Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 106. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
i made a post ray hopefully we can turn it into a mega faucet
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Crypsywallet could be one of the TOP wallets and Cryptsy had POS-enabled.
One of the knights should get in touch with MicroGuy.  Wink

Cheers,
Ray
legendary
kiklo would you care to claim this wallet?

Not really, I got too many things going on at the moment.
Feel Free if you want to claim it,
here are the wallet repair tips.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13720947

Cool
kiklo would you care to claim this wallet?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
Our team obtained many of the cryptocurrencies that were frozen on Cryptsy's servers when the exchange collapsed. The ZeitCoin wallet.dat was among those recovered.

We are now in the process of giving these wallet files back to their respective communities. The wallet has not been inspected and it's unknown if it contains any coins. If you are a developer of this coin, or a longstanding community member, you can file a request for the wallet in this thread: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=3789.0
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
I heard that pieter wuille is putting his paws on zeit, hes willing to acquire the entire supply if the need be. Rumor could be true or could be a mouthfart produced by envy idiots that possess billions of zeit and have their motives to push the value. Judge for urself whether its worthy to be noted. It sounds like an absurd to me because I am vietnam veteran and whatever media outlets say, I never take that as granted.

Where did you hear this?

If it's true man this coin go to the Moon. But where did u hear this ?
That is an old coin  . Why it will go to the moon . Nobody need zeitcoin . If you have billions of zeitcoins it doesnt mean it will go to the moon. Better to invest in startups not in coins .

Alright! We haven't had a FUD'er in our midst in a while! Things are definitely looking up! Hey, using your logic, Bitcoin is even older than we are, so why invest in it? I bet the people who got in when BTC was under $300 and held on aren't complaining right about now.
sounds like some people are getting nervous about zeitcoin already!  Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I heard that pieter wuille is putting his paws on zeit, hes willing to acquire the entire supply if the need be. Rumor could be true or could be a mouthfart produced by envy idiots that possess billions of zeit and have their motives to push the value. Judge for urself whether its worthy to be noted. It sounds like an absurd to me because I am vietnam veteran and whatever media outlets say, I never take that as granted.

Where did you hear this?

That is an old coin  . Why it will go to the moon . Nobody need zeitcoin . If you have billions of zeitcoins it doesnt mean it will go to the moon. Better to invest in startups not in coins .
Activity: 352
Merit: 251

Where did you hear this?

legendary
Has anyone tried loading the Linux wallet on a Raspberry Pi?

I've tried it and it runs out of memory. (1.2-1.5 GB of free memory for zeicoind needed)

Cheers,
Ray

Ok, thanks FWBlack and Ray. That sucks that even the Pi 3 has only 1GB of memory and no way to increase it at all. Oh well, I was just thinking of things to tinker with on mine.
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036

I've tried it and it runs out of memory. (1.2-1.5 GB of free memory for zeicoind needed)

Cheers,
Ray
Activity: 102
Seems like I recall that being discussed and it does not have enough memory.
legendary
legendary

Where did you hear this?
legendary
Kiklo, you are a wealth of information my friend! Might be a good idea to put some of that information on the OP so that newcomers can read all about it without having to search through 757 pages of information. I'm in the Networking/Cybersecurity field, so all this programming jargon confuses me to no end. Thanks for putting it in layman's terms!

Smiley, Good idea, once we finish the Ultra Low Update, I'll find some time to add some info to the OP.

LOL, that is a heck of a rumor, BTC core would be after Sipa with Pitch Forks if that was ever verified.

ZEIT is a kind of Magic,  Success is not an if , but a When.   Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p_1QSUsbsM

Cool
legendary
Kiklo, you are a wealth of information my friend! Might be a good idea to put some of that information on the OP so that newcomers can read all about it without having to search through 757 pages of information. I'm in the Networking/Cybersecurity field, so all this programming jargon confuses me to no end. Thanks for putting it in layman's terms!
legendary
All good answers, kiklo. Thanks! So if there have been over 36 billion coins mined/minted since its release into the wild, Knights own around $3 billion +/- a billion, and there are about 2 billion currently on exchanges, where are the rest of the coins? Are there secret whales we don't know about? That is worrisome because if one or two people are holding over 51% of coins in existence they could cause a complete or irreparable collapse. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and overly protective.

You did put it into perspective though, kiklo. 181,000 new coins per year and 20 years to mint 3.6 million? Wow! That definitely ups the appeal for me. Maybe I'm still looking at it from the wrong perspective, but still, an unlimited supply of Zeit sounds a bit too much like fiat currency to me. But yeah, I see what you mean about the messaging, though. I didn't really think of it that way. It would be way too easy for users to get harassed or spammed. Makes sense.

No Worries,  Wink

I put it to you like this,
51% attack on a PoW coin can destroy a PoW coin , however they still have the asics to mine another coin of the same algo.
51% attack on a PoS coin is the same as setting your ASICS on Fire, you're done, game over.

As far as Number of coins out there, the richest address has ~900 million coins only 2.52% of the total.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/#!rich

Even if we had a rogue 51% attacker at ZEIT , he does not keep the 51% like an asics would 24x7, every time he stakes his % drops,
after he stakes 2% , he is now below the controlling 51%. Plus you got the fact ZEIT has a max stake age of 20 days, meaning if you don't stake for 40 days.
Your amount of coins block weight is equal to 20X the amount of coins in that block.
With ZEIT Coin Weight matters more than the amount of coins.
Rent_A_Ray said it best, ZEIT is Protected by Chaos itself.
Since not only the # of coins are varied, but the 20X coin age is also varied, makes it extremely difficult to maintain any long term control even if you have 51%.

Side note , one of the changes with the Ultra Low inflation change is the new 24 hours staking,
so instead of waiting 20 days to stake , you only have to wait 24 hours, this will increase the Number of active coins staking by a factor of 20 , which will give a massive increase in security. After this change we will be one of the most bullet proof coins in existence.   Smiley

Cool
legendary
All good answers, kiklo. Thanks! So if there have been over 36 billion coins mined/minted since its release into the wild, Knights own around $3 billion +/- a billion, and there are about 2 billion currently on exchanges, where are the rest of the coins? Are there secret whales we don't know about? That is worrisome because if one or two people are holding over 51% of coins in existence they could cause a complete or irreparable collapse. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and overly protective.

You did put it into perspective though, kiklo. 181,000 new coins per year and 20 years to mint 3.6 million? Wow! That definitely ups the appeal for me. Maybe I'm still looking at it from the wrong perspective, but still, an unlimited supply of Zeit sounds a bit too much like fiat currency to me. But yeah, I see what you mean about the messaging, though. I didn't really think of it that way. It would be way too easy for users to get harassed or spammed. Makes sense.
Jump to: