Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 603. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
there will not be a consensus on charity's
If you have a working crystal ball, would you mind sharing please?
Oh, you don't have one, well, then, how about we wait and see. You also seem to be obsessed with the word charity, I suggest you seek some counselling.

organizations, institutions, charity's, npo's....
it would be a self imposed limitation to select anything at this point, especially without actual analysis and consideration, this is not gonna realistically arise from forum discussions and shouldn't because not everyone is following this forum page by page. Im arguing against elected decisions, instead people should do, the community will approve or disapprove in a decentralized fashion multiple options simultaneously.

we will remain a decentralized participatory democracy

think a charity is relevant, put it to the test

we are not here to elect officials to do things

you want to get something done, you gotta do it yourself

we are defined by our actions
Where's the democracy? There's a dictatorship at the moment, the dev team is what they are. We can make suggestions and recommendations, but it's up to them whether they take it on board.

Don't know WTF you're going on about with charity here, apparently your brain got scrambled by the word again

what? if you feel so, i dont think you truly understand crypto-currency, the devs have no dictatorship
this sense is self-inflicted from a lack of ability to contribute, learn programming

I personally will not support charity unless they prove themselves to be well thought out, transparent and functional.
At the moment, 0 meet those combined requirements, hence why we will need to do things ourselves through projects.
There are ZERO charities that exist in the entire world that work? Wow, you must have spent your entire life researching them. I guess you are obsessed by them and hence you keep skipping over the word 'project' that several pepole have mentioned and keep harking on about 'charity'.

As you've put all this research in, what is it you'd like us to do then, surely you've put something together that's absolutely perfect by now?

i dont get how this is not obvious, almost all current organizations, institutions, charity's, npo's operate under the same old thinking and conform to the environment they are in.
with the amount of research i do, i would have come across notable organizations, institutions, charity's, npo's.

i dont get why you think im skipping over the word project when thats what im advocating, altho in a non centralized and non elected way.

if you have nothing concrete to actually offer, let the active and productive members of our community define the community
and go acquire the skills and knowledge relevant to Zeitcoins goals to become an active and productive member.

accepting your own ignorance and not doing anything about it is not acceptable, nothing is stopping you from understanding anything or acquiring any skills except yourself.

I've not seen you put any ideas up yet, you've just rubbished absolutely everything others have come up with or ignored them.
Perhaps you could heed your own words.

I'm out for a while, I'll check back another time and see if I'll be a fit for what community's built around this coin, so far it's a long way from something I'd like to put my efforts into. Hell, only 5 people have even bothered to vote on a poll let alone actually do anything as a movement.

GL to the decent folks here, sorry I can't help more my patience just isn't strong enough to deal with the others.

forum discussions does not count as doing something, or atleast you shouldn't expect it to for something involving the majority of the community, of which is not all following page by page this thread.

not trying to brag but
i have spent allot of time thinking about changing the status quo, and not just from wishy dreamy perspective. im talking practical, logical and procedural.
i am building ProjXverse
i am conceptualizing ways of making a distributed exchange
i am designing my own DIY workshop to accelerate the development of my ideas and skills
i am designing the physical version of digital decentralization revolution.
i am rethinking energy, water, food, shelter, micro-manufacturing, resource extraction, resource processing, resource recycling

im kind of overloaded with ideas and thoughts on the inefficiency's of current reality.
ofcourse this is all just words, until i reach the beta/usable stage of development

so my word of advice is do something, learn or be patient.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Oh, you don't have one, well, then, how about we wait and see. You also seem to be obsessed with the word charity, I suggest you seek some counselling.

Where's the democracy? There's a dictatorship at the moment, the dev team is what they are. We can make suggestions and recommendations, but it's up to them whether they take it on board.

Don't know WTF you're going on about with charity here, apparently your brain got scrambled by the word again

I personally will not support charity unless they prove themselves to be well thought out, transparent and functional.
At the moment, 0 meet those combined requirements, hence why we will need to do things ourselves through projects.
There are ZERO charities that exist in the entire world that work? Wow, you must have spent your entire life researching them. I guess you are obsessed by them and hence you keep skipping over the word 'project' that several pepole have mentioned and keep harking on about 'charity'.

As you've put all this research in, what is it you'd like us to do then, surely you've put something together that's absolutely perfect by now?

if you have nothing concrete to actually offer, let the active and productive members of our community define the community
and go acquire the skills and knowledge relevant to Zeitcoins goals to become an active and productive member.

accepting your own ignorance and not doing anything about it is not acceptable, nothing is stopping you from understanding anything or acquiring any skills except yourself.

I've not seen you put any ideas up yet, you've just rubbished absolutely everything others have come up with or ignored them.

I'm out for a while, I'll check back another time and see if I'll be a fit for what community's built around this coin, so far it's a long way from something I'd like to put my efforts into. Hell, only 5 people have even bothered to vote on a poll let alone actually do anything as a movement.

GL to the decent folks here, sorry I can't help more my patience just isn't strong enough to deal with the others.

use your time away to learn some people skills Smiley will do you wonders both here and the real world. till next time sunshine
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
found this, a good place to get some ideas
http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html

also some others i ran across

http://www.fireflysolar.net/
http://www.offgrid-energy.co.uk/
http://www.charitywater.org/whywater/
http://www.solar-aid.org/

just ideas, but more of what i'd like to see the community do, actually help people, especially those in need. at least to begin with, we can't change the world overnight. but we can make an impact on those lives who will appreciate it the most.

Great list BeholdTheTrueWake!
If anyone is able to find worthy projects like those above or have great ideas that match the ideals of this movement please post them or message me. I'm currently compiling a list for a charity/project-based lottery for Zeitcoin. Lets get the word of crypto out there. Lets help some communities in need. This effort and many like it will strengthen the life of the coin and ultimately seek to increase the quality the life for everyone.

I can't say it enough, this community is great. Onwards!!

/facepalm

so much inefficiency...

in terms of cost and rare resources, concentrated solar is the better way, altho currently underdeveloped for small scale applications
v3solar has the idea, but we could do better and cheaper
Indeed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This is why we need a fairly comprehensive list for the community to decide where to direct funding. One would hope that this method would circumvent the funding of inefficient and/or ineffective projects.
Activity: 154
Any reason why a late investor should put some money into Zeit?  I like the name but... not enough!

We've still got 2-3 block halvings to go until we're at 1 block reward, price will fluctuate a fair bit in the next 3-4 weeks.

make of that what you will.

The ideology behind it.... That's for you to make up your mind whether it's enough to add value.

I always put this kind of question to see the reaction of the supporters.
Today I'm shopping for long term coins , so I don't care a bit about block halving.

As an investor, don't know about Zeit for long term (literally as not thought about it from investor perspective rather than unsure if it'll survive).
Check CASH. Look to go though a rough transition from solo Dev (AWOL) to community developed and therefore the price is VERY low.
Wouldn't buy in at the moment as we may fail, but put on 'to watch' list, if we get organised, that's got a lot of long term potential

I usually do a check on the altcoin market once every month. I pick 50-100.
Out of those purchase at max 10.I need to get only 2 or three right Smiley

But i'm getting tired and I would like to have some coins that I can forget for a few weeks and check back only to see what's new.
Like bitcoin was 2 years ago..

Pick some up at 2-3 satoshis, drop it in your wallet, and at the least you'll be compounding POS gains after 20 days. I think the coin does has some potential for value.

just ideas, but more of what i'd like to see the community do, actually help people, especially those in need. at least to begin with, we can't change the world overnight. but we can make an impact on those lives who will appreciate it the most.

If anyone is able to find worthy projects like those above or have great ideas that match the ideals of this movement please post them or message me. I'm currently compiling a list for a charity/project-based lottery for Zeitcoin. Lets get the word of crypto out there. Lets help some communities in need. This effort and many like it will strengthen the life of the coin and ultimately seek to increase the quality the life for everyone.

/facepalm

so much inefficiency...

/facepalm

so much inefficiency...

in terms of cost and rare resources, concentrated solar is the better way, altho currently underdeveloped for small scale applications
v3solar has the idea, but we could do better and cheaper
Activity: 70
i wonder if the people in the emoticoin thread are carrying the same sort of conversations as this? lol
i only kid. but it shows that there are many other coins out there that don't even have these sort of healthy conversations or ideas flowing. we're fortunate to have that so early. we're not better in any way than them, but it shows what their community is about, just making a quick buck and then vanishing. well most of them will anyway, there may be a few people in there genuinely trying to grow the community, that's why they should come over here when that doesn't work out for them Smiley

*oh and we only had that neck and neck race on mintpal because of their ridiculous 6.6btc.
only a percentage of our votes were from btc, the rest was all community! that shows that even though we may have used a  small amount of the "tool" (money), it was still the robust Zeitcoin community that made it raise to the top so quickly. we're talking people voting all around the globe all around the the clock. awesome.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0

at the moment no coin is promising! bear market! so throw a dart! but zeit is def a good choice at the moment, lots of interest.

Bitcoin is at a point where it needs to move. Pressure it's building , and if bitcoin goes up usually the alts go even faster.
It happened before....

true, personally im invested in zeit and flapcoin! zeit because its more than just trying to make a quick buck and flapcoin because if they get there act together that coin will be worth lots and pay bills! like iv said this coin has had its up and downs but its the most promising from what i can see! that 21btc buy wall on mintpal says alot. anyones the hell out of me but hey.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
at the moment no coin is promising! bear market! so throw a dart! but zeit is def a good choice at the moment, lots of interest.

Bitcoin is at a point where it needs to move. Pressure it's building , and if bitcoin goes up usually the alts go even faster.
It happened before....

in defi we trust
Any reason why a late investor should put some money into Zeit?  I like the name but... not enough!

We've still got 2-3 block halvings to go until we're at 1 block reward, price will fluctuate a fair bit in the next 3-4 weeks.

The ideology behind it.... That's for you to make up your mind whether it's enough to add value.

Today I'm shopping for long term coins , so I don't care a bit about block halving.

As an investor, don't know about Zeit for long term (literally as not thought about it from investor perspective rather than unsure if it'll survive).
Check CASH. Look to go though a rough transition from solo Dev (AWOL) to community developed and therefore the price is VERY low.
Wouldn't buy in at the moment as we may fail, but put on 'to watch' list, if we get organised, that's got a lot of long term potential

I usually do a check on the altcoin market once every month. I pick 50-100.
Out of those purchase at max 10.I need to get only 2 or three right Smiley

But i'm getting tired and I would like to have some coins that I can forget for a few weeks and check back only to see what's new.
Like bitcoin was 2 years ago..

I also like the approach this coin is getting, even if ideals differ, they still come out of idealists. I am also here because I'm tired of the corrupt ways in which almost everything is done, and I think that the real merit is in fighting corruption through honest means.
Money has the value that people assign to it, and it's alright and necessary to value it. However, the original purpose of currency was practical transportation, to exchange. Now it seems to mostly fuel greed. We can show that we can give it another meaning, that'd be an achievement.

Like, make people aware of what money actually is, a medium of exchange, not something to be sought after in and of itself, rather access to the resources that we'd like/need.
It certainly does seem to go over people's heads these days.
Any reason why a late investor should put some money into Zeit?  I like the name but... not enough!

If you looking for long term this is the right coin, the community is still new only a few weeks old but we already a large presence! wont lie, we have had a few hiccups here and there but it hasnt stopped us and in fact has brought us closer together! In the process of laying the last few foundations before setting out on the journey! its a good time to get on board if you are seriously interested Smiley
in defi we trust
Any reason why a late investor should put some money into Zeit?  I like the name but... not enough!

Activity: 68

in the end this is all good healthy conversation. im glad that we can at least speak on our ideals here. it's how the communities ideology begins to take form. the more people weigh in on things like this, the more rigid of shape it takes.
so yea, you may have rubbed some the wrong way by seeming to support corruption, but i think i know where you're coming from, i just don't agree with it.
i see money as a tool, and only a tool. i see no more value in it than that.
it's a tool we unfortunately have to use in this current society, wasn't our choice, just was decided so a long time ago.
i could care less about being rich, def not here for that.
 im here for the change that's waiting to happen.

I also like the approach this coin is getting, even if ideals differ, they still come out of idealists. I am also here because I'm tired of the corrupt ways in which almost everything is done, and I think that the real merit is in fighting corruption through honest means.
Money has the value that people assign to it, and it's alright and necessary to value it. However, the original purpose of currency was practical transportation, to exchange. Now it seems to mostly fuel greed. We can show that we can give it another meaning, that'd be an achievement.
maybe a fund could be raised to build a small solar farm with solar mining rigs, and a way for them to access the funds, wouldn't be much, but it gets them in the crypto world. it would take much more than just that, but it's just a random thought i've been having.
it's ideas that shape the future. you seem to give up too much. it sounds like you don't really know where you stand yet. we need less disparity and more positive energy around here.
more ideas and solutions preferably.

Already been done... SolarCoin's doing that.

I've always wondered why new buildings aren't required to have solar panelled roofs already... That could be an angle maybe.

i looked into that coin a couple months back, it didn't seem concrete enough for me to get behind. if they're actually making it happen and funding solar projects, that's awesome.
my idea takes it a step further, but maybe they'll capitalize on it in the future.
we could too Smiley

Problem with current solar tech in under developed nations is that, that solar tech is worth good money and is often stolen and sold or broken! also its very dependant on weather conditions obviously and in places that have volatile weather patterns, its not much use. however!!! i have seen a technology (not 100% sure on how it works) but where solar panels are used in combination with dron tech so that you have floating solar farms which are in more stable areas of the atmosphere......no there is one other tech that im aware of but im trying to confirm! however I know there are heavy weights interested but unsure if it actually exists! dont want to elaborate more but when i can find out more ill post and see what people think! prob is this guys is wanting alot of money just to meet him which makes me suspicious but others who have met him have said that it appears what he created works although they not sure how......hows that for giving up Wink
maybe a fund could be raised to build a small solar farm with solar mining rigs, and a way for them to access the funds, wouldn't be much, but it gets them in the crypto world. it would take much more than just that, but it's just a random thought i've been having.
it's ideas that shape the future. you seem to give up too much. it sounds like you don't really know where you stand yet. we need less disparity and more positive energy around here.
more ideas and solutions preferably.

Already been done... SolarCoin's doing that.

I've always wondered why new buildings aren't required to have solar panelled roofs already... That could be an angle maybe.

i looked into that coin a couple months back, it didn't seem concrete enough for me to get behind. if they're actually making it happen and funding solar projects, that's awesome.
my idea takes it a step further, but maybe they'll capitalize on it in the future.
we could too Smiley

Yea, seemed .... well, I didn't go for it.

All for the idea, just thought I'd let you know, incase you didn't already :|
Jump to: