Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 194. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
Craptsy is as liquid as it gets in ZeitCoin markets though...yet one whale with a bot takes the entire coin down and holds it there by throttling that one market. I thought of it more as a problem with one market pairing on one bot infested exchange setting fair value for a coin. The Bitcoin pairings have held up and provided stability while LTC has undergone a 40%+ correction. I'm happy to take the liquidity off craptsy and add it to an exchange that gave us the stability of a BTC pairing.

I imagine I'd be rather annoyed if I had a Zeitcoin autosell running on craptsy the past 24 hours or so while the price has been manipulated into the ground at the same time LTC has skyrocketed and then crashed in epic fashion relative to BTC & fiat.

LOL

That craptsy bot is so dumb it's even dropping its asks while LTC continues to tank relative to BTC. It's selling into its own bids to tank the price. What a joke.

Makes you wonder how much ACTUAL ZeitCoin volume there is on craptsy that isn't just a bot or bots selling back and forth to themselves. Anyway if someone is so silly to make a ZEIT/LTC trading bot that doesn't monitor LTC/BTC or ZEIT/BTC at decent exchanges, I'll be delighted to wait for LTC to bottom and send the owner of that poorly written bot to the ZeitCoin poor house.

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
Now I'm real glad I kept some BTC powder dry.

Oops...think something bad happened to those ZeitCoin sell walls. Kinda funny that one guy and a silly craptsy bot can cut the price in half in a few hours.

That's what you get with markets with low liquidity I'm afraid.

Really glad I sold my LTC for BTC when i did. Not sure when to jump back in tho.
Now I'm real glad I kept some BTC powder dry.

Oops...think something bad happened to those ZeitCoin sell walls. Kinda funny that one guy and a silly craptsy bot can cut the price in half in a few hours.
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
rough day for zeit. our strong foundation remains. dumpers a plenty if you want to pad your stack.

It's not just Zeit. EVERY LTC denominated coin has taken a "hit". Have you even seen LTC's rise? It's pretty insane, and there's a block halving coming up for LTC on top of that.

But if LTC were to take a huge correction vs BTC (like, a 50% haircut or more because dumpers), Zeit will definitely see some big gains. Count on it. Wink

well there you go. i hope youre right
Holy cow the dump on LTC is real. Can't believe I am actually watching it live right now. And BTC is skyrocketing!
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
cryptojunk bag holder
Just tweeted to B-TER, using Ray's piece of art.
You may help with retweeting: https://twitter.com/uqui80/status/619417842535018497
Let's see, if we get noticed finally.

Edit: I also submitted our Poloniex application. Let's see if they get back to us.
rough day for zeit. our strong foundation remains. dumpers a plenty if you want to pad your stack.

It's not just Zeit. EVERY LTC denominated coin has taken a "hit". Have you even seen LTC's rise? It's pretty insane, and there's a block halving coming up for LTC on top of that.

But if LTC were to take a huge correction vs BTC (like, a 50% haircut or more because dumpers), Zeit will definitely see some big gains. Count on it. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1092
LOL,
Now that plan sounds fun.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
You don't need a Ray to get in touch with Poloniex, uki.
We are a community - more than that - we are a knighthood. What I think about Poloniex doesn't matter.
However, we could annoy some exchanges if we tweet enough cat pictures to their official accounts.
Kind of a soft revolution.

Let's start with BTER  Grin  Grin

Edit: Btw.: DOS attack, like every single morning.
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
Can't say anything about other exchanges,

but Poloniex. They've never replied on any of our mails.
Don't get me wrong. We've tried it many times. Enough is enough.

Cheers,
Ray

Of course, you may get angry for not getting reply, but the question is, if I had to get angry for an exchange every time something goes wrong, e.g., notorious problems with deposits and withdrawals on one of our exchanges, I would have to quit altcoins for good many days ago. I am not defending exchanges, don't get me wrong. Most of them leave a lot to desire, but if we want to improve them we have to threaten them with the gun "no more volume, we have other place of decent volume to trade". that is the only language they understand. Otherwise, they would require 'one week of 100BTC volume' or similar BS. Just my 2 ZEITcoins for what is worth.
legendary
Can't say anything about other exchanges,

but Poloniex. They've never replied on any of our mails.
Don't get me wrong. We've tried it many times. Enough is enough.

Cheers,
Ray
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder

I do think that Ray needs to be the one to make official contact with these exchanges...

Poloniex is a red rag to me. Sorry.

Cheers,
Ray
Why?
Also, can't you say the same about any other, bigger exchange?
ps. I am against paying to get listed. ZEIT has enough quality and merits to be accepted anywhere.
legendary

I do think that Ray needs to be the one to make official contact with these exchanges...

Poloniex is a red rag to me. Sorry.

Cheers,
Ray

It's a bot on cryptsy taking the price down and holding it there for a profitable spread trade. Traders at the other markets are just following along like lemmings. Cheesy
Activity: 109
Merit: 0
Can someone please help. Thank advance

I follow options 2 for existing user... now my balance is zero
Sync complete, list of 220 transaction there but no balance
What can i do... wallet.dat still with me, is there way i can get back to normal?

Option 2: Fastest Way, Zeit Blockchain SnapShot
(After Download, Takes only a few hours to sync)

Filename:      ZeitBlockchainSnapShot.zip
MD5:            EF71B426E775293C9F8640A446C98EFA
SHA1:           9C168D36D4A508B7214213669AC98C01B8D65AB5
SHA-256:      FDFD3756019BB30E4F8CE5B2FC1D171B579B750BE3BE22403243CAA6C4FA3658
http://onlinemd5.com can be used to verify the above checksums.

Go to Any of the Following Links to get a SnapShot of the Zeitcoin Blockchain.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lp811r8c12jfc84/ZeitcoinBlockchainSnapShot.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tr3arkcz1swmka/ZeitcoinBlockchainSnapShot.zip?dl=0

Make sure Zeitcoin is closed
Go under
c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin (for Windows) or in the Zeitcoin data folder for other OSes
Then Delete 5  files :  .lock & blk0001.dat & blkindex.dat & db.log & debug.log
Then Delete 1 folder named : database
Then Unpack and copy the files from ZeitcoinBlockchainSnapshot into
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
Then open Zeitcoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the last snapshot.

Click on Help, click Debug Window, click Console,
type in repairwallet and hit enter, then check your Balance

If that fails to correct your balance,

From a Command Prompt run zeitcoin-qt.exe -rescan 
will take a little while but should correct your balance info.

Cool

Thank Kiklo
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1610
Well hello there!
202 latoshi's on cryptsy and 5 satohis on yobit.net, straight to da crappa the price has gone!
Also, it appears that there is a bit of liquidity at the BTC/Zeit Cryptopia market, at least on the ask side of the order book.
Poloniex has P2P LENDING and Margin trading, which are features that traders like. Being listed here will provide a number of other advantages other exchanges don't.

Please put in a request here:

https://www.poloniex.com/coinRequest

Rent-A-Ray, we're going to especially need you to put in the request and tick the box at this link saying you're the developer. We're going to need other Devs (if any) to also put in that application.  

According to their form
Duplicate entries will be deleted. Please only submit this form once. Thank you!

FYI:
This is the one last year, where I received no reply, also tried emailing them , no reply.
That is why I care so little for them, maybe Ray will have better luck if he tries it, but my suggestion would be that if you use Poloniex and want Zeit there bug Poloniex support, because in the end they are the hold ups. They could setup Zeit directly from the github, they don't need our permission or approval.
We can provide info like they should use the autorestart script for a 1st time install , but that is about it , the rest is up to them.

Cool

I do think that Ray needs to be the one to make official contact with these exchanges (and we'll have better luck if he's the one doing the contacting), given how he's our main developer. If I were an exchange, I wouldn't bother with adding a coin if the main Dev doesn't even put in an application. That should be the absolute minimum.

I'll pledge 1 Million Zeit to Ray's wallet if he makes it happen. Anyone else wana join in? Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1092
Poloniex has P2P LENDING and Margin trading, which are features that traders like. Being listed here will provide a number of other advantages other exchanges don't.

Please put in a request here:

https://www.poloniex.com/coinRequest

Rent-A-Ray, we're going to especially need you to put in the request and tick the box at this link saying you're the developer. We're going to need other Devs (if any) to also put in that application.  

According to their form
Duplicate entries will be deleted. Please only submit this form once. Thank you!

FYI:
This is the one last year, where I received no reply, also tried emailing them , no reply.
That is why I care so little for them, maybe Ray will have better luck if he tries it, but my suggestion would be that if you use Poloniex and want Zeit there bug Poloniex support, because in the end they are the hold ups. They could setup Zeit directly from the github, they don't need our permission or approval.
We can provide info like they should use the autorestart script for a 1st time install , but that is about it , the rest is up to them.

Cool

FYI2:
Danger of Margin Trading: (Don't like Margin Trading)
Margin trading on Poloniex is HIGH RISK. You may sustain a total loss of funds, or owe money beyond what you have deposited to your Account. The high volatility and substantial risk of illiquidity in markets means that you may not always be able to liquidate your position.

http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/poloniex-exchange-will-require-id-and-proof-of-identification-on-may-20th-2015/
Jump to: