Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 151. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Bureaucracy must expand ... to meet the needs of the expanded bureaucracy.  Keeps people in jobs I suppose  Roll Eyes

How's the knighting coming along?

21 days left, after that it will be March 2017 before the Knight entry window opens again.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1130
No good deed goes unpunished
Bureaucracy must expand ... to meet the needs of the expanded bureaucracy.  Keeps people in jobs I suppose  Roll Eyes

How's the knighting coming along?
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
america needs basic income badly just so people will stop abusing welfare. hard to blame someone for doing 0 hours of work and collecting $3600 per month per kid instead.

if anyone is looking to pick up some zeit before it blows up there is 80M for less than 2sats in the cryptopia ltc market
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
- Are you aware, for example, that in the UK something in the order of 70% of the 'social security' budget is used in the administration of the funds, NOT in direct benefits to the people who need it?

Please do you have any links to further information on the above.
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Additional:

http://anonhq.com/6-turnaround-stories-prove-unconditional-free-money-makes-everyone-rich/

London:

In May 2009, a local charity decided to give free money — £3000 with no strings attached — to each of the 13 long-term rough sleepers. No, none of the ‘lucky’ men ‘splurged’ their money on alcohol, drugs or gambling. A year later, 11 out of 13 moved off the streets and had a roof above their heads. They began making plans for the future, including taking courses, reconnecting with family, developing independent living skills (such as cooking and paying bills), and addressing physical and mental health and substance abuse problems. Total spending in the first year averaged £794 per person, compared with the £3,000 allowed.
Came across this today, on twatter:-

Cryptocurrency Webfont Icon Pack

... and we're not in it Sad

At the bottom it says

Didn't find the one you need? Ask for it – @AllienWorks #cryptocoins

So I've already twatted a request.

Perhaps it would help if all the Knights, and as many of you as can spare 2 mins to do so, could twat as well?

Getting back to 'basic income',

I said that I thought it was inherently a good idea

I DID NOT say that the current financial/bureaucratic system was the best way to deliver it!

- Are you aware, for example, that in the UK something in the order of 70% of the 'social security' budget is used in the administration of the funds, NOT in direct benefits to the people who need it?

We need to unlearn the lies that we've all been indoctrinated with since birth, tear down the old, corrupt systems & build anew - based on knowledge, truth & collective will.
'Basic Income' is a damned good idea, in a world where more & more 'jobs' are being done by digital automation.

Paulo Freire writes in Pedagogy of the Oppressed, "Freedom is acquired by conquest, not by gift. It must be pursued constantly and responsibly. Freedom is not an ideal located outside of man; nor is it an idea which becomes myth. It is rather the indispensable condition for the quest for human completion".

Overall, the case study in India suggests that the fears surrounding basic income in creating disincentives have been overblown. It appears the security of  knowing you will always have enough money to meet your basic  needs  encouraged economic agents to undertake more economic risk than they might have otherwise. Others may argue that this is not necessarily a good thing, because people may grow far more reckless with their finances. We would say providing basic income, just takes care of basic needs and no more than this won’t be a problem. People will always strive to go beyond subsistence living  and therefore likely to still be relative risk averse, but  this issue similar to basic income as a whole needs to be debated by the wider public  and governments sooner rather than later.

SOURCE

Could anyone not be sceptical and cynical of governmental authority when the whole economic system of the seemingly entire world is in such bad shape? Especially when these same organisations sanctioned with creating the money supply by government can just conjure money out of thin air. Yet even with unlimited funding they still manage to bankrupt themselves as well as everybody else, it is hardly a sign of authority or confidence building.

All governmental checks and balances, monitoring and regulation, where thrown out of the window and remain that way. With complete freedom given to a banking system that has failed the many, is on going and hardly reassuring or confidence enhancing in its present form.

Trusting these same people to do what is right for the many looks like insanity in the current state of play, based on the evidence we have before us.  
Activity: 319
'Basic Income' is a damned good idea, in a world where more & more 'jobs' are being done by digital automation.

how can putting control of your personal financial future into someone somemany else's hands be deemed 'good?'

wouldn't an end to deprivation (excessaive taxation + corporate fascism/collectivism) be so much better?
does anyone think that 'basic income' will positively affect the distribution of wealth on the planet?

The problem with what's going on now is that manufacturing hasn't been made affordable enough to be in every home in the world. When every home in the world can be a mini factory, needing only basic goods and materials to allow those homes to make everything they need to survive and thrive, that's when we'll have true sustainability (provided we have enough raw materials to go around).

But as human beings, we are inherently collectivist in nature. Libertarian-ism and Anarchism is really us just wanting to be leader of a collective, without having any actual followers but following no one else. But all you have to do is look at the shenanigans that go on in bitcointalk to see what happens when we have no government calling the shots. Very few people actually see what goes on in bitcointalk and want this to be a mirror for how society should act. So they go collectivist and pro-government.
Overall, the case study in India suggests that the fears surrounding basic income in creating disincentives have been overblown. It appears the security of  knowing you will always have enough money to meet your basic  needs  encouraged economic agents to undertake more economic risk than they might have otherwise. Others may argue that this is not necessarily a good thing, because people may grow far more reckless with their finances. We would say providing basic income, just takes care of basic needs and no more than this won’t be a problem. People will always strive to go beyond subsistence living  and therefore likely to still be relative risk averse, but  this issue similar to basic income as a whole needs to be debated by the wider public  and governments sooner rather than later.

SOURCE
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

how can putting control of your personal financial future into someone somemany else's hands be deemed 'good?'

wouldn't an end to deprivation (excessaive taxation + corporate fascism/collectivism) be so much better?
does anyone think that 'basic income' will positively affect the distribution of wealth on the planet?
Unconditional free money? What could possibly go wrong? I mean, everyone knows that "free" is a codeword for taxpayer funded.

Unconditional free money, you mean like what the bankster's get? What could possibly go wrong?
... mmmm ... let me see ...    ... ...   Undecided ... ... ...

Unconditional free money like what people who did nothing to earn it get, in this situation. Well, I guess that could go for banksters too. Kinda makes you wonder about the true value of paper currencies if they are willing to give it away for free.

What it actually means is that it is time to try on the new shackles of dependency to governments and banks.
legendary

What if an organization (for example, the zeit knights) were to offer to pay the trading fee?

The way it would work is, if Zeit doesn't generate enough trading for C-CEX to meet the cutoff for the month, then Zeitknights would pay the difference in fees that the exchange WOULD have gotten if there was 6 BTC worth of monthly volume.

I mean I like Cryptopia and Yobit, but their charts are just downright awful.

But hey, the fact that we aren't confident that we can even maintain this level of volume is indicative that we need some new buzz for our community. =/

We have 4 exchanges that don't have a Delist Policy , why would we want one that does,
We all got better things to do with our time, than watch daily volume on C-Cex.
I would rather buy ZEIT than just pay an exchange for something we already have 4 times over.

Everyone complains about the volume, because some other coin on an exchange gets like $50,000 volume per day.
That volume on the other exchanges is merely computerized trading , with very little of those coins actually trading hands.
Aside from BTC & Litecoin , most of those volumes are faked.

ZEIT is hands down the best of the bunch , In Time that will be made apparent to everyone.

Cool
C-CEX.com exchange news!

We have to free up server resources for new coins by delisting some coins which have consistently low trading volume.
The following coins will be removed on 19.03.2016 if their average trading volume for the last month has not exceeded 0.2 BTC/day (or 6 BTC for last 30 days):

Cool

I wonder why we can't get LISTED on C-CEX.com

C-CEX has Paid Voting to Join, considering they delist if you don't have 6 BTC of trading every Month.
I just as soon set that fiat on fire than throw it at C-CeX , just to be delisted in 3 months.
Others Opinions may vary.  Smiley

Cool

What if an organization (for example, the zeit knights) were to offer to pay the trading fee?

The way it would work is, if Zeit doesn't generate enough trading for C-CEX to meet the cutoff for the month, then Zeitknights would pay the difference in fees that the exchange WOULD have gotten if there was 6 BTC worth of monthly volume.

I mean I like Cryptopia and Yobit, but their charts are just downright awful.

But hey, the fact that we aren't confident that we can even maintain this level of volume is indicative that we need some new buzz for our community. =/
legendary
C-CEX.com exchange news!

We have to free up server resources for new coins by delisting some coins which have consistently low trading volume.
The following coins will be removed on 19.03.2016 if their average trading volume for the last month has not exceeded 0.2 BTC/day (or 6 BTC for last 30 days):

Cool

C-CEX has Paid Voting to Join, considering they delist if you don't have 6 BTC of trading every Month.
I just as soon set that fiat on fire than throw it at C-CeX , just to be delisted in 3 months.
Others Opinions may vary.  Smiley

Cool
In the C-CEX Exchange Delisting News

C-CEX.com exchange news!

1337 [1337], AdvancedInternetBlock [AIB], AmsterdamCoin [AMS], AntiBitcoin [ANTI], Argon2Coin [AR2], AmeroX [AX], BitBay [BAY], BitCent [BCENT], BitcoinTX [BTX], Bitquark [BTQ], Burst [BURST], BowsCoin [BSC], GlobalBoost-Y [BSTY], CarbonCoin [CARB], CryptBit [CBIT], CandleCoin [CD], Cloud Mining Asset [CELL], CryptoEscudo [CESC], CleverCoin [CLV], ChipCoin [CHIP], CrownCoin [CRW], Crypto [CTO], Cypher [CYP], Deutsche Emark [DEM], DraftCoin [DFT], DigitalCredits [DGCS], Fantom [FNX], FujiCoin [FJC], GuccioneCoin [GCC], GlobalCurrencyReserve [GCR], GameCredits [GMC], GongYiCoin [GYC], IslaCoin [ISL], Kcoin [KC], IncaKoin [NKA], LiteStarCoin [LTS], Lyrabar [LYB], MapCoin [MAPC], MobileCash [MBL], MotoCoin [MOTO], PrimeChain [PRIME], NewCoin [NEWC], NinjaCoin [NINJA], DNotes [NOTE], Quedos [QDOS], RainbowGoldCoin [RAIN], SaveAndGain [SANDG], ResumeoShares [RMS], SecretCoin [SCRT], SmileyCoin [SMLY], TurboStake [TRBO], StepsCoin [STEPS], UCoin , WorldPay [WOP], BitZeny [ZNY].

Cool

legendary
Activity: 1148
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Unconditional free money? What could possibly go wrong? I mean, everyone knows that "free" is a codeword for taxpayer funded.

Unconditional free money, you mean like what the bankster's get? What could possibly go wrong?

Unconditional free money like what people who did nothing to earn it get, in this situation. Well, I guess that could go for banksters too. Kinda makes you wonder about the true value of paper currencies if they are willing to give it away for free.
Activity: 307

legendary
Activity: 1148
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Jump to: