Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 307. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
I just voted. That makes it 16 votes. In third position.

I think we just need to maintain 4th place or better to get listed.
Activity: 307
I just voted. That makes it 16 votes. In third position.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
The rules are clear. One vote only for each person. We need more CoinPayments votes.
Zeitcoinistas ... Go, Go, Go!

To vote:
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

After you vote on the CoinPayments site, they will send you 3 emails. One confirming the amount to send; one acknowledging your payment; and one for you to click on a link confirming your vote. This last one is important, otherwise your vote will not be registered. Check your emails!
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
JUST HOURS TO GO

Make sure that you confirm your vote by email, otherwise it won't be counted. People are voting but our score isn't going up.

Make sure the vote is clean. CoinPayments have ways to check double voting.

Zeitcoin CoinPayments Vote

• The vote ends on December 5, 2014 at 12:00:00pm (mid-day) New York Eastern Standard Time (EST)

• Each vote costs 0.001 BTC. Besides Bitcoin, you can use Litecoin and Dogecoin. The cost of a vote is roughly equivalent to 37 cents (US$0.37), €0.30 Euros, Chinese ¥ 2.30, or 23 pence (£0.23) GBP. Each token amount is donated to charity.

• If voting, make sure that you confirm your vote by clicking on the authorisation link which will be sent to you by email, otherwise it won't be registered. Allow for any transaction fee in sending the voting fee.

To vote:

To check the progress of the vote:
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote-thanks

Countdown timer showing the time left till the close of the CoinPayments vote:
https://countingdownto.com/countdown/time-left-to-vote-for-zeitcoin-on-coinpayments-05-december-2014-countdown-clock-0

Of course, the fact that we only have 13 votes is disappointing. Is there any way to vote more than once? What happens if I send more than .001 bitcoin? If I send in .02 bitcoin, would that give us 20 votes? Or do I have to vote 20 times and send to 20 separate addresses?

You send how much you want (It will be counted as ONE vote).
JUST HOURS TO GO

Make sure that you confirm your vote by email, otherwise it won't be counted. People are voting but our score isn't going up.

• The vote ends on December 5, 2014 at 12:00:00pm (mid-day) New York Eastern Standard Time (EST)

• Each vote costs 0.001 BTC. Besides Bitcoin, you can use Litecoin and Dogecoin. The cost of a vote is roughly equivalent to 37 cents (US$0.37), €0.30 Euros, Chinese ¥ 2.30, or 23 pence (£0.23) GBP. Each token amount is donated to charity.

• If voting, make sure that you confirm your vote by clicking on the authorisation link which will be sent to you by email, otherwise it won't be registered. Allow for any transaction fee in sending the voting fee.

To vote:

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/time-left-to-vote-for-zeitcoin-on-coinpayments-05-december-2014-countdown-clock-0

Of course, the fact that we only have 13 votes is disappointing. Is there any way to vote more than once? What happens if I send more than .001 bitcoin? If I send in .02 bitcoin, would that give us 20 votes? Or do I have to vote 20 times and send to 20 separate addresses?
I'm back after a while and the more I read the more it sound a little bit funny to me.
You make BIG plans, which are so far away from reality.
0.1$ Huh Right know Zeitcoin is worth 0,000003086956522$.
I would say lets calm down a little bit and be more realistic.
If we could perhaps help someone to buy a wheelchair that's a big deal right know.
If I wouldn't know Zeitcoin before I would say that's all the guys are pretty crazy.

+1

Even the peercoin community is further along than Zeitcoin is. In a way, all Zeitcoin is is peercoin with different stats and figures with an initial PoW stage.

Like he said, we have to stay grounded in reality here and focus on achievable goals. First we have to develop the infrastructure and economic ecosystem, and then we figure out a way to allow that system to be used for solving problems. 1c per Zeit is a pretty wild goal.Oour community can't even begin to compare to dogecoin's community. If we can rival Dogecoin's community, that would be a good start.
@Atronite

Don't be too concerned about Whales. They have a right to buy and sell as they choose. Spreading awareness of how good this coin really is and the community behind it, is a much better use of time (our German speakers might appreciate my use of 'time' here!  Wink).
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
I'm back after a while and the more I read the more it sound a little bit funny to me.
You make BIG plans, which are so far away from reality.
0.1$ Huh Right know Zeitcoin is worth 0,000003086956522$.
I would say lets calm down a little bit and be more realistic.
If we could perhaps help someone to buy a wheelchair that's a big deal right know.
If I wouldn't know Zeitcoin before I would say that's all the guys are pretty crazy.
@Steve and @Atronite

Whales are only those people who don't believe in a coin. Once they have a reason to believe, they become firm supporters and hold on. That belief can be measured by a disappearing sell wall. The price has been rising steadily for well over a month now. Check the chart out on Cryptsy.

Zeitcoins are perfect for all nations that have Internet access. Minting Zeitcoin Proof Of Stake takes very little effort; just opening the wallet to sync a few times a month. 25% interest in the first year can't be bad.

The price is rising, but we shouldn't be too to focused on that now. The price will take care of itself. The main thing is that we have a strong and capable community - even though our voices sometimes differ!

So you are right, it is about having firm supporters, and firm supporters will contribute to organic trading volume (both sell as buy side, since businesses typically sell their altcoin gains to pay their fiat and bitcoin denominated expenses while people would buy in order to gain access to a PoS coin that they can buy things with) just as the supporters of dogecoin and litcoin and bitcoin contribute to their large average trading volume.

But price IS a form of marketing, and large holders of Zeitcoin should play a part in ensuring that we have a STABLE price rise instead of huge price spikes followed by huge price dumps. These things only hurt our community. Nothing would be more disheartening to a newcomer than buying Zeit at 120 litoshi only to see the price fall to 50 a few days later. THAT hurts our growth as a community.

So we all like the price rise because it gives a sense that our purchasing power is rapidly increasing, but this just doesn't feel SUSTAINABLE. You know?

Again, I smell a whale behind this price increase just because a whale was involved in the LAST price increase just a couple months ago. It doesn't take a lot to increase Zeitcoin right now cuz Zeitcoin is THINLY TRADED (and yes, less than 1 BTC per day average volume COUNTS as thinly traded). THAT also hurts our growth as a community as well, not just price.
@ Kiklo, @Steve and @Atronite

Whales are only those people who don't believe in a coin. Once they have a reason to believe, they become firm supporters and hold on. That belief can be measured by a disappearing sell wall. The price has been rising steadily for well over a month now. Check the chart out on Cryptsy.

Zeitcoins are perfect for all nations that have Internet access. Minting Zeitcoin Proof Of Stake takes very little effort; just opening the wallet to sync a few times a month. 25% interest in the first year can't be bad.

The price is rising, but we shouldn't be too to focused on that now. The price will take care of itself. The main thing is that we have a strong and capable community here - respecting each other, pulling together, even though our voices may occasionally differ!

Well, regardless of what happens, I for one hope that if and when the value of Zeit begins rising again that the bagholders don't let greed overcome them and dump Zeit back down to oblivion again.

Well that's why we have the Zeitknights. Hopefully, enough of the "bagholders" will come out of the darkness, and then we can all talk and get to know each other and what have you and discuss what would be best.

After all, if even a 10% shareholder of a company were to dump their stock on the open market, that would severely reduce the value of the stock of the other 90% (at least in the short term).

As such, all of us "bagholders" need to find each other and basically act as defacto currency managers, providing the necessary liquidity on the MARKET (aka craptsy) in order to maintain a credible image. Too little liquidity and no business will adopt us because the price they sold for isn't the price they will get. Trading volume and liquidity is absolutely crucial to Zeitcoin's image, and someone has to provide a supply.

Actually, adding to the "idea pile", having our own unique exchange featuring ONLY Zeitcoin/BTC and Zeitcoin/LTC trading pairs on the Zeitcoin site wouldn't be a bad idea. The Zeitcoin foundation or Zeitknights would basically be able to get an income off the trading fees (not to mention staking), and we'd be able to use any profits to further other projects.

I'd be willing to fund and run the project myself, but i need legal, technical and community council to help me make it happen.   
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
It is a good idea to ensure we hang on to the bulk of our Zeit for now. Luckily there are still plenty available on the exchanges to more than fill a bag or two once more people get onboard the Zeit train.

For now, I fully intend to continue adding to my meager bag little-by-little.

Releasing smaller interest amounts back to the exchanges is a good idea as it will ensure a continual supply being available to everyone else. Afterall, our main goal is to be a globally available and accepted currency, and if there are only a few people hanging on to the bulk of the currently available supply, then we will be no better off than Bitcoin presently is in terms of availability to the common public.

Let's face it though, even with a total coinage of 90 billion, with the population of the earth teetering on 7 billion, that still doesn't leave much room for fair distribution of larger amounts. Now granted, there are some African, Central and South American, and Asian/Pacific Island tribes and nations that would likely never adopt a digital currency, and not every single man, woman, and child in the civilized world will either. But that still leaves the possibility of at least 3 - 4 billion people that would potentially have to share in the pot. So realistically, Zeit would have to be worth several hundred or even thousands of dollars each to even begin to be valuable to the masses at the Zeitoshi level. Either that or the prices of goods and services would have to come crashing down to pre-1950's levels while the value of Zeit remains above present day dollar "value".

Well, regardless of what happens, I for one hope that if and when the value of Zeit begins rising again that the bagholders don't let greed overcome them and dump Zeit back down to oblivion again.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
My Thoughts on Selling Zeit ,

Keeping all of mine til we hit $.01 , then will sell only the monthly interest , never my Base amount since it acts as a zeitcoin minter (Only way to mint zeitcoins). Because once we get some of the virtual / physical economy going ,
1 Zeitcoin =$1  , will not be far away.   Cheesy

Cool
OMG!

Looks like we could break 100 on craptsy today - without any kind of pump.

"The future is bright - the future is Zeit"
yep, we broke it already. New recent high is 107 litoshi. Up to 120 the road is still quite bumpy, but beyond that the sky seems blue, atm at least.

i get the feeling that the whale with 150 litoshi is probably pushing this. Don't get too excited and don't buy too many zeit too high. The real resistance and next push is gonna be to 117-120 like uki said. If you were smart and bought in the 50s and 40s or lower, take some profits now and sell a few litecoin's worth at these levels, even if it's just the staking interest from what you bought earlier.

Then put a buy order just above that big order of 150 litecoins near 70, or maybe a little higher. Even sell down to that level if you want to paint a picture of a "healthy correction" for the folks who like to read the charts. Technical analysis and chart reading is big thing for traders. Wink

Of course you can hold and hope the whale invests the necessary capital to bust through the 120 resistance level. But the higher we go, the greater the likelihood that someone else (not necessarily the whale) will decide they need the litecoins/bitcoins more than they need the Zeit and decide to dump a bitcoin's worth of Zeit or more.

It didn't take a whole lot to bring the prices up, and it sure doesn't take a lot to send prices crashing down either. Look at the LAST time we reached this level. It could happen again at this level, or the dump could happen at a higher level. It's your call to make, but its better to realize some profits now than to buy when prices are too high. =/

As for me, my trading capital is mostly litecoins right now because SOMEONE keeps buying out all my sell orders even at 99 litoshis. Of course I got those same Zeit at 60 so I'm not complaining. Tongue

I moved up what little Zeit I have left as trading capital to a sell orders at 117, which i got in the 80s.
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
just voted. #13, confirmed.
JUST HOURS TO GO

To vote:

uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
OMG!

yep, we broke it already. New recent high is 107 litoshi. Up to 120 the road is still quite bumpy, but beyond that the sky seems blue, atm at least.
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
OMG!

legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
LESS THAN ONE DAY TO GO

There are two votes that we are currently involved in. The vote to be on the CoinPayments merchants' platform, and the vote to be listed on BTER. Both would be big steps forward for Zeitcoin. The CoinPayments vote is the most pressing and ends soon. A countdown timer link is provided below. Your vote is needed! At the moment, we are in third position. Vote Now!

• If voting, make sure that you confirm your vote by clicking on the authorisation link which will be sent to you via email, otherwise it won't be registered. Allow for any transaction fee in sending the voting fee.

To vote:

Activity: 535
Merit: 500
voted on coinpayments  Cool
Jump to: