Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 334. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
NOTED

AllCrypt.com

WARNING light is code yellow

maybe going mintpal-goxish
so pull your coins
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

the Allcrypt Zeitcoin wallet is still disabled.

I'll look into it more when I get some time.
Oct 12 10:07
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AllCrypt Support (AllCrypt.com)
Oct 12 15:59
Um - if you cannot grasp the fact that we have no control whatsoever over Karma and CCX blockchains, I'd really like it if you wouldnt trade on AllCrypt.com anymore.

I'll look into zeit. If we are on the latest code there is no good reason that we are 70k blocks behind your wallet when you were running a full version number behind. I've deleted the blockchain and am re-downloading it.
-------------------------

Public Warning on AllCrypt Exchange

Trading with them is dangerous ,and their Tech Support is Rude & Very Slow to Respond 

Warning on them will stay active until they fix their internal issues , plus make an apology to groggin . 

Cool

legendary

Sounds good, when you are done testing, let me know and I will download the new wallet and redownload the blockchain from scratch, then post the new blockchain for the new wallet for download.

Cool

Can't get it synced properly. It fails on blocks >300000 (POW end?!?).
All blocks with XXXX98 at the end. Magical number?  Huh
A wallet restart helps, but that cannot be the solution for the masses.
I am working on it.

cheers,
Ray

No Hurry,
Your Efforts are Appreciated by everyone.
Once you get a copy that you are satisfied with.
Give me a download link and I will help test it.

Cool
Activity: 588
Merit: 510

Sounds good, when you are done testing, let me know and I will download the new wallet and redownload the blockchain from scratch, then post the new blockchain for the new wallet for download.

Cool

Can't get it synced properly. It fails on blocks >300000 (POW end?!?).
All blocks with XXXX98 at the end. Magical number?  Huh
A wallet restart helps, but that cannot be the solution for the masses.
I am working on it.

cheers,
Ray
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
I agree with Lion on this one. We should remove Allcrypt from the OP and advise anyone who has Zeit there to withdraw them, if possible, as quickly as they can. Then we can give them the benefit of the doubt that they will fix their issues and make it safe to trade there again. I'll personally stick with Cryptsy and Comkort for now.
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Sounds to me like All-Crap are rapidly heading for a MintGox situation Sad

I'd say pull them off the OP & advise not using them at all until it is absolutely certain that they are kosher. Don't we owe it to our faithful to be super-cautious about such things?

Wouldn't all our previous 3rd-party snafus been better mitigated had prompt, pro-active advice been issued, rather than waiting with fingers crossed that it would all work out OK in the end?

There are FAR too many 'bad actors' in the cryptosphere, and too much at stake to carry on blindly trusting in unknown humans.

legendary
Ok, I'm not the most up-to-date on techy crypto talk, so please interpret that to Engrish for me. Does that mean that Zeit is possibly forked because Allcrypt is running an incorrect version of the wallet? If so, does that mean that all Zeit is affected? Or just the coins that are on Allcrypt?
legendary
Activity: 1894
@groggin

Checking in :

Has AllCrypt resolved their issues yet?

Or will we need to put out a public warning on using zeitcoins with AllCrypt.

Thanks.

Cool

the Allcrypt Zeitcoin wallet is still disabled. i have been mulling over their last response, not too happy with it, i sent my latest reply just now, see it below. i think much depends on their response, let's see how it goes? thank you very much for the support!

Oct 11 13:58

Then zeit is horribly forked.

Our version is 2.0.1.2. If you are on 1.0.1, and are 70k blocks ahead of us, the coin is severely forked. Since you're on the old version I'd imagine you're on the fork and so is the block explorer.

I'll look into it more when I get some time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
groggin
Oct 12 10:07

hello
the zeit devs still say all's well

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9169621

i've upgraded to the latest wallet, and checked w/ the blockex, seems to indicate no problem also.

recently, Allcrypt has destroyed or deleted over 1 million of my karmacoins

plus over 13 million CCX

i never had a chance to even try to get my coins home, even though the blockchains were working OK on my end in both cases.

PLEASE make sure this won't happen again

thanks

drew
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct 12 15:59

Um - if you cannot grasp the fact that we have no control whatsoever over Karma and CCX blockchains, I'd really like it if you wouldnt trade on AllCrypt.com anymore.

When Karma forks, and the devs offer no assitance, it's obviously our fault.

When CCX dies, the dev quits, and the blockchain is borked (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584550.720) - obviously our fault.

If you feel it's an exchanges fault when a coin dies, and an exchanges responsibility to fix someone else's garbage coin, I am asking politely for you to please withdraw all coins and stop trading here.

I'll look into zeit. If we are on the latest code there is no good reason that we are 70k blocks behind your wallet when you were running a full version number behind. I've deleted the blockchain and am re-downloading it.
-------------------------

from me just now-

no, I know that the karma dev went on sabattical just when he was really needed. i also acknowledge that both blockchains were unreliable at the time, and CCX has now stopped/multi-forked. my objection is that i did not get a chance to attempt to claim the fruits of my labors. if you hadn't taken the wallets offline, i would have attempted to send and assumed the risk. (i was synched and up-to-date, both)
do you still have the coins? perhaps something can be arranged? obviously there's not a huge fortune at stake and it's not the end of the world, but i  would see a proper closure,  when ppl trust you with their money, you need to look out for them, too.

Hopefully there's some good news about Zeit?

Agreed.

(remember who was saying weeks ago that we were going too far too fast?)
legendary
Excellent Job on the Market Cap, we hit ~$115,000 .   Cheesy

We still have some foolish traders who want to sell lower, and they keep dropping Zeit's Market Cap.
And then we have to buy back up to fix their foolish ways.

We are way ahead of schedule with the market cap.
And don't really need to get it up into the satochi range until 2015.

So here is a thought, foolish traders want to sell lower so why don't we let them for the next month or 2.
Why don't we all drop back to 50 , & then only bid a max up to 60, that way it will be easier for us to load up on zeitcoins before the registrations in Feb. 2015 .

If they are dumb enough to give away a coin that will be worth a $1 for nothing , I say we let them.

Let this be our 1st vote , of current & future zeitknights.
Everyone planning to be a knight next year this vote includes you.
Just Post your Name Votes Yes or No to this idea.

Kiklo Votes Yes

Cool

P.S.
If Litecoin price drops below $3.35 we suspend this rule as long as it is below $3.35 .
legendary
@groggin

Checking in :

Has AllCrypt resolved their issues yet?

Or will we need to put out a public warning on using zeitcoins with AllCrypt.

Thanks.

Cool
I can't get on to any of the exchanges here at work, but I just checked crypto-prices.com again and Zeit is showing 4 sat!  Shocked Not sure what is going on , but there must be some crazy buying happening!

There have been some recent buys @ 4 on Comkort

- but VERY small volumes (several at 10 & 100 Zeit, biggest was 267)
legendary
I can't get on to any of the exchanges here at work, but I just checked crypto-prices.com again and Zeit is showing 4 sat!  Shocked Not sure what is going on , but there must be some crazy buying happening!
legendary

wow looks great! zeitcoin is in great hands

Thanx, podizzle, but I have no idea of what I'm doing here.
I am a source code thief.
We need a real coder and we need the counsel....

Cheers,
Ray

Still Impressed with your Talents.  Cheesy

Cool

Thanx, podizzle, but I have no idea of what I'm doing here.
I am a source code thief.
We need a real coder and we need the counsel....

Cheers,
Ray

legendary

Development update:

Wallet start < 1 min.
Disadvantage: Old blockindex is unusable, but it's no hardfork.

Cheers,
Ray

Cool
We already have BTC pairings on Lazycoins & Comkort, dude!

There were quite a few sells @ 2 on Comkort this morning.

(Proving there is still a moronic dynasty out there Wink )

Great work with the wallet, Ray Grin
legendary
Still showing 2 sat on crypto-prices.com!
Activity: 535
Merit: 500

Development update:

Wallet start < 1 min.

Cheers,
Ray

also cheers everyone to reaching 1 satoshi per zeitcoin again! BTC market soon anyone?

Development update:

Wallet start < 1 min.

Cheers,
Ray

Jump to: