Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 298. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
You replied just as I was adding the screenies.

Glad you've 'popped your cherry' Wink

FFS hold on to them!

With only ~40% more total coin supply than BTC, and only ~260,000 in circulation so far, this could get pretty crazy next year - not least coz IE is aiming at the bigger world, not the asylum that is BCtalk Wink
Activity: 147
Merit: 10
Lion, I have been mining Bytecent for over a day now and haven't gotten a single block. What's the average time for a block to be found? Even with the price of BYC being around $0.31 each, and even with CPU mining, I feel like I am wasting electricity right now. Should I keep on mining, or just give it up?

What are you mining with? (Check 'primes/second' under the mining tab)

My i7 (1760 p/s) is averaging about 4/day but my i5 lappy (570 p/s) hasn't scored in 3 days.

Don't quit - BYC is aiming WAY beyond the current cryptosphere and could be worth enough that 1 coin a week will be WELL worth mining for in the not-to-distant. As with Zeitcoin, look to the long term Grin

It's being suppressed right now by those who are afraid of it,(We all know how that feels!) but with only just over 1/4 million coins in circulation it won't be long before they are all in the hands of people who aren't dickheads. I have 2,300 so I'm actually a bigger bagholder there than here, thanks to having enough ICO coins to mine 24/7 with 3 CPUs in the early days when difficulty was low.

I just downloaded myself the bytecent wallet and started mining.  I have a 4790k at 4.6ghz and im only getting around 2200 p/s.  According to the bytecent site i should be getting more like 2500-2600 (there's a spot where people posted their results and someone with a 4770k at just 4.2ghz got over 2400 p/s).

Any ideas?  Oh well.  At this rate i can almost double my 11.7m zeit holding in 30 days (if my 10 sec calcs were right that is) Smiley

PS: How are you getting 4byc/day?  At my 2200 p/s (2100ish while surfing the web) it tells me i got 77 chains per day, putting that into http://byc.axel-b.fr/calculator tells me id get on average only 3.1byc/day and your p/s is a good chunk below mine.

Thanks.

The numbers on that thread are mostly from the early days, when the difficulty was lower - it does say there that they should only be used 'comparatively'. (Comparing various CPUs against each other)

Your actual rate also depends on what else you're using the PC for. Mine can vary from 1600 - 1850 these days depending on what else I'm doing.

Axls' 'mining calculator' is also known to be pretty inaccurate, I don't think he took increased difficulty into account either Sad
The devs are working on having an accurate mining calc included in the wallet for a future release, I believe.

One very important thing to get your head round is that solo-mining works very differently from pool mining - some days you'll get a few coins, some days you'll get none at all. Probably the biggest thing to understand is that BYC should NOT be thought of in the same way as ANY other coin out there.

We're breaking out of the box & aiming for the stars!

Do you know of ANY other wallet that's on Softpedia?

How easy was it to d/l, instal & start mining compared to any other coin you've ever mined?

Really, you should getcha ass over to coinblab for future support, this is the Zeitcoin thread after all Wink

Yeah i suppose.  I just havnt been mining or researching anything in the crypto world since earlier this year when mining started becoming less worthwhile.  Just holding onto my cryptos i earned before that for the future (zeit, doge, bts, ags and a few others i think).  I had just gone back a few pages and saw you mention these byc and figured wth, its a half way decent way to increase my zeit holdings. 

Though do you think i should just hold onto whatever byc i get?  Or trade it for zeit?  I intend to hold until if and when any of my holdings gain true value.

Oh and i earned a byc after the first approximately 1.5h's, hopefully i can keep up on that Smiley
Lion, I have been mining Bytecent for over a day now and haven't gotten a single block. What's the average time for a block to be found? Even with the price of BYC being around $0.31 each, and even with CPU mining, I feel like I am wasting electricity right now. Should I keep on mining, or just give it up?

My i7 (1760 p/s) is averaging about 4/day but my i5 lappy (570 p/s) hasn't scored in 3 days.

Don't quit - BYC is aiming WAY beyond the current cryptosphere and could be worth enough that 1 coin a week will be WELL worth mining for in the not-to-distant. As with Zeitcoin, look to the long term Grin

It's being suppressed right now by those who are afraid of it,(We all know how that feels!) but with only just over 1/4 million coins in circulation it won't be long before they are all in the hands of people who aren't dickheads. I have 2,300 so I'm actually a bigger bagholder there than here, thanks to having enough ICO coins to mine 24/7 with 3 CPUs in the early days when difficulty was low.

I just downloaded myself the bytecent wallet and started mining.  I have a 4790k at 4.6ghz and im only getting around 2200 p/s.  According to the bytecent site i should be getting more like 2500-2600 (there's a spot where people posted their results and someone with a 4770k at just 4.2ghz got over 2400 p/s).

Any ideas?  Oh well.  At this rate i can almost double my 11.7m zeit holding in 30 days (if my 10 sec calcs were right that is) Smiley

PS: How are you getting 4byc/day?  At my 2200 p/s (2100ish while surfing the web) it tells me i got 77 chains per day, putting that into http://byc.axel-b.fr/calculator tells me id get on average only 3.1byc/day and your p/s is a good chunk below mine.

Thanks.

The numbers on that thread are mostly from the early days, when the difficulty was lower - it does say there that they should only be used 'comparatively'. (Comparing various CPUs against each other)

Your actual rate also depends on what else you're using the PC for. Mine can vary from 1600 - 1850 these days depending on what else I'm doing.

Axls' 'mining calculator' is also known to be pretty inaccurate, I don't think he took increased difficulty into account either Sad
The devs are working on having an accurate mining calc included in the wallet for a future release, I believe.

One very important thing to get your head round is that solo-mining works very differently from pool mining - some days you'll get a few coins, some days you'll get none at all. Probably the biggest thing to understand is that BYC should NOT be thought of in the same way as ANY other coin out there.

We're breaking out of the box & aiming for the stars!

Do you know of ANY other wallet that's on Softpedia?

How easy was it to d/l, instal & start mining compared to any other coin you've ever mined?

Really, you should getcha ass over to coinblab for future support, this is the Zeitcoin thread after all Wink

P.S./E2A - Just did a screenie to show I'm not shittin' you

legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Ok, I'm confused. What does Mintcoin's issues have to do with us? Is it a problem unique to POS coins?

Zeitcoin is a Mintcoin fork. I don't think that every POS coin is affected by this issue.
This block above mark our transition to the second year with 20% interest. It's earlier than expected (2 month) and the chain will die after shifting to Level 2 ;-)
I wonder if we should shift it into February!?!

Cheers,
Ray
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Ok, I'm confused. What does Mintcoin's issues have to do with us? Is it a problem unique to POS coins?
Activity: 147
Merit: 10

I just downloaded myself the bytecent wallet and started mining.  I have a 4790k at 4.6ghz and im only getting around 2200 p/s.  According to the bytecent site i should be getting more like 2500-2600 (there's a spot where people posted their results and someone with a 4770k at just 4.2ghz got over 2400 p/s).

Any ideas?  Oh well.  At this rate i can almost double my 11.7m zeit holding in 30 days (if my 10 sec calcs were right that is) Smiley

PS: How are you getting 4byc/day?  At my 2200 p/s (2100ish while surfing the web) it tells me i got 77 chains per day, putting that into http://byc.axel-b.fr/calculator tells me id get on average only 3.1byc/day and your p/s is a good chunk below mine.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Maybe not a secret but it's the first I've heard about it.

Dunno what help you need but I stand ready.

Perhaps someone can write an explanation of exactly what the problem is? Those brief words on github mean nothing to me Sad

The more we know, the better we can counter FUD

Everyone's Coins are safe , it just freezes the network where nothing can be sent or received after
block #1051200 , there will be a new zeit wallet to keep this from happening.
Mintcoin is currently down so they are also researching the issue.
We got ~17 days to find the solution.
It will be a few days before we can nail down more details for the Upgrade Timeline.

Cool
OK guys,

It's not a secret anymore that Mintcoin Blockgeneration has stopped - and I fear we will have the same issue in 15+ days.
That's the bad news - I wish them good luck Sad

The good news, we have some days to fix this problem with a planned fork.
https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin/issues/7

Any help is welcome.

Cheers,
Ray

Maybe not a secret but it's the first I've heard about it.

Dunno what help you need but I stand ready.

Perhaps someone can write an explanation of exactly what the problem is? Those brief words on github mean nothing to me Sad

The more we know, the better we can counter FUD
legendary
OK guys,

It's not a secret anymore that Mintcoin Blockgeneration has stopped - and I fear we will have the same issue in 15+ days.
That's the bad news - I wish them good luck Sad

The good news, we have some days to fix this problem with a planned fork.
https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin/issues/7

Any help is welcome.

Cheers,
Ray

legendary
Activity: 1130
No good deed goes unpunished
LTC getting hammered after Doge halvening, good time buy some cheap LTC with cheap BTC and get your Zeit even cheaper  Cool

I'll wait a bit longer for the 100mil address thing, kinda like my position on rich list. Especially when I noticed 1bil coins have not been touched for 275 days, 2 addresses, and the 5bil wallet(s), which I know about since 10+ sat pump.

Question for Zeit Community,

Does the community want the option to have a multipool that mines the most profitable POW coins and then purchase zeitcoins and send to your zeit address.

Just wanted a few more posts, to confirm how the community feels about the multipool.
So far community has had negative feelings about one.

Cool

Provided it is not a piggy back onto wafflepool which robbed us of couple of weeks of mining 1st time around. Which in turn caused a dump since it became obvious that BTC was not going into Zeit Wink
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
First three Zarriors have been knighted. Well done.
All of you must do your duty till the brotherz and zisters are able to support you - starting in February 2015.  Tongue

I'll try to finish our explain video and the new website on the coming weekend.

_______ ___ _____ ___ ___ ___ _  _
|_  / __|_ _|_   _/ __/ _ \_ _| \| |
 / /| _| | |  | || (_| (_) | || .` |
/___|___|___| |_| \___\___/___|_|\_|

####################################
JOIN THE KNIGHTS, 1st February 2015

zeezus zeist, zimme a zreak Tongue
Activity: 588
Merit: 510
First three Zarriors have been knighted. Well done.
All of you must do your duty till the brotherz and zisters are able to support you - starting in February 2015.  Tongue

I'll try to finish our explain video and the new website on the coming weekend.

_______ ___ _____ ___ ___ ___ _  _
|_  / __|_ _|_   _/ __/ _ \_ _| \| |
 / /| _| | |  | || (_| (_) | || .` |
/___|___|___| |_| \___\___/___|_|\_|

JOIN THE KNIGHTS, 1st February 2015

I testify that I have verified the KnightStake for Rent-a-Ray.
legendary
does anyone know where to find a 32-bit linux binary ?
have trouble compiling the new wallet....

Tell us more, biscayne. There is no precompiled Linux binary, sorry.
I am able to compile win32 and MacOSX (Darwin).
What exactly is your trouble? May I help you?

Cheers,
Ray
legendary

Wah! Either feed the hamsters or grease the wheel, dude. That's a seriously underpowered CPU.

Core2Duo?

Intel Pentium B980 dual core. I think the term you Brits use is... cor blimey! Get it? Cor... Core? Get it? Funny, yes?

Wah! Either feed the hamsters or grease the wheel, dude. That's a seriously underpowered CPU.

Core2Duo?
legendary

Right now it is at 317 p/s. Well, from the sound of it I should get a block in a week or two.  Tongue
Question for Zeit Community,

Does the community want the option to have a multipool that mines the most profitable POW coins and then purchase zeitcoins and send to your zeit address.

Just wanted a few more posts, to confirm how the community feels about the multipool.
So far community has had negative feelings about one.

Cool

From what I've seen on whattomine, there AREN'T any profitable coins anymore unless you have some serious ASICs Sad

I like that block explorer!

Is that an addy for people to get in touch with me? I sent a test-mail anyway Wink

Do I get a groovey badge like yours?
Jump to: