Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 331. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
With respect kiklo, nothing has been agreed about your ideas, they are just as much suggestions for discussion as mine or anyone else's.

Personally I think 'sword & shield' are more fitting titles than 'cannon & shield', just for a start!

NOT convinced that 'gaming' is a good thing to get involved in either - there are many coins that have focussed solely on that from the start - indeed are already either working with games studios or developing their own games (BlakeCoin for one!).

Thunkest I that we need to find our own totally unique identity & 'soul' which will have mass-appeal.

But we have the time & space to hammer these out over the winter, and refine them, and perfect them.

No wukkers Wink

Why not a site centered around buying and selling 3D printing blueprints in much the same way that you can buy apps for your smart phone? 3D printing IS one of the featured technologies in the Z movies.

Sadly, I don't have any of the pre-requisite knowledge necessary to make it happen. Sad

Also, is there a link to the whole Zeit-knights thing yet, complete with all the info? I got 180m, looking to stabilize prices at current levels with more. Not sure if I should just quietly accumulate up to a target price point every once in a while, or if i should set a price floor and adjust lower depending on the sell pressure.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
With respect kiklo, nothing has been agreed about your ideas, they are just as much suggestions for discussion as mine or anyone else's.

Personally I think 'sword & shield' are more fitting titles than 'cannon & shield', just for a start!

NOT convinced that 'gaming' is a good thing to get involved in either - there are many coins that have focussed solely on that from the start - indeed are already either working with games studios or developing their own games (BlakeCoin for one!).

Thunkest I that we need to find our own totally unique identity & 'soul' which will have mass-appeal.

But we have the time & space to hammer these out over the winter, and refine them, and perfect them.

No wukkers Wink
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Don't care about the server costs. It's nothing towards the hours of work i've spent for this coin. Cheesy I wanna see this coin moving forward. (I think i speak in the behalf of Lion and Steve, too)
Besides i would like to thank beejay, BeholdTheTrueWake and flagged for their work in the past.

We should use this second chance on the #roundtable.
We were all naive beginners, while the creator left us for other projects. Now it's time to grow up.

cheerz,
Zay

You're really good with graphics Zay... Looking forward for Zeit to be the coin of 2015!
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Don't care about the server costs. It's nothing towards the hours of work i've spent for this coin. Cheesy I wanna see this coin moving forward. (I think i speak in the behalf of Lion and Steve, too)
Besides i would like to thank beejay, BeholdTheTrueWake and flagged for their work in the past.

We should use this second chance on the #roundtable.
We were all naive beginners, while the creator left us for other projects. Now it's time to grow up.

cheerz,
Zay

legendary
Activity: 1092

Both good points you made, Lion.
As for the first one, it is inevitable I believe. Most of the people swimming in the altcoin sea, came here for quick bucks. Most of them got burned and cashed out at loss, others stayed longer than expected, but will leave as soon as they will be close to break even. ZEITCOIN ain't different here, I am afraid. The question however is different, how to guarantee that we get new long-term members to replace those who left at 8 sat, if we ever get there?

The second issue is a bit tricky and somehow related to the first one. Imagine, you have someone with 500 Mill ZEIT (I wish that was me) that were bought at say 3 sat, for a whooping 15 BTC. You can easily become a #zeitknight with that, at first and any next recruitment event, but what is the guarantee your only motivation will be to break even and get out rather than further development of the coin?

I think the key question is - How do we set Zeitcoin apart from the crowd & make it more attractive to the people who DO have a more philanthropic view of life than the 'I-wanna-get-rich-right-fucking-now' leeches who currently plague the #cryptosphere.

One partial answer to that question is to ensure that the 'leadership' of the coin can be proven to be motivated by other than just short-term financial gain.

I think there has been some misunderstanding over my previous suggestion, over the amounts for sure. I didn't suggest any 'coz it was late & I didn't have the mental energy to work through any calcs, plus we haven't agreed how often applications could be made to the #ZeitKnights anyway.

So here's a ballpark example of what I had in mind...

Say we only recruit once a year. The January 2015 membership level is 100 million. By January 2016 minting will grow that to ~ 120 million, but the #zeitknight is pledged to tithe 10% of his/her mintings to the 'common purse' so that knight will have 118 million if they do nothing else.

So how about a condition that at the NEXT recruiting point, the knight is pledged to increase their holding by 50% of the NET amount they minted in the previous period?

That would mean that in order to retain their membership. the knight would have to increase their bag by at least 9% through purchases, hence (loosely taking the 5% annual decrease in interest into account) the 2016 entry level would be 127 million.

The main issue I believe you want to achieve is stability & a way to protect zeitcoin if their are any knights or major whales that dump therefore hurting out efforts.
The Cannon & Shield Portion of the Knights will be setting up defenses against dumping attacks, so that even if a few knights decide to cash out at 8 satochi or somewhere else. The Remaining faithful will be more than able to stop them. Will update the War room with more info on the cannon and shield in the next 2 days. As long as a knight hold 100 million zeitcoins , he will be part of the round table, it would be nice to keep that issue simple for everyone, and save the complex issues for the other projects.
So far:
1. We will have to add 1 million zeitcoins to the Zeit Faucet every Month
2. Starting next year , we will be paying for a 2nd enhanced Block Explorer
3. The Zeit interest that goes to the gaming division.
4. We should help Ray shoulder the Price burden of the web site, which he has been carrying alone.
5. The Sword & Shield will require funding by the knights , in something beside zeitcoins.
6. Whatever other projects come up to achieve our goals.

Cool

Edit : Agreed , Sword & Shield sounds Better
Activity: 588
Merit: 510
I've been on holiday for the last two weeks. Good to hear about consolidating functionality with regards to the new wallet, even though the present one works just fine - I don't really want to give it up, it performs that well.
The new wallet cannot speedup the syncing, but in my case it opens the wallet (indexing process) after 45 sec. (~15 Minutes with the old one).
Indexing time depends on the type of your filesystem, OS and the rpm of your hard drive.
Best results reported on NTFS with a fast SSD. But that's history, now.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
I've been on holiday for the last two weeks. Good to hear about consolidating functionality with regards to the new wallet, even though the present one works just fine - I don't really want to give it up, it performs that well.

Last night syncing with the network took approx 90 mins. Minting the lots of Zeitcoin interest due took just over another two hours to complete. Even though the new wallet promises to be faster, it's not bad really considering the length of time I've been away. For those who haven't tried it yet, opening your wallet to sync occasionally is all that it takes to be rewarded with lots of POS, Zeitcoin interest.

At one point, I noticed the number of active connections was an impressive 37, which beats the 36 high I've seen previously. Anyone spotted anything higher?

My fear is that even those who claim to be loyal supporters will dump as soon as the price gets anywhere close to 8 sats.
THOSE are the people we have to focus on making look very silly indeed.

Here's a suggestion for the #zeitknights (did you know that hashtag is already trending in quite a few places?)

- 100 Mill is the starting point for membership, but that stake level should GO UP - way beyond what would be gained by just minting - at every 'recruiting point', to ensure that the coin is always guided by people who are dedicated to it's LONG TERM success.

Thoughts?

As for the first one, it is inevitable I believe. Most of the people swimming in the altcoin sea, came here for quick bucks. Most of them got burned and cashed out at loss, others stayed longer than expected, but will leave as soon as they will be close to break even. ZEITCOIN ain't different here, I am afraid. The question however is different, how to guarantee that we get new long-term members to replace those who left at 8 sat, if we ever get there?

The second issue is a bit tricky and somehow related to the first one. Imagine, you have someone with 500 Mill ZEIT (I wish that was me) that were bought at say 3 sat, for a whooping 15 BTC. You can easily become a #zeitknight with that, at first and any next recruitment event, but what is the guarantee your only motivation will be to break even and get out rather than further development of the coin?

I think the key question is - How do we set Zeitcoin apart from the crowd & make it more attractive to the people who DO have a more philanthropic view of life than the 'I-wanna-get-rich-right-fucking-now' leeches who currently plague the #cryptosphere.

One partial answer to that question is to ensure that the 'leadership' of the coin can be proven to be motivated by other than just short-term financial gain.

I think there has been some misunderstanding over my previous suggestion, over the amounts for sure. I didn't suggest any 'coz it was late & I didn't have the mental energy to work through any calcs, plus we haven't agreed how often applications could be made to the #ZeitKnights anyway.

So here's a ballpark example of what I had in mind...

Say we only recruit once a year. The January 2015 membership level is 100 million. By January 2016 minting will grow that to ~ 120 million, but the #zeitknight is pledged to tithe 10% of his/her mintings to the 'common purse' so that knight will have 118 million if they do nothing else.

So how about a condition that at the NEXT recruiting point, the knight is pledged to increase their holding by 50% of the NET amount they minted in the previous period?

That would mean that in order to retain their membership. the knight would have to increase their bag by at least 9% through purchases, hence (loosely taking the 5% annual decrease in interest into account) the 2016 entry level would be 127 million.

This strategy would ensure that the common purse would have increased growth hence be able to support an increasing number of initiatives as time progresses.

I acknowledge that rules for MAJOR bagholder would need to be different, but I have RW shite to do this afty so I'll deal with that after we hammer out the basics Wink
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder

My fear is that even those who claim to be loyal supporters will dump as soon as the price gets anywhere close to 8 sats.

Here's a suggestion for the #zeitknights (did you know that hashtag is already trending in quite a few places?)

- 100 Mill is the starting point for membership, but that stake level should GO UP - way beyond what would be gained by just minting - at every 'recruiting point', to ensure that the coin is always guided by people who are dedicated to it's LONG TERM success.

Thoughts?

legendary

Thoughts?

The 100 mil is the starting requirement to be a ZeitKnight, that shows your dedication to the coin, but it will be the creation of the virtual / physical economy that will ensure Zeit's Long Term Success. One of the mandates of the ZeitKnights will require additional resources to help along other projects to create the virtual / physical economy for Zeitcoins.

Raising the stake level will punish those who arrive later and they will already be making an additional effort due to the price difference in zeitcoins. We can't have one batch arrive at 100 mil. zeit and then require 500 mil. from the second batch. All ZeitKnights must meet the same requirements to be fair.

Cool

legendary
Activity: 1148
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

Thoughts?

That's a very likely scenario indeed. Anyone bagholding over 100 million would make a nice profit, so I could see how that would be tempting (not for me though, my bag is more like a coin purse!  Grin)
I think if we hit $0.01 per Zeit that a lot of people will be regretting thier decision to dump. Of course, IF/when that happens we will see a lot of dumping from weak hands and the price will plummet yet again.

Possible ,
however once we get our virtual / physical economy in Full Swing, those plummets will be doubtful, as they will eat up any coins that drop in price very quickly. Once we get the virtual / physical economy going $1 per coin won't be too far behind and people will be able to dump all they want it will just flow into our circulating economy. All Dumpers will be like pebbles thrown into the ocean, barley noticed.

Cool

Thoughts?
legendary
I think if we hit $0.01 per Zeit that a lot of people will be regretting thier decision to dump. Of course, IF/when that happens we will see a lot of dumping from weak hands and the price will plummet yet again.

Possible ,
however once we get our virtual / physical economy in Full Swing, those plummets will be doubtful, as the economy will eat up any coins that drop in price very quickly. Once we get the virtual / physical economy going $1 per coin won't be too far behind and people will be able to dump all they want it will just flow into our circulating economy. All Dumpers will be like pebbles thrown into the ocean, barley noticed.

Cool

legendary
legendary
In the Wow , Zeit is Just Cool News.

Zeit's Market Cap hit ~$140,000 yesterday.
Over 6 times increase from our $22,000 market cap just a month or so ago.

We would have been on http://coinmarketcap.com/ 1st Page at #91.   Cheesy

But a Whale decided to give us his ~150 million zeitcoins ,
which we are slowly but surely digesting.
LOL  , Free coins thank you  Mr. Whale.
When we hit $1 per zeitcoin imagine how sad he will be.

Cool

legendary
CoinedUp is shutting down? Another one bites the dust!
FYI -

CoinedUp.com ‏@CoinedUp  Oct 16
[Status] Please withdraw your coin ASAP. We will begin shutdown procedures in about a week. Thanks.

IconicExpert ‏@IconicExpert  29m29 minutes ago
If you are interested in my crypto project, here is a brief teaser: http://goo.gl/ueaeoD  More detailed info to come soon.
legendary
Just received email from Comkort Support

Zeit Trading back Online.     Cheesy

Cool

just in -

AllCrypt Support (AllCrypt.com)
Oct 21 09:25

Still working on Zeit. The wallet has a corruption that is causing it to crash repeatedly. Problem being I need to continually restart it and try and extract the addresses before it crashes. It's a process, but I'll have it bacjk up soon.

I had a shufti at your torrent list, I already have most of them on my HD, but I see you have nothing about Agenda21 - which is even more scary that what was done before. Start HERE
Jump to: