Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 361. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Bryce Weiner?!!!

Maybe he will be at the CryptoCurrency Convention 2014 to be held later this year in London on 22nd October.
Great Russell St, London
WC1B 3DG
www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com for registration details etc.

Should be a good time to network!

It would be kewl if 'we' could get a couple of bodies to that conference - are you putting your name forward?

(I'm too far North for it to be financially efficient to attend)

Who else?

It's highly likely that I will be there. It would be good if you and other fellow Zeitcoinistas could be there too. Are you sure that you can't make it? There are some good rail/coach deals around at the moment. Check them out!

The Convention seems to be still looking for speakers. I could easily put something pertinent together and link it to Zeitcoin. Perhaps do a few interviews with leading crypto-coiners (I am a qualified journalist), at the same time making them aware of Zeitcoin and thinking of Zeitcoin angles. I could report back to this thread and open up something elsewhere - YouTube, WordPress etc. Journalists and other media types should be around sniffing out stories from the crypto-currency world. This could be a good opportunity for Zeitcoin.

Great stuff, "JB".
Unfortunately, right now it's just financially impossible for me to attend.

To confirm what we all suspected, I got this tweet a few minutes ago, from Mintpal -

We're removing the HVC, SPA, ZEIT and ZS markets on Sunday 10th August.

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Bryce Weiner?!!!

Maybe he will be at the CryptoCurrency Convention 2014 to be held later this year in London on 22nd October.
Great Russell St, London
WC1B 3DG

It would be kewl if 'we' could get a couple of bodies to that conference - are you putting your name forward?

Who else?

It's highly likely that I will be there. It would be good if you and other fellow Zeitcoinistas could be there too. Are you sure that you can't make it? There are some good rail/coach deals around at the moment. Check them out!

The Convention seems to be still looking for speakers. I could easily put something pertinent together and link it to Zeitcoin. Perhaps do a few interviews with leading crypto-coiners (I am a qualified journalist), at the same time making them aware of Zeitcoin and thinking of Zeitcoin angles. I could report back to this thread and open up something elsewhere - YouTube, WordPress etc. Journalists and other media types should be around sniffing out stories from the crypto-currency world. This could be a good opportunity for Zeitcoin.
So, who is willing to pledge material i.e. financial support (not now, when we have a new team) for the good of the coin, and the benefit of your own holdings? ... I know that after a)the russian rip-off & b) the multi-pool abortion (to name but two) there is precious little left in the pot ... I'm actually thinking we are better off, long term, by being 'beneath the radar' right now - coins like RZR, VRC, IOC etc, which do have big-budget teams behind them, are still being whale-humped to death right now ...
Time to stand up & be counted.

I'd be willing to contribute along with others to any worthwhile project, just as Solarian did way back with his wallet initiative. Of course consultation with Ray would be key to make sure that we are not treading on his toes. I was surprised though to hear that the 'Russians' were funded. I thought that their idea was far too premature. Regarding being humped by whales: from trading patterns on the exchanges, I believe that we have one in our midst already; one who holds a massive amount from almost day 1, which is churning out so much POS interest that he can afford to sell off quite cheaply on a regular basis. Marketing starts at home with our own troops. Convincing them is half the battle.

Solarian is/was sitting on billions of coins.  He's definitely someone to get on board if he's not the one dumping.  I was hoping he had some sort of plan for this coin considering he had so much invested, but he disappeared recently.

Solarion's contributions were superb (I've spelt his name right this time). I doubt whether Solarion had that many coins, even though certainly a large holder. He did have a vision and helped take Zeitcoin up to the next level e.g. the Zeitcoin wallet with advanced, coin-control capability. I sought out one of his earlier postings and clicked on his name. The stats reveal that his last posting was in May, although he was still around a few days ago!
Bryce Weiner?!!!

Great Russell St, London
WC1B 3DG

Who else?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1046
a problem is i can hire someone to make a 100% zeitcoin clone for .5btc

Where is the problem, we are 99,9% mintcoin (with mintication and an an unlock menu button)?
Latest Wallet was latest mintcoin source. Most of the coins are clones - and you need no 0.5 BTC. Maybe 0.1 BTC.

But after cloning you have to bring it to all major exchanges etc, BCT with people which trust in... That's the big problem.
Bryce Weiner?!!!

Great Russell St, London
WC1B 3DG

(It's late & I've had a few voddies)

(and been giving it quite a bit of the old 4:20)

Maybe all we need to do is get Bryce Weiner to tell people it's a terrible coin & people should get out. That pretty much guarantees a 10x pump Wink
Activity: 211
So, who is willing to pledge material i.e. financial support (not now, when we have a new team) for the good of the coin, and the benefit of your own holdings? ... I know that after a)the russian rip-off & b) the multi-pool abortion (to name but two) there is precious little left in the pot ... I'm actually thinking we are better off, long term, by being 'beneath the radar' right now - coins like RZR, VRC, IOC etc, which do have big-budget teams behind them, are still being whale-humped to death right now ...

I'd be willing to contribute along with others to any worthwhile project, just as Solarian did way back with his wallet initiative. Of course consultation with Ray would be key to make sure that we are not treading on his toes. I was surprised though to hear that the 'Russians' were funded. I thought that their idea was far too premature. Regarding being humped by whales: from trading patterns on the exchanges, I believe that we have one in our midst already; one who holds a massive amount from almost day 1, which is churning out so much POS interest that he can afford to sell off quite cheaply on a regular basis. Marketing starts at home with our own troops. Convincing them is half the battle.

Solarian is/was sitting on billions of coins.  He's definitely someone to get on board if he's not the one dumping.  I was hoping he had some sort of plan for this coin considering he had so much invested, but he disappeared recently.

Good point, but all open source coins are prone to being cloned. Maybe we should build some unique, hidden 'junk DNA' into Zeitcoin that doesn't affect function. That could be copyrighted to protect the coin to a certain extent. Quark have done this. But could you hire/clone committed community members of the same calibre as we have at Zeitcoin - yourself included?  Smiley

Don't think any one of us could be bought for .5BTC

Loyalty is priceless!

Good point, but all open source coins are prone to being cloned. Maybe we should build some unique, hidden 'junk DNA' into Zeitcoin that doesn't affect function. That could be copyrighted to protect the coin to a certain extent. Quark have done this. But could you hire/clone committed community members of the same calibre as we have at Zeitcoin - yourself included?  Smiley
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
ZIET is a powerful brand, and has a ready made community that will get it.

a dev would be nice but this wallet is already very good. 

"The Zeitcoin wallet is stable, reliable and easy to install. It has advanced coin control. Zeitcoin is also fast!"

let's sell that, because it is true.

I also think the name is fine, but the brand is not. (my emphasis - Bainbridgej)

Your thoughts, or anyone's thoughts on why the brand is not fine, and how we can improve it.

Positioning is fundamental to a brand. Ideally, people should think of Zeitcoin as one of the top three when it comes to crypto-currencies (Reiss and Trout). Although we are far from that, currently Zeitcoin does stick in the mind for some relatively, minor reasons: it is at the end of the alphabet on any list; it is, by far, one of the least expensive; and it has more pages and contributions on Bitcointalk than many other coins - even those that are well established.

More importantly, Zeitcoin is one of a few cryptos that are fully POS. It out-performs the other POS coins that I hold in terms of delivering Proof of Stake interest. The Zeitcoin wallet is stable, reliable and easy to install. It has advanced coin control. Zeitcoin is also fast!

While the prices of most of the other established altcoins have been falling dramatically, Zeitcoin's price has held to around the 20 Litoshi figure. I believe that, while the alt-coins are in a state of Limbo, we should build added value into Zeitcoin to make it that little more unique and customer-focused. Commissioning a coder to produce an Android wallet could be one way to take us another step closer to joining the crypto-currency premier league.

We should also be thinking of who our most likely, potential, fellow Zeitcoinistas are - where we can find them - and how we can reach them to spread the good word about Zeitcoin. In my opinion, Zeitcoin is the hidden gem in the crypto-currency world. Over to you.

Absolutely agree with everything you said.

All that I'd add is, if we do get an android wallet, we also need some way of using it - which means a clone of something like VeriBit (allows anything billed in BTC to be paid in VRC)

I'm actually thinking we are better off, long term, by being 'beneath the radar' right now - coins like RZR, VRC, IOC etc, which do have big-budget teams behind them, are still being whale-humped to death right now. By just 'hiding on the bottom' we may get the time & space to re-group, find leadership, raise some funds & ADAPT TO WHAT PROVES TO WORK from other coins this year (rather than try to compete with all the wild 'innovations' that are being tried in order to 'break through'.)

But here's the crux - To me, it makes perfect economic sense to 'give away' a portion of my bag if that is going to help increase the value of the coin by more than I 'spent'. But if no-body else can see that, or worse do see it but just want to leave it up to everyone else to dig deep, then HOW do we raise the dosh for developments?

I know that after a)the russian rip-off & b) the multi-pool abortion (to name but two) there is precious little left in the pot.

So, who is willing to pledge material i.e. financial support (not now, when we have a new team) for the good of the coin, and the benefit of your own holdings?

I'd like to start the bidding at 10%.
I also think the name is fine, but the brand is not. (my emphasis - Bainbridgej)

Your thoughts, or anyone's thoughts on why the brand is not fine, and how we can improve it.

Positioning is fundamental to a brand. Ideally, people should think of Zeitcoin as one of the top three when it comes to crypto-currencies (Reiss and Trout). Although we are far from that, currently Zeitcoin does stick in the mind for some relatively, minor reasons: it is at the end of the alphabet on any list; it is, by far, one of the least expensive; and it has more pages and contributions on Bitcointalk than many other coins - even those that are well established.

More importantly, Zeitcoin is one of a few cryptos that are fully POS. It out-performs the other POS coins that I hold in terms of delivering Proof of Stake interest. The Zeitcoin wallet is stable, reliable and easy to install. It has advanced coin control. Zeitcoin is also fast!

While the prices of most of the other established altcoins have been falling dramatically, Zeitcoin's price has held to around the 20 Litoshi figure. I believe that, while the alt-coins are in a state of Limbo, we should build added value into Zeitcoin to make it that little more unique and customer-focused. Commissioning a coder to produce an Android wallet could be one way to take us another step closer to joining the crypto-currency premier league.

We should also be thinking of who our most likely, potential, fellow Zeitcoinistas are - where we can find them - and how we can reach them to spread the good word about Zeitcoin. In my opinion, Zeitcoin is the hidden gem in the crypto-currency world. Over to you.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
So let's stay with the name and develop our own brand of Zeitgeist. I'd like to do some proper volunteering, but won't be active until September-ish. I'm currently building a workshop and repairing a large, old house in the countryside. I can only pay rushed, flying visits here at the moment. However, I do have marketing skills, have ran a medium-sized business and can put business plans together reasonably well.

Maybe we should apply to Max Keiser's Startjoin to fund any viable ideas that we may come up with - an Android wallet for instance.

I also think the name is fine, but the brand is not.
For non german spearkers ZeitCoin sounds cool i think.

legendary
Activity: 1092
FYI:

Mintpal exchange Zeitcoins Deposits are currently stalled.

Deposits have been pending since yesterday.

Support tickets unanswered.

Cool
So let's stay with the name and develop our own brand of Zeitgeist. I'd like to do some proper volunteering, but won't be active until September-ish. I'm currently building a workshop and repairing a large, old house in the countryside. I can only pay rushed, flying visits here at the moment. However, I do have marketing skills, have ran a medium-sized business and can put business plans together reasonably well.

Maybe we should apply to Max Keiser's Startjoin to fund any viable ideas that we may come up with - an Android wallet for instance.
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
I like the progress so far. I know altcoins are not doing so well these days, but with active community support we'll get there one day. I think we need to stay with the current name and build things upon it. We don't have to depend or relying on TZM's blessing.
Some good stuff coming out - encouraging Grin

Think the hardest part will be deciding what constitutes 'community approval' for any changes, as the active community seems to be about 6 of us these days. Easiest way might be to just put up a list & give a time limit for objections to be discussed, like the 'NY rules for BTC'.

The only 'feature' I've come across that MIGHT be worth incorporating one day is an equivalent to 'VeriBit', which SHOULD have been a game-breaker for VeriCoin already - but they're being whale-humped even worse than we were. (Anyone else think there is a 'silent conspiracy' amongst the old guard to keep ALL promising alts nailed to the floor?)

Don't think Zeit/USD is of much use though - most of us are European or British hence LazyCoins is my bet for a future 'favoured exchange'. I've even got buy orders for Zeit in freakin' DOGE over there! (Thanks to 'playing the game' @ http://usepnd.com/)

I'd be happy to put my name forward for at least one of the social media channels - preferably FaceBook.

After the death of my #1 motherboard, I'm not doing ANY gpu mining anymore (certainly not in summer!), but am hoping to be heavily asic-powered by the start of winter. If that comes together I'll get the price stable on a Zeit/BTC pairing - 2 or maybe 3 satoshi with healthy buy-support - by late spring 2105, on my own.

But I still want to make full use of the year-two minting before I even think about actually SPENDING any of my stash!

-remember we haven't even issued 1/3 of the total coins yet, these are still very early days indeed compared to most. We are the custodians of a sleeping giant which has just as much chance of becoming the silver to the bitcoin gold as any other, and much more than most (TittyCoin? FFS!)

Jump to: