughts on Facebook's GlobalCoin - page 14. (Read 3524 times)

Activity: 291
Merit: 20
I love my wife and my little girl
June 19, 2019, 11:28:25 PM
In my opinion, Facebook coin, Libra (official name), might become another big scam coin, like Bitcoin Cash. It might be a big scam coin, in aspect of anonymous for their users. Facebook, years after its birthday, has never been a private platform, and their users' identities leaked from time to time. With Libra's whitepaper, and based on core developmental strategies of Facebook itself, I don't think Libra coin will bring any sort of privacy and anonymity for their users. Even when Libra used to pay for likes or other kinds of things on Facebook platform, users will have to do bunches of KYCs in order to withdraw their money (I believe).
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
June 19, 2019, 07:26:47 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/c2ds7f/crypto_industry_leaders_binance_bancor_bitfinex/erjy3rx/

"Hello, USA resident here. It's insane to think about how almost every single person I know tells me that getting into crypto is a mistake and I'm dumping money into a 'bubble'. Yet suddenly when Facebook opens up a 'crypto' almost all top companies accept it and now everyone is excited for it like Huh Even my dad is interested in it. Weird how last year when I mentioned something about it he called me an idiot."
Activity: 56
Merit: 5
June 18, 2019, 12:24:44 PM
your so fucking dumb hhhhhhh in the moment you ask this better stay away from crypto you will lose and with stable coins there is no growth

If its a stable coin theres no use as investment anyway Tongue

be aware of false hopes and other scams and shit,,its very simple to know that stable coin its not about investment relative to the the MIND read it, because if you exchange dollars to euro its not called investment and dont bring roi(revenue) like cryptos and the same with stable coins its like to exchange dollars to euro or other fiat money

ASK EXPERTS IN BLOCK CHAIN MAIL THEM AND ASK IN NICE WAY ** they will say if you exchange money fait to stable crypto coin it like exchange dollars to euro or other paper money its not growing SO what the point to exchange and even more scam what you will by in facebook stickers for libra stable coin scam

in other w0rds n0n of the ab0ve guys so be aware...why we here to invest and and grow crypto indusrty

g0od lu3k

when somebody say bitcoin vs facebook its mean his mind empty but there scary shit he is dont aware him self and feel everything is normal, ... smart people say thanks god i dont lock inside mind like that because i was fucked up my entire life

do you get it ...

legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018
June 18, 2019, 12:17:54 PM

Now everybody just picture that piranha-like swarm of blockchain savvy black hats that are already cultivating their hardons for when they finally get a go at molesting sweet facecoin!

Grin

Ain't gonna be enough popcorn in the universe (remember to stock up long positions!), because this will inevitably get hacked-

or does anyone seriously think that a centralized sillycone valley run corporate $hitcoin with a cpl billion facebook users will not have boatloads of vulnerabilities waiting to be exploited?

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
June 18, 2019, 09:28:02 AM
Looks like Libra is actually going to be pegged to a basket of four fiat currencies to begin with: JPY, GBP, EUR and USD.

So far it's practically the same as other stablecoins, with the only major difference being the huge number of partners Libra will launch with, and of course backing by one of the big four (GAFA).

If it is tradeable on public exchanges, then I expect Libra will eclipse Tether and TrueUSD as the number 1 stablecoin.
Activity: 602
Merit: 24
June 18, 2019, 09:24:08 AM
By itself it's just a shitty blockchain solution, on the other hand it could either bring some benefit to the crypto world or destroy it completely since they are promoting a centralized solution led by big companies.
I totally agree with you! Facebook controls each of its users and can provide information at the request of us intelligence. This social network is subordinate to the American government. All cash flows of users will be known to the us government and the us tax authorities. If You have something to hide, then using a token from Facebook is not Your option!
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 0
June 18, 2019, 09:21:21 AM
As i heard  that Facebook is going to issue Globalcoin as a ‘stablecoin’ pegged to the US dollar. This will remove the volatility that is a difficult factor of the crypto market, at least for merchants and payment service providers.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
The First Idle Defense Blockchain Game
June 18, 2019, 09:11:46 AM
By itself it's just a shitty blockchain solution, on the other hand it could either bring some benefit to the crypto world or destroy it completely since they are promoting a centralized solution led by big companies.
if it can increase the number of mass adoption of crypto ownership in the market, I think that would be good for the market. but I don't know there will be a negative effect from Facebook entering this industry or not. we will see it later when everything is really running.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 166
June 18, 2019, 09:08:36 AM
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
June 18, 2019, 09:08:22 AM
GlobalCoin is coming. What are your thoughts on this new Facebook-made altcoin? What have you heard about it?

Share your first impression!

It'll be a Global coin of its own. I don't see it as a bitcoin contender but I feel it'll be more popular amongst young adults who use facbook and insgram to express themselves. I don't think it would be that popular though, perhaps popular in the beginning but I don't think it will keep up under the pressure.
Activity: 238
Merit: 5
simply getting the job done
June 18, 2019, 04:36:15 AM
GlobalCoin is coming. What are your thoughts on this new Facebook-made altcoin? What have you heard about it?

Share your first impression!
Nouriel Roubini said: Globalcoin has nothing to do with Blockchain, is it true?
Globalcoin is very much interested by big financial companies such as Visa, Paypal, Uber, etc. Each company has invested 10 million USD.
With a large number of Facebook users, I think Globalcoin will be very developed.

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
June 18, 2019, 04:35:21 AM
So far it is difficult to say something, but I am sure that facebook knows how to attract top investors and big companies, by the way, which have already been attracted and soon we will know how much facebook will collect on the sale of their tokens and further development plans.

Facebook can attract big company because the platform used by many people in the world. Beside that, facebook is listed company in wall street and already make profits. It could be great if facebook create global coin because increase awareness on cryptocurrency
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
June 18, 2019, 03:48:59 AM
So far it is difficult to say something, but I am sure that facebook knows how to attract top investors and big companies, by the way, which have already been attracted and soon we will know how much facebook will collect on the sale of their tokens and further development plans.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
June 18, 2019, 03:41:41 AM
Facebook global coin is pure centralized coin which can be governed by most of the top wall street investors instead dealing with US dollars they all are pumping facebook global coin
If that will be so, wouldn't it be nice if we ride onto the first wave? If they will treat Libra like savage bears and whales why not be the first to do it? After all, crypto is like a game of firsts, you observe, wait for the perfect time and just dump on it like most of the people do.
Activity: 287
June 17, 2019, 06:40:56 AM
Facebook global coin is pure centralized coin which can be governed by most of the top wall street investors instead dealing with US dollars they all are pumping facebook global coin
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
June 17, 2019, 04:16:54 AM
I'm not that excited about the upcoming Facebook coin ,not until I see how its been welcomed into crypto space ,just because Facebook is a very popular social media doesn't mean the coin will be better and I heard it will be a stable coin so I'm not excited about that
Activity: 46
Merit: 4
June 17, 2019, 03:42:03 AM
I've got this ambivalent feeling about facebook launching a coin..

It'll probably turn out to be a very popular coin because the succes of Facebook - but a coin owned by a company smells bad.
If Facebook manages to make it feel comfortable for everyday human beings using the coin, they might surpas bitcoin in terms of marketcap - but who knows?

I've always thought that the big flaws in cryptocurrency is that its volatile, and no one really knows what it is (again "normal" people)
Facebook is one of the largest companies in the world, who has people actively using their site from all over the world! even old people!
imagine facebook could convince those people using their coin.. Shocked
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
June 17, 2019, 03:26:16 AM
Unlike my previous estimation, this coin would probably disrupt the current crypto market and compete with well known coins.
As it would be backed by other large enterprise like VISA, mastercard and Paypal it is sure to have it's own card and be used in banking sector.
With Uber on it's team, it would also be an utility token. So, it could really be the first global cryptocoin.

With members all around the world, facebook coin have big potential in the future. Transaction could be peer to peer because every member can make transaction with facebook coin directly with third party like banks.
Activity: 658
June 17, 2019, 02:06:21 AM
In the beginning, what I heard was clear that the conception between the new one was made for a long time, but if it was seen from the game, it was actually the same between the two and it didn't even have anything to do with Facebook so we don't need to know everything that updates

Activity: 812
Merit: 11
June 17, 2019, 01:47:37 AM
Unlike my previous estimation, this coin would probably disrupt the current crypto market and compete with well known coins.
As it would be backed by other large enterprise like VISA, mastercard and Paypal it is sure to have it's own card and be used in banking sector.
With Uber on it's team, it would also be an utility token. So, it could really be the first global cryptocoin.

Facebook coin can disrupt current cryptomarket but i dont think will disrupt on market cap value. It will increase people who want to invest because with more big company join, it will increase people confident to invest
Pages:
Jump to: