Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 362. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
I agree with Ray that the name is not the issue. It is the association with TZM that the original dev was striving for. Once we got essentially blacklisted by TZM we no longer had the "global backing" that I think he was hoping to get. It really is a black eye for our coin to be even assumed to be in association with TZM without an official statement of acceptance (which we will never have from them).

There are some great ideas being kicked around now. We can call this our "replanning phase" of operation.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1046
I personally think, that the name is our smallest problem.

We're having a lot of others.

1. We have no manpower behind the coin - active community is very small. There is no development at the moment. Let us change this.
2. Altcoinmarket is sleeping: there is LTC, DRK, Doge, BC and BTC. Solution as a community: One little trade a day - No need to push the price, we want to show the world that we are active.
3. We need some ideas, a leader and/or a voice of zeit. (maybe a good looking girl with a zeit youtube channel or a blogger and ZEIT supporter  Grin )
4. Sometimes i think, i am the only zeit-miner at Hashco.ws. This is a good scrypt based multipool. Get your ASICs in.
5. (i cannot talk about this point - it's a wonderful idea but i have to check it out first)

The advantages of zeitcoin are plain: Ultrafast Transactions, low energy and easy to use.

Edit: If that all is done, we make usecryptos to our homebase with a ZEIT/USD market. A long way .....
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
I tend to agree with a name overhaul, but as Ray has pointed out, there is a lot of work involved. Do we have anyone with the ability, time and inclination to do it, if agreed?
Activity: 211
... "Zeitgeist" is more than suitable for this coin ... just my 2 cents.

If that is the most practical solution, I would agree with you. "Zeitgeistcoin" for my 2 Zeitgeistcoins is more preferable than simply "Zeit", even though it is an extra syllable to say. Zeitgeistcoin also emphasises the feel-good factor that comes along with English language associations with the word "zeitgeist" - the vibrant spirit, or mood of the time.

If agreed by all, how easy would it be to universally replace the word "Zeit" with "Zeitcoin" throughout the forums and on the exchanges? Zeitgeistcoin emphasises where the coin is coming from.

Also, another 2 Zeitcoins worth - could "Zeit" to be abbreviated simply to "Zt"? That's just my 4 Zt altogether!

Honestly I don't think a lot of people know what Zeitgeist is and it will deter people from investing.  I think even changing it to Zcoin would be better.  Then we can get rid of all relationship to Zeit, Zeitgeist etc, but maybe we can still use all the old stuff without having to modify anything to much?
... "Zeitgeist" is more than suitable for this coin ... just my 2 cents.

If that is the most practical solution, I would agree with you. "Zeitgeistcoin" for my 2 Zeitgeistcoins worth is more preferable than simply "Zeitcoin", even though it is an extra syllable to say. Zeitgeistcoin also emphasises the feel-good factor that comes along with English language associations to the word "zeitgeist" - the vibrant spirit, or mood of the time.

If agreed by all, how easy would it be to universally replace the word "Zeitcoin" with "Zeitgeistcoin" throughout the forums and on the exchanges? Zeitgeistcoin emphasises where the coin is coming from.

Also, another 2 Zeitgeistcoins worth - could individual units be abbreviated simply to "ZGC"? That's just my 4 ZGC altogether!
legendary
This is a lot of damn work.
We need some people for that. I did most of the design shit and website, Client (with beejay). But i have a lot of RL work at the moment.

What we need is:

Webdesigner
C++ Developer (Client)
Guys for the social media
New URL
Good Connections to all big Exchanges etc...
A new name and a new direction
a new coinlogo
(and a lot of things more....)

Zeit is the german word for time. So we could change the direction completely, but "Zeitgeist" is more than suitable for this coin. Zeitgeist is not TZM.
It's efficient, it's green, it's fast. <-- That is Zeitgeist.

just my 2 cents.
Hmmm ... for me Zeit sounds too much like another word that might have negative associations (Sh***); a word that has been used in this thread before. Semiotics are important!

First, let's establish some firm ground: is a name change feasible? Ray, what do you think?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
if u wana leave zeitgeist then still keep coin shortname ZEIT

and call coin ZEIT (without zeitgeist movement)

zeit=time

and there can be lot explaination why this is the coin name
best of all would be the truth

we tryed to convert the zeitgeist movement idea into cryoto world because not supportted by the movement we decided to switch name towards ZEIT only to make clear we not linked to the zeitgeist movement

- Disconnect from the Zeitgeist Movement: despite the coin was innitialy intended to support the movement, the movement didn't really supported the coin and being a "not official coin for something" is not good.

I have actually been thinking about this a bit lately. If you google "Zeitcoin" one of the results is an "official" statement from some member of TZM stating all kinds of nasty things about the coin and how they don't support it and that we were never and will never be sanctioned by them and blah blah blah. They seem to have some imagination in believing that the world will ever accept a completely resource-based economy. I always thought they were more about an economy that moves away from fiat currency and into something more fairly distributed. Cryptocurrencies seems to me to be the next logical move. But according to that guy, they fully expect the world to let go of all of its greed and move directly from fiat to resource-based. Good luck with that!
I am all for a complete disconnect in any way from them. If it wouldn't be such a pain in the arse to do, I would even suggest we change the coin's name to something different.
Agreed.  Rename/Rebrand.  Get rid of the name "Zeit."  Initially it wasn't a bad idea, but it wasn't bought into, so we should go a different direction.

Best ideas I've heard so far.
Rename. Rebrand. Identify our target market and reach out. Build extra value into the coin e.g. secure checkpoints on every block. Establish an inventory of resources - volunteers and skills. Establish a dedicated development and marketing strategy. Create unique advantages.

This coin is certainly the easiest to use of all the POS coins I have - minting payments are consistent and come through far more quickly. Any suggestions for a new name?
Agreed.  Rename/Rebrand.  Get rid of the name "Zeit."  Initially it wasn't a bad idea, but it wasn't bought into, so we should go a different direction.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

- Disconnect from the Zeitgeist Movement: despite the coin was innitialy intended to support the movement, the movement didn't really supported the coin and being a "not official coin for something" is not good.

I have actually been thinking about this a bit lately. If you google "Zeitcoin" one of the results is an "official" statement from some member of TZM stating all kinds of nasty things about the coin and how they don't support it and that we were never and will never be sanctioned by them and blah blah blah. They seem to have some imagination in believing that the world will ever accept a completely resource-based economy. I always thought they were more about an economy that moves away from fiat currency and into something more fairly distributed. Cryptocurrencies seems to me to be the next logical move. But according to that guy, they fully expect the world to let go of all of its greed and move directly from fiat to resource-based. Good luck with that!
I am all for a complete disconnect in any way from them. If it wouldn't be such a pain in the arse to do, I would even suggest we change the coin's name to something different.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
I thought we could came up with a small store or marketplace accepting only zeitcoins.
Since zeitcoin now don't have much value, we should sell simple/cheap information services or products, like designs, websites, ebooks etc.
With the store we should do some marketing and the coin price will probably rise to something useful, opening more possibilities for new merchants and more attention.

What you guys think?

That's what the Russian guys promised.

They got quite some hefty donations from the community to help them do it.

And it didn't happen.

"Once bitten, twice shy"?
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
I thought we could came up with a small store or marketplace accepting only zeitcoins.
Since zeitcoin now don't have much value, we should sell simple/cheap information services or products, like designs, websites, ebooks etc.
With the store we should do some marketing and the coin price will probably rise to something useful, opening more possibilities for new merchants and more attention.

What you guys think?
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Hello everyone,
i'm Egidio from useCryptos, and as i said in my talks with rent_a_ray, i'm a supporter of zeitcoin myself.
I do not support the coin because i own some, but the other way arround, i own some because i see potential here.
So i'll just post here what i think that might help:
- Zeitcoin's speculation is over so, looking for new exchanges with the same ways of buying coins will not add anything. New ways of buying zeitcoin might help IF the coin has something to call attention.
- Coins need acceptance of merchants and service providers, a coin that no one accept in trade for products and services is no coin at all. We should try to get zeitcoin added in coinpayments for example (usecryptos is also developing a gateway).
legendary
Activity: 1894
 open source means cryptos belong to the (someday to be free) people of the world, not governments, not copyright holders. but corporations are made of ppl , and have equal rights of ownership ...
 i am watching a coin [WAM] in the process of being taken over by a corporation, but it is no joy, as they seem do be doing absolutely nothing except offending the mining community.
 well that's it for todays weather report  Roll Eyes, take care
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
I'm just an investor not a job seeker.  I have no idea what to do, I'm just trying to understand what is being done.

Now you know it !  Tongue
We have no idea, too.

Amen to that, Bro.

We have a solid, honest, fast-transaction coin that's actually far more suitable than Bitcoin for real-world transactions. We have holders who actually care about more than just lining our own pockets.

I don't think we need to do anything urgently.

But I would like to see movement in the direction of re-establishing our PURPOSE.

Being community-driven hasn't worked,

Hence 'leadership' seems to have become a necessity.

As I've said many times before, I'm happy to work for, or with, or in support of, ANY person or group who can take this thing to the 'next level'.

I'm 'not bad wiv wurds' Wink but I do not have the skills or experience in either technical development or digital marketing to do more than be a good foot-soldier.

Like the vast majority of YOU.

That’s Not My Job

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. 

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.  Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.  Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job.  Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it.  It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.
legendary
I'm just an investor not a job seeker.  I have no idea what to do, I'm just trying to understand what is being done.

Now you know it !  Tongue
We have no idea, too.
If someone have the power to do it. Why not? If Community thinks it's better to have a leader, i have no problem.
Do you think it is funny for us seeing this coin dying? Lion, Beejay, Steve, some others and me engaged while it was dying.
It was not our purpose to do this forever. All we did was helping out - with the idea of an active community. But it was a bad idea.
We spent a lot of work and hours for this project. All we've got was a roundhouse kick from all sides.

I agree with you.  I personally think it's better to have one leader just to streamline decision making.  I'm not trying to take away from anything you have contributed.  I'm an investor/bagholder that saw a lot of potential in the team here including yourself.  I bought in and have continued to buy in as the price decreased because I know there are people here who have not given up on this coin.  That is something that a lot of coins don't have.  I'm just trying to get a grasp of the current situation, and understand what barriers are preventing progress from being made.

Well, i ask you - what should we do? Do you want to help as a (the) leader? Let's start an experiment and let us see what's going on in the next 3 months.
Zeit is one of the most honest coins out there: No scam, minimum pre mining, very low transaction delays and POS only. Can you sell this advantages to the people? Let us know!!!
We need people with experience. People which are able to enchant possible investors.

legendary
If someone have the power to do it. Why not? If Community thinks it's better to have a leader, i have no problem.
Do you think it is funny for us seeing this coin dying? Lion, Beejay, Steve, some others and me engaged while it was dying.
It was not our purpose to do this forever. All we did was helping out - with the idea of an active community. But it was a bad idea.
We spent a lot of work and hours for this project. All we've got was a roundhouse kick from all sides.

I agree with you.  I personally think it's better to have one leader just to streamline decision making.  I'm not trying to take away from anything you have contributed.  I'm an investor/bagholder that saw a lot of potential in the team here including yourself.  I bought in and have continued to buy in as the price decreased because I know there are people here who have not given up on this coin.  That is something that a lot of coins don't have.  I'm just trying to get a grasp of the current situation, and understand what barriers are preventing progress from being made.

Well, i ask you - what should we do? Do you want to help as a (the) leader? Let's start an experiment and let us see what's going on in the next 3 months.
Zeit is one of the most honest coins out there: No scam, minimum pre mining, very low transaction delays and POS only. Can you sell this advantages to the people? Let us know!!!
We need people with experience. People which are able to enchant possible investors.

I agree with you.  I personally think it's better to have one leader just to streamline decision making.  I'm not trying to take away from anything you have contributed.  I'm an investor/bagholder that saw a lot of potential in the team here including yourself.  I bought in and have continued to buy in as the price decreased because I know there are people here who have not given up on this coin.  That is something that a lot of coins don't have.  I'm just trying to get a grasp of the current situation, and understand what barriers are preventing progress from being made.
Jump to: