Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 608. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
It means I realized if you're willing to lose a fan of Zeitcoin then the everything is clear how to be friends it help donation to various funds and promotes the idea of ​​how to help a fan of so will go up hence invite your community Zeitcoin I even see your side

we can never be sure what you are saying
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
It means I realized if you're willing to lose a fan of Zeitcoin then the everything is clear how to be friends it help donation to various funds and promotes the idea of ​​how to help a fan of so will go up hence invite your community Zeitcoin I even see your side
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
this 21btc buy wall is pissing me off Sad i wanna buy at 1sat and then it must shoot up to 10 hahah sigh

This!

and

FYI, we're looking into an issue with payouts, it should be resolved shortly.  Thank you!

Payouts are running again!

please implement worker disconnect algorithm to maintain sub 30% network hashrate

This too would be really great.
Would need to average out the net hashrate over a period of time ofcourse though, net rates fluctuate so much for all the reasons I'm quite sure you know Smiley

The bigger problem is that no other pools are even advertising in the thread here!  They should be doing more to put themselves in front.  It's tough when we not only have to handle the maintenance of our pool, but also add code to make it smaller? Sad

As for any risks of a fork, there's an exceedingly low chance of this happening.  I think people are scared of what happened with DogeCoin, but that was specifically due to some bugs in the wallet code that made the fork survive.  Half the pools/exchanges were on one wallet, and the other half were on another.

We'll continue to monitor things, and if we see anything dangerous happening then we'll shut off a couple of our stratum servers temporarily to bounce people to other pools.  That's the easiest way, since writing our own worker banning algorithm would take a LOT of work.

this guy, i like this guy! need more people like him in this game. Smiley

Agreed. I can only recall seeing HashStrike active in this thread (I don't follow many coins) and he's been exceptionally good and active.

The points made are entirely valid, it's not the job of ONE POOL to manage the hashrate of entire currency.
The problem does still exist though, regardless of what the possibilities are of a single pool having such a large percentage of the hashes, it doesn't look good and just adds more ammo to the FUD spreaders.

Those here who CBA, could you (along with myself) try to contact the other pools and get try to convince them to be more active here.
I really want to jump on Hashstrike to support them due to Tri's presence here but I won't because of hash balancing, but I know there are plenty of others who won't think twice about joining them and exasperating the issues.

unfortunately this is a problem that will only be solved with mechanisms in place
most miners dont have any allegiance to the coin they mine

we could solve this on two fronts to prevent corruption
both miner software and pool software needs to be network hashrate percentage aware and have mechanisms to alert or force action
since some coins have difficulty adjustment interval as low as 30 seconds, automatic forced action would be the better default choice

would be amazing to have that. sounds like some innovation waiting to happen  Smiley
this 21btc buy wall is pissing me off Sad i wanna buy at 1sat and then it must shoot up to 10 hahah sigh

This!

and

FYI, we're looking into an issue with payouts, it should be resolved shortly.  Thank you!

please implement worker disconnect algorithm to maintain sub 30% network hashrate

Would need to average out the net hashrate over a period of time ofcourse though, net rates fluctuate so much for all the reasons I'm quite sure you know Smiley

The bigger problem is that no other pools are even advertising in the thread here!  They should be doing more to put themselves in front.  It's tough when we not only have to handle the maintenance of our pool, but also add code to make it smaller? Sad

As for any risks of a fork, there's an exceedingly low chance of this happening.  I think people are scared of what happened with DogeCoin, but that was specifically due to some bugs in the wallet code that made the fork survive.  Half the pools/exchanges were on one wallet, and the other half were on another.

We'll continue to monitor things, and if we see anything dangerous happening then we'll shut off a couple of our stratum servers temporarily to bounce people to other pools.  That's the easiest way, since writing our own worker banning algorithm would take a LOT of work.

Agreed. I can only recall seeing HashStrike active in this thread (I don't follow many coins) and he's been exceptionally good and active.

The points made are entirely valid, it's not the job of ONE POOL to manage the hashrate of entire currency.
The problem does still exist though, regardless of what the possibilities are of a single pool having such a large percentage of the hashes, it doesn't look good and just adds more ammo to the FUD spreaders.

Those here who CBA, could you (along with myself) try to contact the other pools and get try to convince them to be more active here.
I really want to jump on Hashstrike to support them due to Tri's presence here but I won't because of hash balancing, but I know there are plenty of others who won't think twice about joining them and exasperating the issues.

unfortunately this is a problem that will only be solved with mechanisms in place
most miners dont have any allegiance to the coin they mine

we could solve this on two fronts to prevent corruption
both miner software and pool software needs to be network hashrate percentage aware and have mechanisms to alert or force action
since some coins have difficulty adjustment interval as low as 30 seconds, automatic forced action would be the better default choice

This!

and

could you point me in the right direction, i dont think it would be very complicated
Activity: 182
I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

This!

and

FYI, we're looking into an issue with payouts, it should be resolved shortly.  Thank you!

The bigger problem is that no other pools are even advertising in the thread here!  They should be doing more to put themselves in front.  It's tough when we not only have to handle the maintenance of our pool, but also add code to make it smaller? Sad

As for any risks of a fork, there's an exceedingly low chance of this happening.  I think people are scared of what happened with DogeCoin, but that was specifically due to some bugs in the wallet code that made the fork survive.  Half the pools/exchanges were on one wallet, and the other half were on another.

We'll continue to monitor things, and if we see anything dangerous happening then we'll shut off a couple of our stratum servers temporarily to bounce people to other pools.  That's the easiest way, since writing our own worker banning algorithm would take a LOT of work.

Activity: 112

This!

and

FYI, we're looking into an issue with payouts, it should be resolved shortly.  Thank you!

The bigger problem is that no other pools are even advertising in the thread here!  They should be doing more to put themselves in front.  It's tough when we not only have to handle the maintenance of our pool, but also add code to make it smaller? Sad

As for any risks of a fork, there's an exceedingly low chance of this happening.  I think people are scared of what happened with DogeCoin, but that was specifically due to some bugs in the wallet code that made the fork survive.  Half the pools/exchanges were on one wallet, and the other half were on another.

We'll continue to monitor things, and if we see anything dangerous happening then we'll shut off a couple of our stratum servers temporarily to bounce people to other pools.  That's the easiest way, since writing our own worker banning algorithm would take a LOT of work.

Activity: 252

This!

and

This!

and

since difficulty adjusts every block, you would need to do it every block
an attack could be done in the moment network hashrate drops dramaticly

or you could have it over a time period but with immediate response to > 45% of network hashrate
Activity: 182
I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

This!

and

Activity: 770
Merit: 501
like seeing someone put in that 48,000,000 buy @ 3 on mintpal very nice.
Can anyone please tell me how to set up my Zeitcoin wallet for POS?  Thanks.

Open your wallet
click help
then click debug window
Click console tab
input the following text
walletpassphrase yourpassword 9999999999999 true
999999999999 is the amount of second you would like your wallet to stay unlocked for

*doesn't always have to be unlocked, just from time to time so that it can update.

So I've done this, and it tells me in the console it's unlocked, but I still get the "Info:Minting suspended due to locked wallet." message in the bottom left. I also seem to be unable to connect to more than one active connection. Any ideas?

Great coin so far, been mining since the launch so got a nice little stock pile I'd like to get some POS on.

i've noticed that as well, the message may remain, but it's unlocking it. POS should start in a few days, coin launched on March 1st. as far as the connections, did you update the nodes?

Ah so it is unlocked, that's good to know, thanks.

I can't remember doing it, I've had a busy few weeks moving my company. Had a quick look on OP and saw nothing, where would I find the info for the nodes I need to add and how to add them? First time trying a POS coin so no idea.

i'm assuming your using windows. are you using the old wallet v1.0? you can check in the wallet Help>About Zeitcoin. If so, you need to update to v1.0.1.0 can be found here
http://www.zeit-coin.com/
follow the instructions carefully.

Yeah I updated to the newest wallet when it first came out so I'm on V1.0.1.0. Strangely, just after my last post, it got a second connection so hopefully it was just my crappy wifi.

Thanks a lot for your help

Ha ok, no problem.  Grin
when is the next halving?

we should have a counter for noobs like me Smiley

go in your wallet, Help->Debug Window

enter getinfo in command line

take the "blocks" number and divide by 2880

this will give you the number of days live,
remove the number of days for the previous weeks and you have the number for how many days in this week you are

7 - that number = number of days left

41059 / 2880 = 14.257

14.257 - ( 2 * 7 ) = 0.257

7 - 0.257 = 6.743 days until next block reward halving
Activity: 126

Open your wallet
click help
then click debug window
Click console tab
input the following text
999999999999 is the amount of second you would like your wallet to stay unlocked for

*doesn't always have to be unlocked, just from time to time so that it can update.

So I've done this, and it tells me in the console it's unlocked, but I still get the "Info:Minting suspended due to locked wallet." message in the bottom left. I also seem to be unable to connect to more than one active connection. Any ideas?

Great coin so far, been mining since the launch so got a nice little stock pile I'd like to get some POS on.

i've noticed that as well, the message may remain, but it's unlocking it. POS should start in a few days, coin launched on March 1st. as far as the connections, did you update the nodes?

I can't remember doing it, I've had a busy few weeks moving my company. Had a quick look on OP and saw nothing, where would I find the info for the nodes I need to add and how to add them? First time trying a POS coin so no idea.

i'm assuming your using windows. are you using the old wallet v1.0? you can check in the wallet Help>About Zeitcoin. If so, you need to update to v1.0.1.0 can be found here

Yeah I updated to the newest wallet when it first came out so I'm on V1.0.1.0. Strangely, just after my last post, it got a second connection so hopefully it was just my crappy wifi.

Thanks a lot for your help

Open your wallet
click help
then click debug window
Click console tab
input the following text

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Activity: yes
when is the next halving?

we should have a counter for noobs like me Smiley

Activity: 252

Activity: 112
Activity: 126

Open your wallet
click help
then click debug window
Click console tab
input the following text

Jump to: