Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 371. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Feel like a winner. Someone dumped all 'em Zeit to fill my order. Took me a few times to withdraw them from MP @ 50 mils each.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1046
Howto kill this coin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/howto-kill-any-100-pos-coins-owning-less-than-1-of-all-coins-604716

Others have posted more vulnerabilities (too many to patch).

I know your article, thank you for sharing, again. Good Work.
I am sure, it's possible to kill every coin. Crypto world is in an early alpha state.
Nobody knows how many open source developers are paid by the NSA. (paranoid mode) Lips sealed
Have look at the OpenSSL code... It looks really confusing for a lot of good coders.

Others have posted more vulnerabilities (too many to patch).
Yes, but not all of the vulnerabilities are limited to POS coins, eh?
We are a 99,9% Mintcoin clone, Mintcoin is a PPC Clone.
When one coin dies, a lot of other coins will die...

It's a bad world and we need more people like you - more Crypto-Snowdens.  Wink

It's not easy to kill a coin. Why? It is still alive.
If someone tries to kill ZEIT, we will start ZEIT 2.0. If the people trust in ZEIT i am expecting no problem to fork.

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
There was too much of a buzz about Zeit, it was bound to crash.

Lots of talk about an ordinary coin usually equals shills and pre-dump rhetoric.

The PoS didn't work either, at least not for me, and that was despite opening the wallet every day.

Buy Dimecoin, it's small, not hyped, cheap, and has a future based on cautious moves and committed support from a minority.

read the Zeit rhetoric earlier in the thread ... so very typical of a coin that is floating on hot air.

In saying that, it had nice design.

Talk about being a shill. You come in here and bash ZEIT while promoting DIME, which you also have linked in your signature as proof that you are a talking piece for that coin. And you have no room to say anything about pre-dump rhetoric when your coin's dev dumped his premine and abandoned the coin. Our dev left for personal reasons, but he never dumped the premine. He used it for giveaways and giveaways.
+1 Steve.
We have the power to delete the troll's posts,
but we are community. Everybody should have an opinion, but claiming that Zeit POS is not working makes me facepalming.

Well, all I can say is that the Zeitcoin POS wallet has worked well for me. Two substantial mintings so far, with more due later this month and early next. Lots of coins simply for opening and unlocking my wallet every now and then. You did unlock yours to allow minting didn't you?

Yes of course I unlocked my wallet, I ended up with greyed out unconfirmed payouts.

But I sold after that anyway, maybe it would have fixed itself.

What you have described is a perfectly normal occurrence that happens occasionally to all POS coins. It simply means that another node has generated a block within a few seconds of yours. What happens then is that the transaction will not be accepted and will become greyed out. Others will then be generated shortly afterwards until one connects with your wallet. Within a short period of minting you will eventually receive a block that will confirm your POS interest. The Proof of Stake amount will be isolated from your balance and after maturing for 50 blocks, your original stake amount will appear back in your balance along with the amount of coins due to you in interest. The unaccepted block/s will become greyed out and appear in your Transactions list together with the accepted block. Reference to them is retained as a matter of record.

Greyed out transactions did occur during my second minting, but within a few minutes other blocks were generated until one became accepted. Within 30 minutes of minting my interest coins were happily residing in my wallet. Your assumption that "... maybe it would have fixed itself" is correct, but I suspect you knew that already. That's how POS coins do work. I thought it odd that you chose to try to criticise Zeitcoin on its wallet, which is one of its strengths - and a credit to Zeitcoin's current Development Team.

Regarding hype, I disagree with you. Zeitcoin has not, to my knowledge, been overly hyped. Just the opposite and that was one of the reasons that attracted me to this coin in the first place. I made a comment to that effect in one of my earlier postings.

Your posting reveals your true intent - to lure Zeitcoin holders away to the coin that you are promoting. Your signature claims that Dimecoin is: "Revolutionary". "$$$$$$" signs follow seemingly promising riches as does the Dimecoin website. Revolutionary? Quite some hype for a coin that by its own admission was originally designed to be just another "pump and dump" coin. The promise of riches? - a rather extravagant claim I would think in the circumstances. So who is doing the hyping?

Dimecoin also proclaims that it "is closely related to Quark" and can be mined "using a CPU with a Quark type miner." I have a lot of respect for Quark. If Dimecoin is simply a copy of Quark then there might be legal problems ahead in that parts of Quark have been copyrighted. If the SHA-3 concoction chosen by Dimecoin veers away from Quark's e.g. in using the NSA developed and controversial Secp256r1 curve, as other coins have done, then there might be a gaping backdoor in the Dimecoin wallet - and who wants an exploitable backdoor in their wallet? http://chrispacia.wordpress.com/2013/10/30/nsa-backdoors-and-bitcoin/ Dimecoin do mention the U.S. Government’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) involvement in their coin. Quark, I believe have gotten around this problem by using a different sep curve in light of NSA revelations.

Finally, there is a body of opinion growing that Proof of Stake (POS) is the way forward in the cryptocurrency world. Proof of Work (POW) mining in comparison is expensive. It is also becoming riskier. Some POW based coins seem to be complacent about possible attack and the loss of control. If it is ever referred to at all, it is commonly called 'the 51% attack' when in actual fact these type of attacks can be achieved at very low percentages. The maximum security from a mining attack ever achievable is less than 33%: Ittay Eyal, Emin Gun Sirer [2013] (arXiv:1311.0243 [cs.CR]) http://arxiv.org/abs/1311.0243 for the summarised version.

To underline this, there is a serious move to try to hard fork Bitcoin into becoming a POS coin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ai-coin-development-diary-584719

Rather than getting too bogged down, it boils down to this: I believe that your criticism of Zeitcoin is unjustified and ill-informed, if not purposefully mischievous. People in glass houses should not throw stones.
Activity: 644

Lots of talk about an ordinary coin usually equals shills and pre-dump rhetoric.

The PoS didn't work either, at least not for me, and that was despite opening the wallet every day.

Buy Dimecoin, it's small, not hyped, cheap, and has a future based on cautious moves and committed support from a minority.

read the Zeit rhetoric earlier in the thread ... so very typical of a coin that is floating on hot air.

Talk about being a shill. You come in here and bash ZEIT while promoting DIME, which you also have linked in your signature as proof that you are a talking piece for that coin. And you have no room to say anything about pre-dump rhetoric when your coin's dev dumped his premine and abandoned the coin. Our dev left for personal reasons, but he never dumped the premine. He used it for giveaways and giveaways.

Yes, I know he dumped his premine. Dimecoin had to struggle on from that point. We don't even know his identity.

I'm not a shill for dimecoin, I just recommended it based on price and it having a small following.

Zeit was always going run into problems, coming at the time it did (after Mint). Fair enough, it didn't help with so many coins getting stolen from Cryptorush and then Coinex.

Well, all I can say is that the Zeitcoin POS wallet has worked well for me. Two substantial mintings so far, with more due later this month and early next. Lots of coins simply for opening and unlocking my wallet every now and then. You did unlock yours to allow minting didn't you?

Yes of course I unlocked my wallet, I ended up with greyed out unconfirmed payouts.

But I sold after that anyway, maybe it would have fixed itself.
legendary

+1 Steve.
We have the power to delete the troll's posts,
but we are community. Everybody should have an opinion, but claiming that Zeit POS is not working makes me facepalming.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Not even close to dead, Brother Grin

Stick around and see what happens towards the end of Summer!
End of summer?  You had said end of year.  You have some great plans that soon? Smiley

I've suggested that rough time-scale to the devs & been told it's not unreasonable. But y'all know these techy types Wink

@BainbridgeJ - Please call me again, I didn't get your number last time.
I just took out all the current 23 and 24 sell orders on Mintpal, and bit into those at 25. I wouldn't mind if the price dropped even lower so that I could be more effective in taking away the 'marbles' of the person/persons who is/are doing most of the dumping.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Any help we could get would be greatly appreciated. We could definitely use some more marketing and promotion of the coin and community. And we could always use some buy orders on the exchanges. The coin is far from dead. From the get go we have been smothered by dumpers on the exchanges. And now that ZEIT has been moved to the LTC market is the perfect time to buy cheap and make the dumpers wish they had played a better game and used the coin as an investment like it was best suited for instead of dumping us down to 1 satoshi in order to make a few quick bucks.

End of summer?  You had said end of year.  You have some great plans that soon? Smiley

Maybe a few of us should get together with Lion and thrash out a few ideas? The coin, in my experience, works well. I like the wallet. I believe there is a marketing and perception issue, which I could help with in the not too distant future  Wink
Activity: 147
Merit: 10

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

Activity: 224
I think it's dead Huh Huh Huh

Did someone sell all of his coins? That hasn't been a good idea.

Wasn't even a whole lot on MP - 24 Hr Volume 7.151 LTC  Shocked

This coin is dead.
legendary
Activity: 1404

Wasn't even a whole lot on MP - 24 Hr Volume 7.151 LTC  Shocked
legendary

Jump to: