Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 421. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
If it's just an error and not causing any other problems you could just try to ignore it. Coin control is enabled under:

settings > options > display
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
Backup your wallet. Then go to:

help > debug window > Console

Type: repairwallet

Did that, got the following response:
{
"wallet check passed" : true
}

Then I shut down the wallet and then turned it back on. Same error.

If that doesn't do it and you're still minting with your current setup then I suggest you transfer each block to a rebuilt setup as each block mints. This will be difficult if you ARE using a wallet version without coin control.

dang typo bug ;p

Yea, it still mints and everything, just takes a really long time to open up.

Do you have any guides you can point to so I can learn how to do this?

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

Please be careful. Coin control is a powerful feature. You can shoot yourself squarely in the foot with it if you're reckless.

Where is the coin control feature? I got zeit wallet 1.0.2 but can't seem to find the setting.

A shame that there doesn't seem to be a better solution for the below error:

"warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or wallet address book entries might be missing or incorrect"
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1046
I only had to speak up because being the person who originally built the coin, and seeing the time line, I felt a little left out. A dev is a dev, but a community makes a coin.  And you guys have a great one!

Cheers!
Good to have you with us coindevcc.
Awesome job with the pool.

Gn8,
Ray

{
}

If that doesn't do it and you're still minting with your current setup then I suggest you transfer each block to a rebuilt setup as each block mints. This will be difficult if you ARE using a wallet version without coin control.

dang typo bug ;p

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

Please be careful. Coin control is a powerful feature. You can shoot yourself squarely in the foot with it if you're reckless.

{
}

dang typo bug ;p

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
That's funny, I don't see me there and I built the coin? I believe a new dev took over about 2-3 weeks after release.

It's called open source. It's a derivate of mint :-)
There wasn't any activity for a long time, so we decided to do something.
I got no response from ZC in skype, so we (the zeitcoin community) tried to improve ourself.
Sorry for those hard words, but there should be more progress.

I believe our improvements are needed and important.
ZC will love it, i am sure.

Note: The main dev is called flagged... you can get in touch with him.
Join our forum and sorry again for the chaos.

Greets,
Ray

I completely agree, I was really only hired to make the coin for a quick couple $$, I would have liked to stay on with it.
Don't worry about the harsh words, I really am very very glad that you guys made this coin into what it was. I only had to speak up because being the person who originally built the coin, and seeing the time line, I felt a little left out. A dev is a dev, but a community makes a coin.  And you guys have a great one!

Cheers!

{
}

dang typo bug ;p
legendary
That's funny, I don't see me there and I built the coin? I believe a new dev took over about 2-3 weeks after release.

It's called open source. It's a derivate of mint :-)
There wasn't any activity for a long time, so we decided to do something.
I got no response from ZC in skype, so we (the zeitcoin community) tried to improve ourself.
Sorry for those hard words, but there should be more progress.

I believe our improvements are needed and important.
ZC will love it, i am sure.

Note: The main dev is called flagged... you can get in touch with him.
Join our forum and sorry again for the chaos.

Greets,
Ray

{
}

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
to be fair: It is definitively NOT FaSaN's fault. We decided to modify the POS ending time.
Keep cool everybody.

Any particular technical reason for doing this? I hope this is not a bruised ego/spite thing. The changes that FaSan made were requested long before his involvement. Coin control is far more than a neat feature for a PoS coin.

I've notify the pull request on the github about my mods. The devs can add the CoinControl feature simple to the future releases.

FaSan

Hi FaSan,

there is no need to add it. It was added before your release.
Let us know which version you had modified. (and which fork)

Thanks in advice.

http://www.image-load.net/users/public/images/8yRMD0DYoD.png

I'd backup and try wallet repair before sacrificing coin age with a move.

How do you do that? Is there a page with instructions you can refer me to? I hope it's nothing too complicated. Sad I've tried doing some searching, but no luck finding something that works.

PC wallet is 1.0.1, so i hoped that going to 1.0.2 would make it go away, but no such luck.
I'd backup and try wallet repair before sacrificing coin age with a move.
Guys, I keep getting this error:

"warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or wallet address book entries might be missing or incorrect"

I am getting this on my PC, so i created a backup and installed a new zeit wallet on my laptop, then imported the keys into the new wallet. However, I still get the above error.

Should I give up on the staking and move all my zeits into a new wallet and start over from day 0? I got about 7m zeit at the moment. Wallet does eventually open, but it takes a long time. Right now I just keep the zeit wallet on PC open all the time.

Please help.
legendary

Hi FaSan,

This is the git published on zeitcoin official website :

https://github.com/zeitcoinmovement/zeitcoin

If you still to use another I don't have extrasensory powers.

FaSan

Smiley

Ok, that is our fault, i agree. Keep cool and sorry.
I believe there is no problem with your wallet. It should has no POW end time. good to know. Thank you for this information.
Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Hi FaSan,

This is the git published on zeitcoin official website :

https://github.com/zeitcoinmovement/zeitcoin

If you still to use another I don't have extrasensory powers.

FaSan
Really appreciate all the hard work you've put into this coindevcc. Do you know at this point if the pool will support sha hashes once completed?

Hell yes, of course it will!

I have 11th directly under my control and I have a commitment from a private concern that's agreed to hit the zeitcoin pool with 90th when work is completed and sha implemented. Grin We could make blackcoin look like a slacker.
legendary
to be fair: It is definitively NOT FaSaN's fault. We decided to modify the POS ending time.
Keep cool everybody.

Any particular technical reason for doing this? I hope this is not a bruised ego/spite thing. The changes that FaSan made were requested long before his involvement. Coin control is far more than a neat feature for a PoS coin.

I've notify the pull request on the github about my mods. The devs can add the CoinControl feature simple to the future releases.

FaSan

Hi FaSan,

Thanks in advice.

Keep cool everybody.

FaSan

Ty for your excellent work on this. I for one will not be downgrading to a version without coin control. ...or one with out of date OpenSSL implementation, even if the potential risks posed by hearbleed are small.
Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Keep cool everybody.

FaSan
Jump to: