Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 396. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

What are the specifics of the long-term plan that sets this coin apart from other cryptocurrencies vying to be alternatives to government fiat?

Which other cryptocurrencies are you referring to? The ones that are obvious pump and dump scam coins? The ones with 10 million coin caps where there will never be enough coins in existence to be a truly viable option? Or how about the coins with decent values where the majority of the coins are held by a very small group of people (sounds kinda like the U.S dollar, right?)?

While it is true that there are quite a few people holding huge amounts of Zeit right now, there are only a few who are genuinely supportive of the long term outlook of the coin. There are way more people who are short sighted and are only looking to take advantage of the relative ease with which the coin was mined in it's early stages and are quick to take advantage of any price increase to dump the coins for profit. Maybe those people will tire of the constant low value and dump and move on to the latest pump and dump scam coin of choice. Then the supporters of the coin will have more available on the exchanges, and with the community member's continued support and advertisement, more people who support the Zeitgeist ideals will gain interest and start buying them up.

The community also supports helping projects such as charities, non-profit organizations that benefit mankind, and improving technologies. And of course, we would want Zeitcoin to eventually be accepted as a form of payment at businesses, like how Bitcoin is now. You want more information, then visit www.forum.zeit-coin.com and see what ideas we have for the coin. Better yet, if you have ideas, feel free to share them there.

+1

People do remember that this is an open source community and it is what we make of it, right?
Contributing skills/ideas and enlightening yourself to the Zeitgeist culture will be much more rewarding than collecting coins, no doubt. There are some here who expect to sit back in hopes that others are planning and building Zeitcoin for them. The more that people begin to look at this as a movement and not just a payoff, the more it'll evolve.
Be a part of that evolution.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1046
I've been away a bit.  Is the new Mac wallet working?  I think I still have 1.0.1.0, or whatever it was.  If yes, where can I get it?
Thanks!

http://www.zeit-coin.com 64Bit for MacOS Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

FaSan 64Bit Build (running on outdated Snow Leopard and above)
CLICK
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
I've been away a bit.  Is the new Mac wallet working?  I think I still have 1.0.1.0, or whatever it was.  If yes, where can I get it?
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

What are the specifics of the long-term plan that sets this coin apart from other cryptocurrencies vying to be alternatives to government fiat?

Which other cryptocurrencies are you referring to? The ones that are obvious pump and dump scam coins? The ones with 10 million coin caps where there will never be enough coins in existence to be a truly viable option? Or how about the coins with decent values where the majority of the coins are held by a very small group of people (sounds kinda like the U.S dollar, right?)?

While it is true that there are quite a few people holding huge amounts of Zeit right now, there are only a few who are genuinely supportive of the long term outlook of the coin. There are way more people who are short sighted and are only looking to take advantage of the relative ease with which the coin was mined in it's early stages and are quick to take advantage of any price increase to dump the coins for profit. Maybe those people will tire of the constant low value and dump and move on to the latest pump and dump scam coin of choice. Then the supporters of the coin will have more available on the exchanges, and with the community member's continued support and advertisement, more people who support the Zeitgeist ideals will gain interest and start buying them up.

The community also supports helping projects such as charities, non-profit organizations that benefit mankind, and improving technologies. And of course, we would want Zeitcoin to eventually be accepted as a form of payment at businesses, like how Bitcoin is now. You want more information, then visit www.forum.zeit-coin.com and see what ideas we have for the coin. Better yet, if you have ideas, feel free to share them there.
Activity: 224
+1. Where are you getting the 1 satoshi from? It's selling for 2 on Mintpal and 3 on Bittrex. Yes, not big numbers by any means, but like was stated before, this is still a young coin. And it was never designed to be a short term investment to make millions of dollars. Patience grasshopper.

So, what is the long-term plan?

Hmmm... part of me wants to write a long drawn out analysis, but the other part of me doesn't want to be late for work. So I will say for now that one of the long-term plans is to be a viable option for fiat currency. Afterall, isn't one of the best things about cryptocurrency the fact that they are not regulated (controlled) by any governments like fiat currencies are?

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
I have version v2.0.1.2. Archive checksum that I downloaded a while ago matched current checksum in webpage. Mining reward isn't even 1 coin now? Not even just for tx fees? Earlier I was able to solo mine and get 1 coin per block, but now I get only accepted boooo shares Cheesy So, with this, mining of any kind has ended, right?

Correct. This is now a pure PoS coin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I have version v2.0.1.2. Archive checksum that I downloaded a while ago matched current checksum in webpage. Mining reward isn't even 1 coin now? Not even just for tx fees? Earlier I was able to solo mine and get 1 coin per block, but now I get only accepted boooo shares Cheesy So, with this, mining of any kind has ended, right?
Activity: 189
HARDFORKED to fully POS
Congrats...

For all those who are using old wallets, please update now...

Ray

What's the latest version?
legendary
+1. Where are you getting the 1 satoshi from? It's selling for 2 on Mintpal and 3 on Bittrex. Yes, not big numbers by any means, but like was stated before, this is still a young coin. And it was never designed to be a short term investment to make millions of dollars. Patience grasshopper.

Hmmm... part of me wants to write a long drawn out analysis, but the other part of me doesn't want to be late for work. So I will say for now that one of the long-term plans is to be a viable option for fiat currency. Afterall, isn't one of the best things about cryptocurrency the fact that they are not regulated (controlled) by any governments like fiat currencies are?
legendary
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
where are the mining pools?

Going strictly by the cryptsy and mintpal charts, is this a dead coin?
Not at all. Many just have extremely short attention spans.
Trade volume: under $500 per day
Number of coins: "too many" (20 billion, give or take) and growing "too fast" (25% for the first year)
Price follows the above, giving you the 1 satoshi rate we're seeing.

My thoughts? Yes, ZEIT is pretty much dead. There are so many other coins out there that have gathered more interest, and if no one is interested in a coin then it really serves little purpose.

That's certainly what it looks like. Still, I was curious if there was any turnaround story likely on this front - any new developments around the corner? I think that would pretty much settle whether it's alive or dead.
legendary
HARDFORKED to fully POS
Congrats...

For all those who are using old wallets, please update now...

Ray
Activity: 429
lol... I'm apparently not high enough to think any of this is a good idea
Keep trying..lol
I actually just sold most of my zeit the other day to fund another project.
I hope this does well but I'm pretty much out.
Activity: 308
lol... I'm apparently not high enough to think any of this is a good idea
Also, more coins makes it harder for a couple whales to push the price all over the place, like some other coins that seem to be custom engineered for optimal manipulation.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
Number of coins: "too many" (20 billion, give or take) and growing "too fast" (25% for the first year)

My thoughts? Yes, ZEIT is pretty much dead. There are so many other coins out there that have gathered more interest, and if no one is interested in a coin then it really serves little purpose.

I disagree with this.  The point of cryptocoins is to be a replacement for fiat.  Let's get real for a minute... Do we really think something like 42 coin is going to catch on mainstream??  Not a chance. Only 42 coins available in the entire world?  Good luck splitting that up between billions of people.  Who would want to deal in everyday transactions with that amount of decimals?

To me, there needs to be a lot of coins if this thing is ever going to be truly used and not just a "collector" item.
legendary

Flawed arguments are flawed. The number of coins minted need not be guessed at or generalized. It's exactly 27428309200.095898 right at this second. PoW phase is over and with the huge number of coins on exchanges there are not a lot of coins being minted. The monetary inflation rate is quite low. Where can you buy for 1 satoshi? I'm on that. I too would like to see Zeitcoin adoption expand, but these things take time.
Jump to: