Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 103. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
obviously this is kind of a literal question now all the chinese exchanges are goners, but i'm wondering more about before that happened.

ltc aside, the never seems to have been much interest in alts from china.

considering they're degenerate gamblers you'd think they'd love it all. is it because most of them are based around english speaking communities, they only wanted to mine certain types, they have certain standards after all.

why do you think that was?

The guys who said they primary used ASICS, was my 1st guess also.

However as with all things , the realization that ASICS are a never ending money pit and that energy costs have no where to go but up.
The eventual conclusion is that PoW will eventually collapse due to ever increasing costs and another method such as Proof of Stake must be chosen.
At ZEIT, we have noticed the Chinese are joining our network slowly but surely.  Wink

Cool
legendary
Exchange Status
alcurex  Online      
CoinExchangeOnline
CryptopiaOnline
NovaExchangeOnline
POSWalletOnline
SouthXchangeOnline
Yobit Do not use Yobit      

Cool
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Shift Coin, Phantom/IPFS the new Web 3.0
Going to a 50 billion market for all coins end of May
legendary
Activity: 1130
No good deed goes unpunished
Greetings folks.

There is some activity in the markets. Looks like all the sub 1 satoshi coins are gone, I wonder what happens next? Wink

btw ... seems ZEIT is over MINT marketcap. Finally Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
After so much time i have start to loose my faith on this coin.I hope to change that

Why are you losing faith in our coin? What would you like to change about it?

You should find the answer by yourself.

Well, unfortunately I wasn't born with the ability to read minds. So until I figure out the secret to telepathy, I will have to rely on ydrogios to say what is on his mind so that, hopefully, his concerns can be addressed to his satisfaction. But thanks for your contribution to this thread.
Activity: 370
Merit: 255
PoSWallet news today:

The following wallets are now syncing correctly and are out of maintenance: HONEY, ZEIT, OK, XST. If you are missing a transaction in these wallets, refresh the block via the profile page. ZEIT has a million blocks left to sync, please give that another 4-8 hours. We got in touch with the 808 dev and think we have a solution there as well.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
After so much time i have start to loose my faith on this coin.I hope to change that

You should find the answer by yourself.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1894

One word: "masternodes"

No masternodes are ever needed here, lol
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
legendary
Maybe if we drown them with support tickets they will get their act together and sync up.

I say give them some time.

it is my bad,   Tongue

I should have noticed they were on the wrong version last week and informed them then.
But I am not yet fully familiar with their site.

Cool

FYI:  They Know now so it should only be a few days before they sync up.

kiklo
3:37 AM
@poswallet_support  , Just wanted to Confirm you saw my message on the ZEIT wallet version needing to be 2.0.1.7  , Thanks.

poswallet_support
3:38 AM
yes thank you

Ok ,
it has been ~5 days and POSWALLET has not fixed their issue.   Tongue
Anyone that wants too, feel free to drown them with support tickets.

Cool

UPDATE:
POSWALLET is now Synced.
legendary
Took me a week, but i'm up and staking Smiley

Is there Slack or Discord groups?

Not that I know of, most everything is covered in BTCTalk.

Cool
legendary
Is there any recent blockchain snapshots available?  I'm 265 days away and it seems like it would take a week to sync for me too.
 up: just found it. Please update the website as it has the outdated one.

Last one made will always be here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14024462

It is from 4-18-2017.

Cool

Activity: 749
Merit: 501
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟
 Is there any recent blockchain snapshots available?  I'm 265 days away and it seems like it would take a week to sync for me too.
 up: just found it. Please update the website as it has the outdated one.
legendary
On another note, the creator of Torcoin is still looking for someone to set up a faucet and is offering a 500 Tor bounty (currently worth around $500USD). I'm not trying to pimp for another coin, but merely putting some information out there that can put a decent amount of money in someone's hand, Besides, that $500 can buy a whole lot of ZEIT! Something to think about for anyone who has experience setting up faucets.

Tell him to contact GrinZ   https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/grinz-188159  

He runs http://cryptoguru.tk/Faucet

That is who ZEIT has been using for our faucet ~ 2½ years now.  Smiley

Cool

Looks like someone already got a faucet up and running. I wasn't really that interested in helping him out more so than helping out one of my fellow Zeiters get some scratch in their pockets.
legendary

That reminds me on zeitcoin/blackcoin/cryptorush in 2014: https://pastebin.com/CiqGSfXD   Grin

Cheers,
Ray

Ugh! Ray, don't remind us of that CryptoRush fiasco!  Tongue Seriously though, we all appreciate what you do.

On another note, the creator of Torcoin is still looking for someone to set up a faucet and is offering a 500 Tor bounty (currently worth around $500USD). I'm not trying to pimp for another coin, but merely putting some information out there that can put a decent amount of money in someone's hand, Besides, that $500 can buy a whole lot of ZEIT! Something to think about for anyone who has experience setting up faucets.
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
I'm going to revert to 2.0.1.7 as the last working version on github.
(in the next days)

Cheers,
Ray

Done. Latest Version on git is 2.0.1.7 again (Complete Rollback)
https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin/commit/136d997f6f57ad4544e4b9a1ce487edd71947b15

Because of my job I have few time time to update and fix the zeit wallet at the moment.
I plan to finish all modifications and testings before June.

Further reasons for the rollback:
Some exchanges are automatically detecting changes on git and (auto?) compile unfinished versions.
That reminds me on zeitcoin/blackcoin/cryptorush in 2014: https://pastebin.com/CiqGSfXD   Grin

Cheers,
Ray
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036

ATM please use this version: https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin/tree/dce0e5ef61bbc7fcb6941a2a452775a25c6f691d

I'm going to revert to 2.0.1.7 as the last working version on github.
(in the next days)

Cheers,
Ray
legendary
Guys, what with YoBit? I have some ZEIT on this exchange. Is it the end of my investing?)

Yobit has been down for ~ year.
I send numerous emails and bombarded their troll box in every language for weeks.
They will take it out of maintenance , but then will place it back in maintenance almost immediately.
I finally gave up on them.   Tongue

Which if you look everytime I show the exchange status it always says:
Exchange            Status
Yobit            Do not use Yobit

The only suggestion I have left , is to sue them when the value of your coins is high enough to make it worthwhile.

Cool

just sell your Zeits on yobit, their BTCwallet is almost always online. then you can convert the btc to lite or doge on the other exchanges and buy them back  profitably   Smiley

+1, and then refer to kiklo's statement in red above: DO NOT USE YOBIT ever again!
Jump to: